OFFICIAL Easter Show Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
Re: Sydney Easter Show

well i expressed my interest for eastershow on friday, so i should be called up since im already an employee. (filled out this form at work :) )

but nah im not talking about showbag stuff.. thats kinda boring. Bar work for me :D thats so much more fun :D

gella

HSC

omg you are so awesome and such a mature person to be able to work in a bar

HSC
N/A

but i'm asian D:
what do u mean by aussie? im a permanent resident...
dont worry. theyr not that racist. there were alot of asians working at the big day out. okay so the people who had NO experiece what so ever, or ddnt have that great english skills they were put on cleaner duty. but that was for the people on working visas kind of thing.

if your asian, that doesnt mean u wont get a job. so dont worry, where i worked there were indians, asians and europeans/british. :)

HSC
N/A

omg you are so awesome and such a mature person to be able to work in a bar
BAHAHHA. i wouldnt say mature.

the whole time, the bar i worked at was like a comedy show. the supervisor just kept cracking jokes. and we all swore and shit talked about employees we ddnt want to work with us etc. it was just very entertaining

gella

HSC

but asians can't speak english

debts

HSC
N/A

whats the pay generally for showbag/customer service work?

going on rides during my break sounds alright though

HSC
N/A

whats the pay generally for showbag/customer service work?

going on rides during my break sounds alright though
i dont know the pay..

but i will tell you, you may not have enough time to go on the rides during your break. because the eastershow is pretty full on and busy, u will prob only get a maximum of 30 min break (to go eat lunch/dinner) so u wont really have time to go and do the things u want. just saying coz i wanted to have my break at the big day out when dizzee rascal was on, but i never got the time to go. i was at the bar or at the cafeteria. had no time to wander unless i ditched lunch/dinner :S (and then i wuldve got pissed that i ddnt eat... food is prettty good! not lousy sloppy food. mmm caeser salad was so good on those hot days :D )

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC

i dont know the pay..

but i will tell you, you may not have enough time to go on the rides during your break. because the eastershow is pretty full on and busy, u will prob only get a maximum of 30 min break (to go eat lunch/dinner) so u wont really have time to go and do the things u want. just saying coz i wanted to have my break at the big day out when dizzee rascal was on, but i never got the time to go. i was at the bar or at the cafeteria. had no time to wander unless i ditched lunch/dinner :S (and then i wuldve got pissed that i ddnt eat... food is prettty good! not lousy sloppy food. mmm caeser salad was so good on those hot days :D )
sauce?

HSC
N/A

source...

geez
oh lols.

yeah people who i worked with told me. coz they worked eastershow last year. and thats the rules anyway. your entitled to two 30 min break after 5 hours of work each. and a 15 min break (thats not paid). the 30 min breaks are meant for lunch/dinner but some choose not to and wander instead. up to you i guess.

Noob1314

HSC

well it really depend. i think 15 years old is alright. just wait for the reply from one of the company to see if they wanted to interview you. and its a group interview. usually takes around 10-15 minutes. you stand up, say your name, your experience and then they ask for your contact number.

they will msg you if you make it in or not.
hey thanks for your help :)
but what if you dont have any experience? because like i said..this is probably my first job if i gt an interview...
does experience mean like previous job experience or like experience you have done at school as well? e.g. volunteering to sort out library books, catering foods for parents, volunteering to help at fundraisers etc?

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad

hey thanks for your help :)
but what if you dont have any experience? because like i said..this is probably my first job if i gt an interview...
does experience mean like previous job experience or like experience you have done at school as well? e.g. volunteering to sort out library books, catering foods for parents, volunteering to help at fundraisers etc?
I think you'll be fine, as long as you're available for the whole show and are willing to work pretty long days.

musing

HSC

Does anyone know when they will probably call you for an interview?

Noob1314

HSC

Does anyone know when they will probably call you for an interview?
I got a reply back saying they'll email me when it's closer to the date
so itll prob be around march or 2weeks before the show starts.

OMG I HOPE I GET IN (YN)

musing

HSC

I got a reply back saying they'll email me when it's closer to the date
so itll prob be around march or 2weeks before the show starts.

OMG I HOPE I GET IN (YN)
Haha same here! :)

Noob1314

HSC
Selling showbags at the Easter Show :S

Ok I kinda got inspired to work at the Easter Show from the previous thread and applied for Hunter Leisure and Benson just in case one of them rejects me. A few days after I emailed them my CV Benson replied that they would contact me when it's closer to the date

and Hunter Leisure just emailed me a form I have to fill out, print and post. I looked at the forms and it says to fill out the days I can't do it and if I would abandon studying and stuff for this. The problem is that I usually have tutoring during the holidays and I can reschedule some of them but most of them I can't. Would they not accept me or ask me for an interview if I have a few days off for tutoring ? Because usually they look for people who are free during the holidays ...

And from the situation, which one sounds more hopeful? Benson or Hunter Leisure?

Thanks, any help appreciated :)

gella

HSC
Re: Selling showbags at the Easter Show :S

what year you in dude

RofL

HSC
Re: Selling showbags at the Easter Show :S

how bout uni students... I have no idea when the uni holidays are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)