• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Official Xbox 360 Thread (1 Viewer)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
stazi said:
using the search function.

oh and fuck yes! banjo kazooie is being remade for xbox live arcade. it'll be the full n64 game with upgraded visuals and physics
maybe now they can release that goldeneye game that was halfway through development on xbla

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
I saw the banjo kazzooie nuts and bolts video. Looks ok. As long as the main aim is to get the jiggies i'm happy - the 'designing your vehicle' idea looks good, but I hope they don't overdo it (or if they do, hopefully it works well). If they do this right i'll forgive them for their latest disappointments.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
how many of u fuckers still play halo.
b0wmanation is my xbox live ID.
play me...
im average

stazi

Nightman
HSC
how good does that banjo kazooie deal sound.

apparently it's going to have a $69(lol).95 RRP here, and cum with a code to download the original remake

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Joystiq said:
Finally. After molesting countless thumbs and ruining everybody's Pac-Man CE scores, the Xbox 360 controller's dismal d-pad looks to be replaced by, well, a functional d-pad. IGN's Martin Robinson claims to have played with a redesigned controller at Leipzig's Games Convention, describing it as "aesthetically identical" to the original, with "the d-pad sitting in a larger rocker and proving more tactile." The new controller is expected to debut alongside Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 and is thought to have been prompted by the upcoming release of Street Fighter IV.

Good riddance, you worthless, clacking agent of spongy misdirection. Oh, and tell The Duke we said "Hi."
bout fucking time, seriously.

the d-pad's been broken since the original xbox. they ought to keep each button seperate, much like the ps3 controller

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
Hi all, hi stas,

I recently replaced my ever reliable NTSC unit with a pro PAL pack for various reasons.

Anyway I've only had the console for a few months, and *bang* last week I got the dreaded 3 RROD. I was a little annoyed considering how little hours I've clocked on that machine (as opposed to my ntsc unit) and how soon after purchasing the 360 it failed. I couldn't find the receipt so i have to go through MS to have my 360 replaced. The customer support person i talked to was actually pretty nice =] I have to send my console back to Microsoft which I plan to do on Monday, and there's a "four to five week turnaround" which isn't that bad.

Irony is that my jap console which I've had for a while and have been pretty wreckless with (playing hours and hours on end) is still as reliable as ever, whilst my PAL unit which i havn't really had the time to play this year + I was really careful not to play for too long/too often - died.

So intercooler's as a way of preventing RROD, anyone use them? Worth the investment of time/money finding one? Recommendations?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
4-5 week turnaround sounds insane! when i sent it in, i got it back within a week and a half.

The intercooler can lead to a lot more problems as they draw extra power, and can sometimes burn out leading to permanent damage that MS won't cover against.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
4-5 week turnaround sounds insane! when i sent it in, i got it back within a week and a half.
Damn, so many faulty consoles - seems like gross negligence on the behalf of the MS engineers, or the design company they employed..

stazi said:
The intercooler can lead to a lot more problems as they draw extra power, and can sometimes burn out leading to permanent damage that MS won't cover against.
Hmm, there are some coolers out there that have there own DC input, thus eliminating the extra power problem ..right?

Oh and will MS repair the consoles for an unlimited number of times within the 3 year warranty period? Glancing through articles on the net, people have reported having their consoles fixed two or three times (before giving up and moving to another console)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
braid is fantastic. for those of you who really like portal you will love it

don't worry too much about the intercoolers, for the reasons stas mentioned they're more trouble than they're worth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)