Official Summer Siesta 2007/8 Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

veridis

droog
HSC
i'm trying to weigh it up, losing neb is bad, having yet another reason to punch iemma in the face is good

HSC
Usually I'd be 'OOOH STATIONERY, PRETTY COLOURS!! ^_^', but this year it's just, meh.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
*raises hand for wisdom teeth removal*

Getting all 4 out in 2 weeks :|

HSC
lol I had my wisdom teeth out 4 months ago. It wasn't as painful as everybody says it is. Maybe I was lucky though....

The best part is the food. Lots of soup, ice cream, mashed potato and custard :)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I haven't heard anything about wisdom teeth from my dentist yet. I didn't lose all my baby teeth til I was 14ish so I'm not expecting them anytime soon.

Maybe I'll get braces at the same time that I get them pulled. Hmm. My dentist says he can do it so I only have them for a year.

Have fun. Get some free toothbrushes.

thenothing

no member
HSC
I had mine out a couple of years ago. It was bloody awful. My tongue swelled up and I couldn't clench my teeth because my tongue was in the way. And I was talking funny, and the friend I was living with started talking like me. She didn't mean to but I felt like she was mocking me.

The only thing I've been through that was worse was when I scratched my eyeball on my 18th birthday. That really sucked.

HSC
I haven't had my wisdom teeth pulled out, but I heard it's really, really painful. Probably comes second to childbirth. :p:rofl:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i accidentally slapped my friend in the jaw like 2 days after she got her wisdom teeth out. i don't think she ever quite forgave me for it.

don't die, now, neb. :)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Iheartpaulfrank said:
I haven't had my wisdom teeth pulled out, but I heard it's really, really painful. Probably comes second to childbirth. :p:rofl:
You've had a child

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Shuttup! Shuttup! :(

If you live, at O-week I'll bring you some cupcakes or candy or something as a reward.

So live, mkay?

bustinjustin

HSC
Triangulum said:
Thanks ujuphleg! I'll avoid IRA, then. Now to choose between dilemmas of development and reform/revolution/post-communism, but I'll leave that until enrolment variations come up.

Only a few days until transfer offers are released, and I'm totally not going to get into law. Is anyone else trying to transfer? (Other than Malfoy. Traitor.)
Oh if you are even remotely interested in Southeast Asia &/or learning about what happened during the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis you must do southeast asia dilemmas of development - you'll learn heaps that'll be incredibly useful to know. This is actually one of the units from the former Economic History department recast as a GOVT, but it's definitely more 'history' than 'economic'. The assessments are weighted almost equally too, so if you stuff one up you're end-of-semester mark doesn't go to shit. And once you get past her steely exterior, Lily Rahim's great too.

I've attached the UoS for you too.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
bustinjustin said:
Oh if you are even remotely interested in Southeast Asia &/or learning about what happened during the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis you must do southeast asia dilemmas of development - you'll learn heaps that'll be incredibly useful to know. This is actually one of the units from the former Economic History department recast as a GOVT, but it's definitely more 'history' than 'economic'. The assessments are weighted almost equally too, so if you stuff one up you're end-of-semester mark doesn't go to shit. And once you get past her steely exterior, Lily Rahim's great too.

I've attached the UoS for you too.
Awesome, thanks a lot. In an ideal world I'd do both dilemmas of development and reform/revolution, but unfortunately I can't because I have to do GOVT2991 for honours, and I can't fit 3 GOVTs into first semester. I might wait until semester starts and I find out what's involved in reform/revolution before I decide.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Silver Persian said:
lol I had my wisdom teeth out 4 months ago. It wasn't as painful as everybody says it is.
Liar. Stock up on the codeine friends. You're gonna need it. My lower jaw was numb for about 12 hours so it was fine then, but now it's all gone and I have a sore throat, I can't talk, I can feel the stitches, it's bleeding every now and then and it's highly painful and unpleasant. And no I am not a whiny bitch. :(

scarybunny said:
at O-week I'll bring you some cupcakes or candy or something as a reward.
lol. i hope i can eat candy by then.

I got my credit form back today, but they left out a subject that I'm very sure I had on the form. Grrr. This means I have to go in and yell at them. :mad:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
GOT MA ACCESS CARD

im gonna get me some savings

veridis

droog
HSC
they always stuff up credit forms, dont know why they even bother. nobody really cares what subject's you've officially done anyway, so much paperwork that everyone seems to just ignore if you go talk in person about things.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
yeah apparently the thing was that eduf1019 is now equal to biol1003 or some crap like that. meh, that works out better because this way i have to do one subject less of science, and one subject more of arts. note: arts = easier than science. :D

Also, for those following my medical miracle, it turns out I now have an infected "uvula" (dangling thing on the back of the throat) which is about 3 times its normal size, and now I'm on antibiotics and mouthwash. Dag nabbit, I haven't taken antibiotics since I was an infant! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)