Official Question 3 Thread - Change Response (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
It'd be great to hear your thoughts on this crucial part of the exam!

Were you happy with the text type?

How did this question compare to ones from previous years?

Was it a fair question for all three areas of change?

Any criticisms or aspects you liked?

How do you think you went? :)

Bolkonski

Brother Angry Dave
HSC
I know this is pretty maticulous and pedantic but, the question was about a collection of works in a book yeah, so what if one of your owns texts was a film?. Will they disregard a film you talk about?
I managed to get 2 of my own in, and the other one was an actual text, e.g. written form, so its shouldnt matter than much.. just wondering.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
we had to write a speech for a book launch and it was a really generic question about the representations of change.

psycho_mushy

HSC
Question 3 was not at all that bad....

for my part, I ran out of time for it...

I did my best to expliain everything I could... but I found I spent a tad too long on the prescribed text, much ado about nothing, and then I found myself rushing to to BOS stimulus thing... I was bascially all over the place for BOS and I just crammed in quotes and mentioned stuff which I admit didn't quite made sense. I did Sky-High and really I just said that it was a journey and change from childhood to adulthood and added stuff and techniques such as metaphors and personification.... yeah I basically rushed through that... wehn I read over it I knew it and I was like "well.. can't do much now, need to go on"

for my prescribes text I wrote like hell.... I wrote a short one paragraph and shoved in a quote and mentioned that it was written in a colloquial semi-formal manner... I knew I fucked that one as well becuase as I said... I ran out of time... it was just plain ol' well dumb hehehee...

so overall, I was pretty happy with the question it wasn't bad... the only bad part and I found out alot of my other friends as well was that alot just ran out of time...

anyway... looks like I'm crusing at around 10/15 compared to the 15/15 I got for my trials :(

Dumbarse

Wasn't to bad section one was the hardest with the poem. Section two you could have adapted a prepared creative writing story into one of the pictures some how. Section three was just purely remembering a prepared essay and adapting it into a speech.

What is everyone elses thoughts?

tempco

HSC
I liked the question.. plain and simple.. managed to fill the booklet (with relevant information), so I'm happy with it :D

tekster

HSC
N/A
I thought the question was pretty straight forward.. Managed to do 11 pages (only because I compromised section 2) :(

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Since one of my texts was a film, I said it came with the book as an additional DVD lol.

I thought that the question was pretty fair and open ended... it would have been simple to adapt a pre-prepped essay to the question.

anastabation

"explain and asses the ways in which change is represented in the texts included in this collection"

I think i answered the question quite well, and wrote about 10 pages on it. I am glad I only choose to talk about 1 of my choosen texts, It was a smart move because I deffinately would have ran out of time if I tryed to do 2. I got 12/15 in the trial and I know i wrote a HEAPS better response this time around.

bMaN oNe

HSC
I'm really disapointed. with 15 mins to go, I was still in the middle of talking about my set text, looking for alibrandi. In the end i didn't finish, missed out on talking about one more of my own related material (but i spose the question did say atleast ONE text of your own choosing, but 2 would heve been better) and i didn't get to do a conclusion. Besides that though, it was ok. I suppose :( Hopefully my story in section II will make up for it :(

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
It'd be great to hear your thoughts on this crucial part of the exam!

Were you happy with the text type?

How did this question compare to ones from previous years?

Was it a fair question for all three areas of change?

Any criticisms or aspects you liked?

How do you think you went? :)
Like the first responder of this thread has said, the question was kinda bad coz I am doing a film as well!

in general, i am most confidant with question three. I guess it's because it's something that I can study. I don't know :( let's just keep our fingers' cross

Leap

free falling
HSC
I was really happy with it, I found it easy to incorporate the features of a speech into my response and I was glad we only had to do one related text because I just barely had enough time as it was.

psycho_mushy

HSC
don't u hate it when u have to skim read and you miss out that "at least" thing.... you only realise when there's only 5 fucking mins left of the exam

QUEEN E

Pretty stock question

Took me way way way too much time

Ended up writing 3 booklets on it (7 in total) yes my hand is now very sore

Sucked cos i had a film but i just forgot about the whole book ting

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Shit...I wrote about my film forgetting it was supposed to be in a book. Oh well, that's the only major problem I had. I did this section first, and filled up like 5 pages (although I have small writing)

Pretty generic question though. I was happy with it

keepin_sanity

Originally posted by Leap
I was really happy with it, I found it easy to incorporate the features of a speech into my response and I was glad we only had to do one related text because I just barely had enough time as it was.
I was really happy with the question as well!!! No nasty suprises...pretty easily adapted my essay to speech form...ALTHOUGH I did only use one related text. I had two prepared but I went overtime only using one so...
Ended up writing nine pages though...I tried to make my naturally small writing bigger so as to take up more room (maha) but it just didnt work. It's all good though!!!

I just hope we dont get any shockers on Wednesday!!!

frenchy

I did this part of the exam 1st and spent an hour on it, Im happy because i wrote 8 3/4 pages, haha my first time past 6.
I thought it was a good question,glad they chose to do a speech i was expecting something much harder or at least i thought they would word the question hard, but yeh it was a good question.
I did only one additional text though, i didnt have time to do another. I think i probably blabbed on a bit so, i hope most of it was relevant. I think i probably got 11/15

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)