Official Xbox 360 Thread (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Effective today (02/07/08) Microsoft has offically dropped the price on all XBOX 360 consoles. Below is a list of the HOT new prices:

* 20GB Console - $499
* Elite Console - $649 with 3 FREE games (Gears of War + Halo 3 + Saints Row)
* Arcade Console - $344
* Halo Console - $449

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
hey stas how much did the tv cost you? because im thinking of going either a 42" or 50" samsung plasma for my room.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
looking good stas.

craig, check your pm's. in all honesty though, 42" is a bit massive for a bedroom. i'd probably go with 32", 40" absolute max

stazi

Nightman
HSC
icraig88 said:
hey stas how much did the tv cost you? because im thinking of going either a 42" or 50" samsung plasma for my room.
got it for $2k. 42" or 50" is insanely big for your room. You won't get as good an image, unless your room is huge (optimal viewing distance). Also, do you watch most of your TV and play games with the lights on or off?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
$278 is bargain. Can those arcade xbox's fit a hard drive inside ?

Because a 20gb hard drive is only like $80 at Big W aswell

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
you can indeed clip a hard drive on. the only thing you'll be missing are the hd component cable which is no problem if you haven't got a hd tv, or do have one and plan to hook it up thru hdmi

stazi

Nightman
HSC
just make sure the arcade console youre getting has hdmi. eb games' arcade models are apparently refurbished non-hdmi ones. but then again, eb games are dodgy fucks

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
stazi said:
got it for $2k. 42" or 50" is insanely big for your room. You won't get as good an image, unless your room is huge (optimal viewing distance). Also, do you watch most of your TV and play games with the lights on or off?
i watch tv with the lights off. i can lie in my bed and play the xbox directly infront of me on the opposite wall. gives about 12 feet of viewing distance.

edit: i haven't bought a 360 yet. still haven't decided on whether to get the ps3 or the 360. i used to have an xbox back in the days but now i have nothing. have seen a few pros and cons of each but still need help on a decision. if i choose the 360 which pack would you recommend? with the arcade pack you opted to purchase another hdd, is it an easy install?

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah you may as well go plasma if you want to watch with the lights off, although do consider the 40" sammy lcd (you'll also get a free blu-ray player)

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
does the free blu-ray player come with the 40" anywhere you go to buy it?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
What do you xboxers think about the new PS3 system update which gives us ingame messaging and custom soundtracks.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
blakegman said:
What do you xboxers think about the new PS3 system update which gives us ingame messaging and custom soundtracks.
"copycats"

nah, i think it's a great addition (don't forget that it adds tropies, aka achievements).

although, im equally excited about the prospect of the new 3D minority report-like dashboard for the 360.

icraig88 said:
does the free blu-ray player come with the 40" anywhere you go to buy it?
https://samsung.campaign.net.au/FoxtelOrBluray/

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
cheers for that. the offer probably wouldnt exist at a place like 2nds world would it?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
yeah but achievements are ghey i don't see the point of them.

Are they just to show of your gaming e-peen (e.g I have 10000000 trophies call me master chief hharharhar) or do they serve a purpose.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lolz when you start playing with trophies you'll understand. it's basic psychology: give people more fun tasks to complete in a game, and they'll be addicted enough to complete them. yes e-penis measurements cum into it, but that's why people generally love systems like 'rep' on message boards, and getting their e-gos stroked.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Spose i can see the appeal but im not really one to play games more then once unless i haven't played in a while or they are really good. I would never play a game on te hardest dificulty and complete a level with 100% accuracy or whatever you do for these trophy things just for the sake of an extra jpeg image attached to my account.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
is it worth paying the extra for the elite pack or just get the arcade pack and buy the extra hdd which is on clearance anyways?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)