Official Question 2 Thread - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

beemo

i developed a character, adressed change, adressed the picture ("they say a picture is worth a thousand words... so where do i begin? loved it.) created a conflict (violence in prison) then fucked it up by crossing into a legal argument on rehab. i got carried away. dammit. dont even care - i like workin at maccas.

Xephon

Ah...I thought I would have liked this question...but the stimuli we where given was pitiful :(

I wrote about a young soldier fighting for his continent on a far away world, and he thinks about how things occured to plunge his world into war, and that they where wrecking the world, but Earth Peacekeeping forces had arrived and where preparing to fix it and stuff, and how he was hiding because he was being hunted, hunted because he is different, because he just wanted to not fight. He thought about a story his pa had told him when he was a little boy, of his grandpapa's time on earth, when people would come and ransack houses and burn crops, and how he hoped this world was a new start.
The closing paragraph has an explosion happen in the fields of the farm he is hiding at, setting them alight, and as he runs away, the last thing he thinks of is
'new days, old prejudices'

I blew it out the door, huh?

yamo

i stuffed it..dunno wtf is picture of change. so i used da pic of da plane n say i received an SMS msg from my friend which it's a flight outside da airport. den as i dunno what to do..i make da picture of change physically appear. i said i got another SMS so i got a pic dat is a plane flying above da sky. which changes from ground to sky?argh.......
n i somehow say it's symbolise our future like how we improve n tech. stuff?

i actually laugh at what i've wrote after da exam. it's like..sound too stupid to be read.

n young writer story..i wonder r we suppose to write it to be simple so young ppl can read?hmm..no idea....

hk31

HSC
well...i did the wedding one and the bride died in mine.....
:(
i seriously hope the markers won't think i'm a psycho....i was only hoping to add a twist at the end...
grrrr....

Cuties

I don't know what to think now... Most of you were pretty happy with it but I hated it. I don't think it was clear enough on what they wanted you to write about whether it was about how a picture shows change or just a made up story with one of the pictures as a basis....
Well I chose the second one and just wrote an airy story on this couple getting married (so not original!) and well.... I just don't know now
But at least its over....

onemoreyear

NO ONE could have been as DUMB AS ME

I thought it was a picture of clouds above a wheat field, not a bloody bushfire. and guess what i wrote about......some farmer wishing those clouds would bring rain (well, a bit more than that, but anyway)

Does anyone know whether or not my interpretation of the picture will be shut down or do they just go along with whatever I saw?

lost shorti

HSC
N/A
did anyone choose the pic of the plane? i think my idea was kinda original but i only wrote 5 pages (dont be mislead...in fat writing) so i think that'll screw it a bit...but to hall with it...
one down and only four to go...

heads up to everyone else...there are other subjectst to conquer...so GOOD LUCK

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
well i thought i'd be different and choose the wedding
* spinefex ---

um yeah i chose the wedding photo.
story is from fathers point of view as he sits in his bedroom looking through a photo album of his daughter. as he looks at each photo he recalls the memories and comments on how she has changed and matured into who she is now. each photo is from a different time in her life. going from her birth, to her first step, to her first toy (lame), to her first day at school, to her nearly dying in hospital due to a fever, to her last day at high school, to her first job, to her first love. and now to her marriage.
at the end he gets up and walks through the doors out into the world just before he has to walk his daughter down the aisle, and he mentions something about pictures, in a way, being a canvas on which we paint out own future, and from now on, his daughter is able to 'paint her own canvas'
i also made an attempt to hav a extended metaphor going through the whole story but i started of good, forgot all about it in the middle and brought it back at the end... it was basically a 'rose in a garden of weeds' metaphor
anyways good luck everyone

Last edited:

Left-ism

HSC
Originally posted by karnevil
OMGGGGGG this was seriously the best question ever. I had a story pre-written, and when I saw this question, I nearly jumped out of my seat :D:D:D:D

I wrote my story word for word. Coming home now and reading it, I can't find anything that I left out or jumbled up....

Whether or not you guys think my story's good is a separate issue..... but considering the exam's over I'll post it here and you guys can tell me what you think :)

Terapais canvas was his only retreat from the outside world he was safe inside his dreamland, cut off from the evil spirits which endlessly tortured him in his daily life. From the moment Terapai locked his door he was happy an overwhelmingly warm and loving feeling of safety swept over him; a glowing-white aura that brought infinite peace to his soul. Everything changed when he was in his fantasy land.

His door was no longer battered and old with a dull brass knob now it became over one hundred feet tall, carved boldly yet elegantly from the side of a huge oak tree; with a shining, oversized cast iron key that took every last ounce of strength in Terapais tiny frame to turn. This was where Terapai came to create to breathe life into the vivid world of colour and splendour that existed within the soul of his mind. With lovingly delicate strokes of his brush, Terapai would bring to life colours which for most people existed only within their wildest dreams. But this was no dream. It was Terapais world and no one could ever take it from him.

The tree extended countless miles upward into the sky - it kissed the heavens above. Here at dizzying altitudes, it was greeted by majestic creatures of flight with wingspans that stretched far beyond those found on Earth this was a world that adhered only to the limitless boundaries of Terapais imagination; it was his world and he loved every living creature within it. Perhaps this love was born from Terapais unrepressed ability to control every aspect of life within his fantasy dimension nothing would ever change here unless he so wished.

There was a time when nothing could ever have disturbed the serenity of Terapais dreamland. Days were filled with endless blue skies, and in the evening millions of stars graced the picturesque night sky. They stood in formation, like an army of guardians watching over Terapai and his fantasy land protecting him from the evil that lurked beyond the boundaries of this parallel universe.

Days of safety were disappearing now an evil presence was seeping into Terapais world, slowly infecting it from the inside out. Beyond the farthest reaches of this magical land, on the other side of the huge oak gateway, evil was amassing strength preparing to engulf Terapais paradise like thick, paralysing smog. This evil spirit was growing at a frightening rate, breeding feverishly like deadly bacteria. Slowly but surely, Terapais world was beginning to feel the effects of the evil presence. Cracks were appearing in the foundations of his paradise the mammoth oak door was no longer a guardian of his secret world. He was no longer safe.

Vines were encompassing the giant oak door. From all sides of the door they emerged, squeezing through the minute cracks; the ominous black digits of a demonic hand. Slowly and methodically they began to choke the life from Terapais fortress. The giant keyhole where the iron key had once sat so assuredly was now too feeling the vines wrath. They squeezed through the keyhole, falling over each other as they gasped for the sickly sweet air that had given life to so many other creatures within Terapais world.

The vines were robbing the tree of its life-force. The deep, animated brown that had breathed such life into the smooth skin of Terapais tree was now fading; withering into a dull and lifeless grey. There was a sudden chill in the air a shiver emanated from the top of Terapais head and travelled down the length of his spine, spilling out through the soles of his feet and dissipating across the floor. The evil presence had infected more than just his paradise now the long, bony fingers of the vines demonic claws were reaching out, so close to getting their poisonous grip upon Terapais tiny hands.

He knew that they were here to finally take him away; this had been a long time coming. They had come to tear him from the world that he had given life to with so many thousands of delicate and brush strokes the world that was his. Terapai saw his dreamland falling to pieces around him - each colour was gradually robbed of its energy, its radiance, its soul. Each stroke of his brush became so much more painful to complete than the one before it Terapai knew that soon, the evil spirits would clutch him too within their mighty grip, and choke every last ounce of life from his exhausted body.

Terapai was unable to find the strength within him to endure the pain any longer. The last stroke of his brush was smeared, like a bloodied and gruelling final blow, across his canvas, across his dreamland. His brush dropped to the floor with a thud - along with it went his heart, his dreams, his soul. The vines took hold of his frail little body, intertwining and contorting it as they tore him from his fantasy world, back through the giant oak door - back to the harsh reality from which he had hidden for so long.

Terapai found himself on his back, staring at the four corners of his bedroom ceiling. These four joins in the plaster were the four corners of what had now become his prison cell. They represented everything he hated about the real world the confinement, the restrictions that this motor neuron disease had forsaken him with.

Far off, Terapai could hear his world calling; pleading with him to return. It needed Terapai as much as he needed it. But it was all gone now; the dreamland was beyond his reach.

This is obviously meant to make u feel better and evry1 worse...
but..u ought to get 15 though....considering they mark it at standard level.
In fact...its pretty easy to get decent marks on the standard paper. I spent 10 minutes on the story in the trial wrote 2 pages and got 11/15.
This time i wrote like 6 pages..pretty happy...although its kinda pointless putting no of pages cos evry1s got different sized writing.

ratherbesleepin

omg i'm glad there were other people that thought that it was storm clouds rather than a bushfire - i was starting to get a bit worried

If i'd known it was a bushfire i could have written a heaps better story. Oh well i'll have to settle for my lame 4 page one about the storm instead.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I chose the wedding pic and I just let my hand flow...I had no idea what I was writing, I think it was about some chick whose parents had divorced and yada yada yada. I didn't write alot, I wanted to concentrate on my essay, coz I fucked that up in trials.

cadsy48

i had a story about WW1 prepared, about a soldiers experience wanting to go to war when he was young and then after experiencing it being ocmpletely changed on the matter....i fucken freaked when i saw ther bushfire pic because i could use it!..but yeah that was good...section 1??? dont fucken speak to me i hated it...

and how did i actually use the bushfire picture in my story??. heheh pulled the shit OUTTA MY ASS! ...."now every time i close my eyes all I see are the burning fields of France"......damn english does weird things to you

Last edited:

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
hay did anyone talk about the fone? or know if we were meant to include the fone in the response? i think its abit ambiguous
just reading the telegraph today kinda says we were supposed to write about the fone?

cadsy48

very ambiguous...i asked my tutor she said you didnt have to mention the phone at all...

Roors

HSC
onemoreyear and ratherbesleepin

i did the same as u guys. but i suppose its the way u interpret the picture. its not clear enough to say whether its wrong or right, and its not about the picture...its about how u use it....so i'm hoping we'll be right hehe

cadsy48

how could you NOT know it was a bushfire??? you can clearly see the flames!

s2ophie

HSC
hanging out the washing today, the creative piece hit me like a piece of lead. when i had opened the paper and realised that neither of my two prepared stories fitted the pictures, i made up a heap of crap from the point of view of a koala that loses his home to fire. But today i realised i could have used the wedding photo as a picture in a photo albumn to prompt the persona to think about what my story is about !!!!

So everyone repeat after me:

Sophie you are an absolute idiot who deserves to become a koala and have your home destroyed by fire.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by cadsy48
how could you NOT know it was a bushfire??? you can clearly see the flames!
Ummm... you can? I've got the pic right next to me and I can't see any flames. The only reason I can tell it's a fire is because the smoke is coming from the field.

bjMaxx

Originally posted by s2ophie
So everyone repeat after me:

Sophie you are an absolute idiot who deserves to become a koala and have your home destroyed by fire.
eh, i fucked mine up too.
i was wondering, what happens to everyone who posts here after the exams?
and i figured, a msg board set up for after the hsc is a good idea - so if u like, feel free to join http://coreysnightclub.proboards24.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)