Official 'Wall of Shame' Thread. (1 Viewer)

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i've never had a problem with veet ready to use wax strips or savvy lipgloss (even though i got it for free after filling out a survey at hoyts =P )

but i have this napoleon perdis mascara which went all clumpy after only a month or so so i didn't get to use it very much.

and this maybelline wet shine nail polish i bought actually turned solid after several weeks and could no longer be used (but i think i just had bad luck buying a faulty one cos i have other wet shines and they are still fine)

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - FAIL

Ok, so revlon products are not my friend atm. My friend bought it for me in Volcanic Red, awsome colour, but it just fades soooo quickly like within 20 mins its very light pink near the middleof my lip and kindof bleeding round the edges (lip liner didnt help as once this lippy started to fade the effect was rather whorish)

Also

Clinique All About Eyes Concealer - blurgh.

It's too thick to use under eyes, to thin to use on blemishes, creases, the colours are fair shit, has no lasting ability.
I only bought it becuase I usually buy Clinque Superfit Foundation (it's ace!) and they had a pack which I would get if I could spend another 30 bucks. So i bought that crap (the pack made up for it)

Le Tan Dark Bronze Tanning Mousse - orange.

Ok, so someone raved about it on vogue forums... don't know what the hell they were on about. I did a test patch and NOTHING happened. So the next day I put 2 coats went to bed, came out orange tinged. So I had a shower, exfoliated to all hell trying to fix it, then got orange streaks AAALLLLL over my white towel. It's a cheap cheap product.

stuff from infomercals:

Ok, So I'm a sucker for infomercials. I never learn.

Epil Stop
The whole world should know about how DANGEROUS this poduct is... luckily I don't think they make it anymore.
It WILL burn you.

Sheer Cover
Very blah. Creases. Weirdly shimmery. Does last ages though but It's so expensive for what it is.

Pro Active
Do not go near if you have sensitive skin. Otherwise i guess it can be alright. It just made me go red and peel and peel and go red and puffy and peel some more.

heheh.. and breathe...

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Ingoesout said:
Sheer Cover
Very blah. Creases. Weirdly shimmery. Does last ages though but It's so expensive for what it is.
My flatmate bought this and I used it and LOVED it! I ordered some from the website and it's coming soon.

EDIT:
Actually she has Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup, which might be different, and that's what I ordered. It is so awesome.

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
AlleyCat said:
My flatmate bought this and I used it and LOVED it! I ordered some from the website and it's coming soon.

EDIT:
Actually she has Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup, which might be different, and that's what I ordered. It is so awesome.
Oh man yes!! Bare Escentuals is so awsome!! Did you get the free sample to test the colour??

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
edit: damn, I just realised yo said 'so awsome' to describe it... then i used 'so awsome' to describe it... making me sound ike a parrot but it reall is the best way to describe it. Meh.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
No, i just ordered the light colour as the one my flatmate bought was the right colour for me. The pack comes with all the brushes, the blusher and the setting powder, and it's only $60US, for all that.
I'm happy, can't wait til it comes.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
NEVER PUT HAIR REMOVAL CREAM ON YOUR BALLS. IT'S NOT WORTH THE SEXINESS OBTAINED.

KirrynAlane

HSC
Riet said:
NEVER PUT HAIR REMOVAL CREAM ON YOUR BALLS. IT'S NOT WORTH THE SEXINESS OBTAINED.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. awwww. why did you do that? :eek:

I have to say Estee Lauder foundation isnt that great. $45 and it only lasts about 2 hours n then jst like melts off ur face... bleh.

Natio eyeliner. yuck. It also melts everywhere.

Nutrimetics Apricot Body Dew smells like vomit and leaves you feeling greasy. Dont go there.

Cetaphil is the most awesome product ever! It cleans ur face n gets rid of makeup n u can use it as soap to shave ur legs. tis great :)

I would recommend St Ives Whipped Silk moisturizer. Smells yum n works!

And also Body Shop Coconut Shower Cream. leaves u smelling great. yummmm.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
pantene pro v shampoo or whatever the hell it's called: argh worst shampoo i have ever encountered in my life, ever. It was supposed to do all this repairing shiny glossy smoothness stuff, but it was absolute bullshit, made my hair frizz heaps, made it dull and lose the gold shinyness it had BEFORE i started using it, and it felt funny when i went to brush my hair later, like it had left residue in there or something even though i had rinsed my hair 3 times. aaaaaaaah. stay away.

V05 is the best shampoo ever though imo.

also the loreal purezone range. i used it for about 4 months in year 11 and i swear, i could i have just put soap on sandpaper and rubbed it on my face and gotten the same result. it did nothing for the pimples i was getting and it actually cleared up a lot after i stopped using it, so something was funny there.

HSC
N/A
pantene pro v made my hair REALLY thick. After a while you could almost see the rubber coating on it. Eww. It also just didn't really feel all that healthy.

Skeeta

HSC
Ingoesout said:
Oh man yes!! Bare Escentuals is so awsome!! Did you get the free sample to test the colour??
I have heard awesome things about htis makeup. But I dont know what colour I am. I'm assuming I'm light. But how does one go about getting samples?

I've looked at their websites etc but cannot seeeeeeeeee anywhere :(:(:(

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
there are some salons around sydney that sell the products, and you should probably go in and ask them to match the product to your skin tone.

BUT THEN you should order the starter pack online cos it comes with the brushes and is much better value, even if it is in US dollars.

I'll have a look for stockists...

shortie_689

HSC
Rimmel Bronzer, HOPELESS!!! The colour goes onto my brush then towards my face AND poof its gone and nothing has happened!!!
HOPELESS and Clearasil gives me pimples oh the irony!!!

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Model Co. Lash Extend Mascara.

Ohmygod it's awful. Firstly, when I used it for the first time (Packet was sealed and all, so no- no one had used it before) there was hardly ANYTHING in the freaking tube, and secondly- it didn't do much but totally clump up my eyelashes. To extend the eyelash it has those little fibres, and they fell off during the day- got into my eye and ouchies. xD Well, as anyone would know- Mascara in your eye. Painfull.
It's also REALLY hard to remove. It took me a whole load of cetaphill to get that stuff off!

*Minka*

HSC
AlleyCat said:
Rimmel mascara, the one with the comb.
It is the worst mascara I have ever used. I got it on sale for $5 the other day and used it instead of my Lancome flexicils mascara (which I am trying to conserve...)

My painstakingly surled eyelashes were straightened out into thick, stiff spikes, and it took ages to dry, by which time I had smudged it onto my brow bone.

I doesn't stay, and started running onto my lower lash/cheek after less than 40 minutes, I eventually had to go to the bathroom to take it off. It looked like I had been crying profusely.

Worst mascara ever.

PS I agree with UIC on that shit as all hell self-wax stuff...It's still in my bathtub, 6 months later!
Total Agreement - Worst Mascara Ever.

My eyelashes became four stiff spikes with the lashes practically glued to gether - takes forever to get off and when I blinked, it would end up above and below my eye. The comb mascara is HORRIBLE.

I don't mine some of Rimmel's other products though - I love the Cool Matte Mouse. It just goes really well with my skin - coverage, but doesn't look painted on either.

shortie_689

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Pantene Pro V made my hair fall out
Me to, BIG TIME.
Not just the regular small amounts of dead hair that brush out Pantene I was finding my hair everywhere.
I love Tresemme and Heads and Shoulders I use both and mix between them so I don't get a build up of Silicone, hair dressers always get ansy about that where I go.

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
Clearasil Ultra is so full of it, "three days to clear pimples", bloody lies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)