Official BOS Study Meat 2014 @ The University of Sydney (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
What do you guys think about having a set supervisor(s) to meet you guys at Redfern/Central station at say 9am, and then walk to the seminar?
Probably 1 supervisor should do, just to keep the new guests comfortable when they attend.

enoilgam

HSC
I'll be there offering help for Modern, Legal and SOR. I can mark essays from other humanities subjects, but I wont be able to mark the content, just structure, argument formation and wording. Also, if people want some general career advice, I can help out a bit here as well (having recently been on the graduate market, I've definitely learned heaps so hopefully some people can benefit whilst my knowledge is still fresh).

Last edited:

buriza

conviction
HSC
Also what do I need to bring?
  • Essays you want marked
  • Homework you want to complete
  • Homework you need help with
  • Please bring any friends with you who you may wish to study with as well, they are most welcome

turntaker

HSC
  • Essays you want marked
  • Homework you want to complete
  • Homework you need help with
  • Please bring any friends with you who you may wish to study with as well, they are most welcome
ok.. are you one of the people that will be watching me. .o.

buriza

conviction
HSC
oh I mean "supervising" lol
it depends, I have to ensure I'm actually coming before I get a role assigned to me :haha: more likely to be marking essays though, don't know if that makes me a supervisor in turn

esaitchkay

HSC
keen for this! I attended the last seminar, on problem solving in maths, and found it quite interesting. It's nice to learn about the processes in maths, as opposed to raw content. After all, we should take advantage of the "opportunity to develop an appreciation of mathematics." :p

I'll be there offering help for Modern, Legal and SOR. I can mark essays from other humanities subjects, but I wont be able to mark the content, just structure, argument formation and wording. Also, if people want some general career advice, I can help out a bit here as well (having recently been on the graduate market, I've definitely learned heaps so hopefully some people can benefit whilst my knowledge is still fresh).
woo! keen. I'd love to get feedback on the structure of my legal essays :) I've also been quite curious about the grad market, so that'd be interesting too! :)

wagig

HSC
It's moreso about study techniques and exam techniques, rather than actual content.

Though I am thinking of doing a seminar on Harder Extension 1 (the Extension 2 topic) on the same day.

Can people give me some thoughts on this, I know that it is a topic often taught poorly and I would like to know how many people roughly will be interested.
I'd be interested in a Harder Extension 1 seminar :angryfire:

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
It's moreso about study techniques and exam techniques, rather than actual content.

Though I am thinking of doing a seminar on Harder Extension 1 (the Extension 2 topic) on the same day.

Can people give me some thoughts on this, I know that it is a topic often taught poorly and I would like to know how many people roughly will be interested.
Wasn't Harder Ext1 covered in a previous study meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)