Official Anticipated Album Releases (1 Viewer)

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
44Ronin said:
original music is in short supply.

it's not like something has to be original to be good, and i wouldn't expect anything super original from this breeders album, just fun. and anyway, not everything that would be original and new would be a good listening experience, obviously.

the last album that was a true muscial epiphany (if you know what i mean...) for me was 'Choirs of the Eye' by Kayo Dot - but despite it being totally new to me it's not really original, just an extension of the sounds that maudlin of the Well had already carved out for themselves.
yet at the same time i'd say most people would think this album to be a totally new/original sound if they heard it - if that's how you want to classify originality.

Indie-DiscoZ

HSC
44Ronin said:
original music is in short supply.
you can't really get original music these days! everything is "influenced" or borrows from elsewhere and it is cool for that reason. Name one band who has a truly "unique sound" and they'll have influences or borrow from someone else.
otherwise the matches have a new album coming out!!!!! and klaxons sometime at the end of the year

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
for the people who care (probably just meli)

Ellen Allien - Sool

= leak'd

mischievous90

HSC
what did u guys think about Britney's new album "Blackout"? as embaress as it is i sort of enjoyed it

cdmanutd

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
The Beatles.
The Beatles are brilliant. Just brilliant. But to say that they were completely original and didn't borrow from anywhere else is ridiculous... especially when you note that their debut album was mostly covers.

HSC
yay downloading martha wainwright's new cd right now. :)

Great for anyone who likes folk/soft rock type music

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Metallica- Death Magnetic
Trivium- Shogun
F5- The reckoning
Megadeth- have just started recording so what ever they are producing i wish to posses it

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
it's a little...underwhelming tbh.

i might still buy the vinyl just because of that awesome poster

HSC
Cynic - Traced in Air
October 27th.

There's a couple of "new" (as in, not on Focus) songs on YouTube, such as Evolutionary Sleeper, Adam's Murmur and Integral Birth. This is going to be fucking huge.

*Buttercup*

HSC
Indie-DiscoZ said:
you can't really get original music these days! everything is "influenced" or borrows from elsewhere and it is cool for that reason. Name one band who has a truly "unique sound" and they'll have influences or borrow from someone else.
otherwise the matches have a new album coming out!!!!! and klaxons sometime at the end of the year
umm... duh. of course they will. unless they never listened to any music in their lives other than the music they wrote, but that would be ridiculous. Music that wasnt influenced by other music never existed.

Last edited:

HoCo8

HSC
Bring Me The Horizon - Suicide Season... first album was pretty chat, but like what I've heard from this one.

Cold War Kids - Loyalty to Loyalty in 4 days.

Amity - Severed Ties

shell..

HSC
Mogwai's new album came out about a week ago..
it's pretty good actually, plus it's all on their myspace

jamie3130

HSC
The Tre The Third album drops in the Spring! Check out his myspace to get a preview.... myspace.com/trethethird

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)