OFFICIAL Easter Show Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Re: Sydney Easter Show

well im definately preparing myself for a whole lota exhaustion next week. start work with RAS on friday :)

my sis said after this first shift of work, ill get more shifts. (as she always gets called in to come work, but she cant work them coz she has another job :S) oh well

laila2010

HSC

Yeah you apply through the showbag companies themselves...
They most definitely hire school students.:spin:

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad

Yeah you apply through the showbag companies themselves...
They most definitely hire school students.:spin:
do you know any showbag companies?
the only one I've heard of is Bensons, but i'm pretty sure there are more..

laila2010

HSC

It differs from year to year. You usually contact them through the manager of a company. Eg. the easter show website they will give you "lisa's" email to get a job with showbags.

At the current time they have not worked how many employee's are needed etc. and the information has not yet been released (other then voluntary positions.)

At the beginning of March this information is released on the Sydney Royal Easter show website. You then email them your resume and cover letter and if they think you suit the position they will send you an email telling you that you have got an interview and tell you attend a group interview.

I know that it sucks that you have to wait until March or very late February..:spin:

I hope that information helps..:sun:

julimari

HSC

I think it would be a good experience, maybe I will try out. Does anyone know the procedure to obtain a job there or is it your regular interview process?

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad

Excellent.
My friend and I are definetely going to apply as soon as those jobs come up!

Peartie

HSC

Ill be working with the heritage centre again...gets very hectic from about now till after the show!

peter187

HSC

so what are the names of some of the companies that you can apply to for jobs there?

Peartie

HSC

well im definately preparing myself for a whole lota exhaustion next week. start work with RAS on friday :)

my sis said after this first shift of work, ill get more shifts. (as she always gets called in to come work, but she cant work them coz she has another job :S) oh well
where do you work for the RAS? Which section?

Lukybear

HSC

Do people at uni have time to work at Easter Show?

Noob1314

HSC

Is it possible to apply now? I went on the website and I applied for Bensons and Hunter Leisure yesterday but I don't know if they are still accepting people though. I really want the job too ! D:
I just called the companies as well but none of them picked up and then I realised they're not working because it's the weekends LOL.
Does anyone know when they inform you if you have an interview or not? What are the chances of getting in because I have not worked before. But I have done catering and stuff at my school whenever they invite the parents to see their student's work.

andrewPAL

1st Lieutenant
HSC

Chances of getting in are not slim, As long as your aussie your fine. Australia day citizenship ftw.

Noob1314

HSC

but i'm asian D:
what do u mean by aussie? im a permanent resident...

snow_fanatzi

HSC

hey guys! i worked at the easter show last year for showbag. dont worry they will contact you via email if they want you to attend for interview.

and for people who say that aussie will only get the job is wrong. im asian and there seem to be a lot of asian last year who worked at the easter show

and yes, we uni people do have time to work at the easter show. i think there like a mid semester break when the easter show start. but it could be different this year =S

Last edited:

musing

HSC

I just applied for this. Fingers crossed!

Noob1314

HSC

hey guys! i worked at the easter show last year for showbag. dont worry they will contact you via email if they want you to attend for interview.

and for people who say that aussie will only get the job is wrong. im asian and there seem to be a lot of asian last year who worked at the easter show

and yes, we uni people do have time to work at the easter show. i think there like a mid semester break when the easter show start. but it could be different this year =S
do they accept 15 year olds with no experience? because if i get the job itll be my very first job ! but ive done catering and stuff at my school so is that alright? i hope i get it. are they still accepting at this time?

andrewPAL

1st Lieutenant
HSC

but i'm asian D:
what do u mean by aussie? im a permanent resident...
Oh alright my bad, any resident living in australia can apply, 'pends on age I guess, your HSC is in 2012, I'm guessing you should be alright as long as your tall and good on vocab

gella

HSC

fingers crossed i get in, we should probably cross dicks too guys

snow_fanatzi

HSC

well it really depend. i think 15 years old is alright. just wait for the reply from one of the company to see if they wanted to interview you. and its a group interview. usually takes around 10-15 minutes. you stand up, say your name, your experience and then they ask for your contact number.

they will msg you if you make it in or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)