Official Pokemon game thread (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ITT: all about the pokemon games, where we can discuss past/current/future releases, teams, etc.

I, for one, hate that all the dragon pokemon have dual types.
Its always either dragon/flying, dragon/ground, dragon/water or dragon/steel.

Now competitively (meaning excluding legendaries) the cool dragons (dragonite, salamence, garchomp) are dragon/flying or dragin/ground (garchomp), meaning that they're 4x weak against ice, which pisses me off.

Kingdra is dragon/water, meaning its only weakness is dragon, but its not that good, its got a high sp.att., but not too special.

who else likes pokemon?

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
to the contrary my friend, i think theyve gotten MUCH better.

Especially with the addition of held items, then EV's, double battles, pokemon abilities, physical/special moves, its gotten more complicated and there's so many tactics to use.

Muimo

HSC
I used to have epic battles with my brothers, friends and cousins.

I trained my pokemon till level 100 (all 6 of them) in gold and silver, i must've finished the elite 4 like 1000 times.

I had a Crobat, Golem, Tyranitar. I can't remember the others.

Golem was simply there to take out prized pokemon.

Strategy involved explosion with Golem followed by Crobat destroying what was left.

Crobat won me so many matches.

My fondest memory is once where my friend had 3 pokemon and i had only my crobat left, Giga Drain + Hyper Beam i think i also had Moonlight or something but i can;t remember.

Last edited:

red-butterfly

HSC
i remember back in primary when pokemon trading cards RULED OUR LIVES!

zingerburger

HSC
It's kind of a shame that I outgrew Pokemon. I don't know if they still hold tournaments anymore but I wouldn't mind turning up and slamming all the little kids in the trading card game. I had some nicely built decks back in the day.

This is off-topic, but did anyone get into Beyblades as well? I thought they were a lot of fun too.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Aaah Pokemon cards. Trading became so popular at my primary school that the school introduced rules - you could only trade with your own year, or risk having the cards confiscated.

Anybody looking forward to Pokemon Platinum?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i got platinum =)

downloaded it a couple of weeks ago, or last week, ..

play it on the train to and from uni, quite good, just beat second gym leader and theres already differences.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I'm waiting on a new DS. Mine was stolen in Argentina, along with Diamond, in which I'd just beaten the elite four, and Sapphire, in which I was just about to verse them for the first time rawr :angry:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I'm waiting on a new DS. Mine was stolen in Argentina, along with Diamond, in which I'd just beaten the elite four, and Sapphire, in which I was just about to verse them for the first time rawr :angry:
shit, that'd suck!!!
http://community.boredofstudies.org/215/games/141290/pok-mon-center.html

you got a flash card right kwayera? its up already. though i dunno if it's been released in australia yet.

started again with the monkey pokemon and i don't know where to go after the first gym
after first gym back track a bit and since now u got rock smash (u should got it) u can smash rocks...

so yea, explore dude.

end up goin thru eterna forest to eterna city, i did that today, lol.

Last edited:

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Oh yes, pokemon is awesome =). Already finished Platinum and trounced the Elite Four courtesy of some amazing luck with critical hits. Levelling stuffies up now.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
The original pokemon was the BEST.

The first 150 pokemon and possibly even when they went up to 250, after that, i detered away from pokemon and dislike it now. However i guess ill still play the originals.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i think i'll consider ev training up a weavile into my team sometime, when i finish platinum.
it has really good physical sweeping capabilities.

whats everyone's best team, or dream team?
No legendaries, only one of each pokemon.

in the battle tower thingo in pearl, i used salamence, rhyperior, and blissey. first 2 completely tore up any competition, and blissey was the back up, i loved it when i had my blissey left: minimise 6 times till u cant use it anymore, softboiling when necessary, then toxic, then watch em helplessly die, hehehehehehehe.

if the game allowed, i'd seriously have a team of 3 blisseys, all 3 would have softboiled, refresh and minimise, first will have seismic toss (if possible), second will have will-o-wisp, third will have toxic.
unbeatable team, unless i came across 3 machamps :eek:

Last edited:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Charizard
Alakazam
Crobat
Snorlax
Dragonite
Arcanine

(I would have included one of the birds, but you said no legendary)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)