Official: 2012 Modern History HSC Exam predictions thread (1 Viewer)

doublel

HSC
There are a multitude of resources here, just go to the resources section.
I only managed to find one brief essay, it sort of helped though I guess, but still not enough information. With that being said, if they were to ask "Assess the impact of the Great Depression in the collapse of the Wiemar Republic" would it be possible to argue a thesis along the lines of "The Great Depression had greatly contributed to the collapse however It was a series of other factors as well" then spend half the essay talking bout the great depression and the other half talking bout other factors? Or would they only look for a specific argument based solely on the Great Depression?

inJust

HSC
What if it was, assess the impact of the great depression to hitlers rise in power. Lol gg

Roy216

HSC
I only managed to find one brief essay, it sort of helped though I guess, but still not enough information. With that being said, if they were to ask "Assess the impact of the Great Depression in the collapse of the Wiemar Republic" would it be possible to argue a thesis along the lines of "The Great Depression had greatly contributed to the collapse however It was a series of other factors as well" then spend half the essay talking bout the great depression and the other half talking bout other factors? Or would they only look for a specific argument based solely on the Great Depression?
You could do that, my teacher told me the same thing.

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
my teacher calls that the 60/40 rule, and yes it is doable. lets just hope we dont get a great depression question.

on another note, what would be the best way to structure an essay on "Political, social, economic and military developments within North and South Vietnam"?
i was thinking to do sort of 4 main body paragraphs comparing (depending on the question) polit social eco military for north and south. there just seems like too much info to get asked to write about all of this though.

Roy216

HSC
What if it was, assess the impact of the great depression to hitlers rise in power. Lol gg
Wouldn't be too bad, great depression was a gateway for Hitler to walk into the public spotlight and appeal to all those affected by the great depression. Plus the GD resulted in many changes in the voting and continuous elections so as AJP Taylor said it put 'wind in Hitlers sail.

nalion

HSC
Does anyone do Conflict in the Pacific? I feel so alone...haha

So for Germany, it seems like we're looking at the questions most likely being on:
* The Depression
* Hitler's accession to power
* Social and cultural life in the Third Reich.

Also, possibly racial policy? It's been a while since they've asked about that
I do Pacific. But i really don't know what it could be on. Reasons for Japanese defeat and Japanese advances haven't been asked in a while

crizk

HSC
National Studies for Germany (1918-1939) maybe:
-Impact of the Great Depression
-Totalitarianism
-Foreign Policy
(Doubt they'll ask about Weimar - they've been asking for it 3 years in a row now)

Conflict in Indochina maybe:
-Impact of the Tet Offensive (hasn't been asked since 2006)
-Impact of the War on Civilians
-Anti-War Movement

alyssa21

HSC
N/A
Could anyone post up this year's Catholic Trial questions for USA and the Cold War?

Roy216

HSC
National Studies for Germany (1918-1939) maybe:
-Impact of the Great Depression
-Totalitarianism
-Foreign Policy
(Doubt they'll ask about Weimar - they've been asking for it 3 years in a row now)

Conflict in Indochina maybe:
-Impact of the Tet Offensive (hasn't been asked since 2006)
-Impact of the War on Civilians
-Anti-War Movement
It's been standard to ask one weimar question and one on nazi germany, could change this year

doublel

HSC
my teacher calls that the 60/40 rule, and yes it is doable. lets just hope we dont get a great depression question.

on another note, what would be the best way to structure an essay on "Political, social, economic and military developments within North and South Vietnam"?
i was thinking to do sort of 4 main body paragraphs comparing (depending on the question) polit social eco military for north and south. there just seems like too much info to get asked to write about all of this though.
Thanks ! I thought as much because I struggled to find much content on the Great Depression. And as for the Indochina question, if they ask about social,political, economic, military developments it would be best to structure as you said since they would most probably be looking for a contrast or comparing of North Vietnam to South Vietnam.

lani22

HSC
Yeah i was thinking something like this or "to what extent did the great depression lead to hitler's accession to power?" something like that

ArguablyMitch

HSC
I do Pacific. But i really don't know what it could be on. Reasons for Japanese defeat and Japanese advances haven't been asked in a while
Yeah the defeat is quite likely. I just hope we don't get Occupied Territories

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Start from the Beerhall putsch in 1923 ---> Hitler's imprisonment and then release in 1925 ---> then go from there
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Accession to power refers to the shifty political dealings between 32/33. Though you could start from the political crisis which lead to it in 1930. (and your however would probably depend on the q :))

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Accession to power refers to the shifty political dealings between 32/33. Though you could start from the political crisis which lead to it in 1930. (and your however would probably depend on the q :))
Yes, it depends on the context given.

Kieran95

HSC

So how would you structure it? Surely there wouldn't be enough content to write an essay on? :/

nalion

HSC
Yeah the defeat is quite likely. I just hope we don't get Occupied Territories
Occupied territories have been asked twice before but my teacher reckons it could be a possibility. I'm thinking strategies used by allied forces or reasons for the Japanese defeat

kiwigirl159

HSC
Just to remind you guys, they can ask something from those 'key features and issues' at the top of the syllabus page... For example, "Account for why the conflict in Europe broke out in 1939.", or "What were the turning points of the European War and to what extent did they contribute to the eventual Allied victory."

It doesn't have to come directly from one of those 'Students learn about:' dot points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)