• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Official BOS Study Meat v2.0 (Winter Edition) (2 Viewers)

HSC
hey guise ~

I'll bring along a copy of all the essays I wrote from last year. As someone who went into trials and the HSC with (readily adaptable) memorised essays, I totally understand if any of you are the type who just cannot bring themselves to write an essay on the spot by simply utilising a list of memorised techniques/quotes... so feel free to find me on the day if you want any tips on how to write said adaptable essays (I seriously only wrote one essay per section/module, then kind of just looked at billions of papers and thought about whether I could, or how I could, adapt my essay to that question if I were in an exam situation), or if you just want to take a look at my essays, or ask anything text-specific, etc.

I'll also have a look at any essays. I did The Crucible, Pride and Prejudice, Hamlet and Ted Hughes, so apart from AOS, I don't really feel qualified to look over anything else D:

If anyone is interested, I'll also bring along my original paper from the 2011 HSC. I got a raw mark of 44/45 for AOS (14.5, 14.5, 15)... although I may not feel comfortable sharing the creative. Just find me on the day.
Would you be able to look over prelim english essays as well? In terms of structure, coherence etc.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Alright will do :) ^and yes that's fine too.

Umm look out for an asian girl with waist-length hair? ><

deswa1

HSC
hey guise ~

I'll bring along a copy of all the essays I wrote from last year. As someone who went into trials and the HSC with (readily adaptable) memorised essays, I totally understand if any of you are the type who just cannot bring themselves to write an essay on the spot by simply utilising a list of memorised techniques/quotes... so feel free to find me on the day if you want any tips on how to write said adaptable essays (I seriously only wrote one essay per section/module, then kind of just looked at billions of papers and thought about whether I could, or how I could, adapt my essay to that question if I were in an exam situation), or if you just want to take a look at my essays, or ask anything text-specific, etc.

I'll also have a look at any essays. I did The Crucible, Pride and Prejudice, Hamlet and Ted Hughes, so apart from AOS, I don't really feel qualified to look over anything else D:

If anyone is interested, I'll also bring along my original paper from the 2011 HSC. I got a raw mark of 44/45 for AOS (14.5, 14.5, 15)... although I may not feel comfortable sharing the creative. Just find me on the day.
Sounds amazing- thanks so much. Could I compare your HSC paper with your original essay to see how you adapt to different questions? If you don't want to share the creative, that's fine.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds amazing- thanks so much. Could I compare your HSC paper with your original essay to see how you adapt to different questions? If you don't want to share the creative, that's fine.
Yeah sure :)

@Shadowdude, I dunno though, I'd feel a bit odd going around trying to read every girl's name tag @___@

and yeah um, absolutely no other distinguishing features.

I guess you'll just have to go around reading name tags.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah sure :)

@Shadowdude, I dunno though, I'd feel a bit odd going around trying to read every girl's name tag @___@

and yeah um, absolutely no other distinguishing features.

I guess you'll just have to go around reading name tags.
make your nametag nice and distinctive

Like, if I end up going (depends - I might drop by in the morning) - I'll have a nice orange/green colour scheme going on on mine

nightweaver066

HSC
Worried about who will take the Chemistry seminar D:

It's getting late.

When will food be finalised?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Food will be finalised on the Monday because that's when the Librarian returns from her holidays.

Chemistry Seminar I have iSplicer in mind but if he doesn't wish to, then Mirakon has a suggestion.

Been extremely busy recently, even after exams.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I no longer do have said suggestion unfortunately, person I had un mind is committed on that day :(

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Can any of the english gods that are coming bring any essays that they have so I can have a look at things like structure, expression etc?
I haven't written any essays on the current syllabus, but I have some killer uni ones which demonstrate good structure/expression. So if you're not too worried about content, but want more skills that can be generalised, come have a chat with me :)

(I should probably also say I know most of the current syllabus, I just haven't written stuff on it myself)

deswa1

HSC
I haven't written any essays on the current syllabus, but I have some killer uni ones which demonstrate good structure/expression. So if you're not too worried about content, but want more skills that can be generalised, come have a chat with me :)

(I should probably also say I know most of the current syllabus, I just haven't written stuff on it myself)
Yeah that would be really helpful thanks- I'll make sure to track you down :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)