Official Pokemon game thread (2 Viewers)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Two days ago, Amazon.com updated their listings for the games HeartGold & SoulSilver to include a March 14th 2010 date. At that time, this was shrugged off as retaillers often put their own date guesses up. However, last night, and thanks to all who let me know, they updated with the US Boxarts which seemingly validate the date. It is possible that the date will change between now and then and it isn't confirmed. The Box Art however confirms that the PokéWalker peripheral will be included with the games. Click the box art to go to our massive HeartGold/SoulSilver section
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

i think instead of pirating, i'll actually buy this game, maybe off ebay like i did with pearl version, so i can get it earlier and cheaper.

Need to do some research as to what the version exclusives are.. most likely i'll buy soul silver version and download heart gold.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
i renenber the days when kids gather round westfields to download celebis to their game.
Sadly I was one of the kids who.. even older than this.. I was at the Pokemon convention to download MEW to my Pokemon Blue game. I remember getting my best friend at the time (we were in year 6?) to come with me to Macquariearty! Centre... and you would queue up and then put your gameboy cartridge into a SNES like system which would add it to your pokemon party. You could go back as many times as you liked! Can't remember much else other than Mew not being as great as we thought it would be so we all went back to our usual Pokemon teams in schoolyard battles (rule was no Mew/Mewtwos).

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ok so i have this plan for double battle tournament.
my openers would be Rhyperior and Gyrados.

Rhyperior:
- lightning rod
- whatever awesome moves INCLUDING earthquake
- some item

Gyrados:
- stuff
- moves
- item

basically lightening rod gets rid of any 4x moves that could kill gyrados, and earthquake doesnt affect gyra since its water/FLYING.

am i win?

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I have a few Que's.

What is EV training.

If i was to max out a strong pokemon (Lvl 100, best moves + best item) and fed it every nutrient i could find, would it be good.

Also can players tell if a pokemon is hacked.

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
I have a few Que's.

What is EV training.

If i was to max out a strong pokemon (Lvl 100, best moves + best item) and fed it every nutrient i could find, would it be good.
EVs are meant to be taken at the very early levels (i.e. lvl 1-7). Each Pokemon gives a different EV when it is defeated.

The total limit is something like 500-something, and the limit of any stat is 200-something. So you can max out two stats and give a bit to some other stat.

Nutrients give about 10 EV points each.

Macho Brace doubles EV intake, as dokes Pokerus (I think). I forgot what EXP Share does besides give EXP (it might give EVs too)

EV training or giving nutrients to a level 100 does nothing, 100% likely that its EV allocation has been filled up already.

Also can players tell if a pokemon is hacked.
All shinies, weird origin or meeting place with trainer, moves that it can't learn (sometimes more obvious than others).

If you're hacking for a level 100, you might as well allocate EVs instead of EV training/feeding drugs.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
EVs are meant to be taken at the very early levels (i.e. lvl 1-7). Each Pokemon gives a different EV when it is defeated.

The total limit is something like 500-something, and the limit of any stat is 200-something. So you can max out two stats and give a bit to some other stat.

Nutrients give about 10 EV points each.

Macho Brace doubles EV intake, as dokes Pokerus (I think). I forgot what EXP Share does besides give EXP (it might give EVs too)

EV training or giving nutrients to a level 100 does nothing, 100% likely that its EV allocation has been filled up already.

All shinies, weird origin or meeting place with trainer, moves that it can't learn (sometimes more obvious than others).

If you're hacking for a level 100, you might as well allocate EVs instead of EV training/feeding drugs.
What would you consider the best pokemon to EV train in terms of it being a badass. I wanna see if im able to to trade it online etc.

HSC
does anyone know if the pokemon mystery dungeon games are any good? i was thinking of trading a couple of games (diamond & pokemon ranger) for it.

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
I guess any OU Pokemon would be fine (Over Used), just because they're desirable for standard play.

There should be a tier list of Pokemon on the internet somewhere, it just categorises what has potential and what is just crap.

You could try making bizarre ones like a Machamp or Primeape that uses Special Attack only (Focus Blast as primary move) - these could be used for fun in UU play. Or a Slaking hacked to have Speed Boost ability instead of the ability that makes it skip every 2nd turn. It's already quite fast and it's strong.

Smogon gives some ideas for EV spreads, movesets and strategies for all Pokemon.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
What would you consider the best pokemon to EV train in terms of it being a badass. I wanna see if im able to to trade it online etc.
depends.

alakazam for special attacker
weavile for physical sweeper
blissey for wall (it's hp)
metagross for physical/wall
and plenty more

does anyone know if the pokemon mystery dungeon games are any good? i was thinking of trading a couple of games (diamond & pokemon ranger) for it.
i got the ds one, the darkness/time whatever, not worth buying, but download it, not a bad game (not worth paying for, like the original series)

HSC
i got the ds one, the darkness/time whatever, not worth buying, but download it, not a bad game (not worth paying for, like the original series)
ok i thought that might be the case, cause ranger was pretty crap. i'll definitely wait for something decent to come out then trade it for that. you can download DS games :confused: i never knew that.

as for the games, i usually pick the fire/water starter and use it to kill everything. i always wait till it's on some epic level like 75-80 to challenge the elite four, because i can't be bothered training the pokemon so they're all good enough to challenge.

HSC
POKEMON IS FOR LITTLE BOYS WITH SMALL DICKSR U A lil boi wiv a smawl dik??????Its rehotrical, you dont have 2 answerfags

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ok i thought that might be the case, cause ranger was pretty crap. i'll definitely wait for something decent to come out then trade it for that. you can download DS games :confused: i never knew that.

as for the games, i usually pick the fire/water starter and use it to kill everything. i always wait till it's on some epic level like 75-80 to challenge the elite four, because i can't be bothered training the pokemon so they're all good enough to challenge.
yeah i download roms then copy them onto a microSD card (4gb) then put that in my R4 then put R4 into my ds then play one of 20 or so games i have on it :)
i bought it from gadgetgear.com.au for $45 or so.

also, yeah water and fire are the best, but swampert is really ugly.
The grass ones are usually crap (imo), excluding torterra, looks freakin awesome plus it as pretty awesome att/def stats. Shame it's 4x weak against ice, lol :(

POKEMON IS FOR LITTLE BOYS WITH SMALL DICKSR U A lil boi wiv a smawl dik??????Its rehotrical, you dont have 2 answerfags
i hate you very much

HSC
yeah i download roms then copy them onto a microSD card (4gb) then put that in my R4 then put R4 into my ds then play one of 20 or so games i have on it :)
i bought it from gadgetgear.com.au for $45 or so.
i never knew you could do that haha, cool.

also, yeah water and fire are the best, but swampert is really ugly.
The grass ones are usually crap (imo), excluding torterra, looks freakin awesome plus it as pretty awesome att/def stats. Shame it's 4x weak against ice, lol :(
yeah torterra is the only exception, i wouldn't use it if it didn't have earthquake though. for some reason i always have more difficulty beating flying types with torterra than i do ice.

also, i think gyarados may be my favourite pokemon. i could never be bothered to train a magikarp 20 levels to evolve, but when i did and trained it it could beat just about anything.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Thats where EXP share and the awesome super EXP gain comes in handy.

BTW just found my ROM has a cheat to surpass max EV's.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah torterra is the only exception, i wouldn't use it if it didn't have earthquake though. for some reason i always have more difficulty beating flying types with torterra than i do ice.
in platinum i'm up to the ice gym. My strongest pokemans are torterra (50 or so) and gabite (48 or so). Both are 4x weak against ice.
lol oops :eek:

HSC
Thats where EXP share and the awesome super EXP gain comes in handy.
yeah i use EXP share in patches of grass and caves but i prefer my starter to get all the EXP from trainer battles. and since wild pokemon aren't as strong, it takes me a long time to train. i realise it's a weird way of doing things though lol, i just keep to the same strategy. what's super EXP gain? haha i feel like such a noob, i don't know any of this EV stuff.

Omie Jay said:
in platinum i'm up to the ice gym. My strongest pokemans are torterra (50 or so) and gabite (48 or so). Both are 4x weak against ice.
lol oops
ooh that's tough lol. does your torterra know earthquake yet? that's always my strategy for candice lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)