• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Official Xbox 360 Thread (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yep, unless you use rechargeable batteries. the play and charge kit charges your controller via usb, and includes a rechargable battery. which means you never have to stop gaming. i have that one too

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Ahh alright, cool

Well I'm looking for a sturdy controller for my PC, and seeing as I'm looking to get a 360 in the near future this seems like the natural thing to do. Besides the clunky d-pad the 360 controller is probably the best conventional controller I've ever played with.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you should get the black controller. you know what they say about black people...

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
what is it that they say about black people, stas?

The premium console just dropped $50USD in price in the States, here's to hoping it drops over here too

Supermodified

HSC
Stas, I played Bioshock and Stranglehold. Bioshock is fucking awesome, 'nuff said, while Stranglehold is extremely fun. I'll definitely be picking up Bioshock on release.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
MS Press Conference said:
To mark the beginning of spring [note x-s: in Australia spring starts in September], Microsoft is proud to announce the arrival of a new console in the Xbox 360 family. Launching on 30 August for a recommended retail price of $729.95, the sleek black Xbox 360 Elite video game and entertainment system comes with a 120 GB hard drive, a high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) port, a HDMI cable, a black wireless controller, and an Xbox LIVE headset.

Initially available in limited quantities, the Xbox 360 Elite joins the Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Core consoles to offer consumers three choices this spring. The Elite console complements the existing Xbox 360 hardware portfolio to fully cater for a wide range of consumer wants and budgets.

To complement the sleek black finish of the Xbox 360 Elite, additional Xbox 360 Elite accessories, such as the black Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, Xbox 360 Play & Charge kit and the Xbox 360 rechargeable battery, are sold separately.
Source

stazi

Nightman
HSC
haha mine cost that much imported including shipping. and yay biocock next week!

Supermodified

HSC
Can anyone recommend some good XBLA games? The games I have are Assault Heroes, Marble Blast Ultra, Aegis Wing (lol free), Small Arms, Geometry Wars Retro Evolved and Hexic HD (lol free). I really wanted MK3U, but I heard it was full of bugs that made it nearly unplayable.

Supermodified

HSC
Also, don't know if this is real or not (I'm tending to lean towards fake because of the XviD support), but here's a 'leaked' list of what's in the Autumn Update (Spring for us):

* Compatibility with third-party wireless controllers
* Compatibility with messenger pad
* Xbox Live Vision firmware upgrade, sharper image filtering
* Many more Vision Cam settings
* New screensaver settings - when away from Xbox 360, screensaver will play for optional time, before screen goes dark
* New Xbox Live Arcade blade - where you can download, play and learn about Xbox Live Arcade
* Brand new "web based adver-games" flash games which aren't downloaded, but are playable bite sized games, accessed via new Xbox Live Arcade Blade
* New Screensaver option in Themes and Gamer Pics option in Marketplace Blade
* New functionality with Messenger, works with chatpad
* New XNA Game Launcher for those that have the program, new options
* New language, time and date settings
* New "advertising opportunities" in gameplay
* Xvid support
* New "favourites" option via Xbox Live Arcade, can rate according to preference
* IPTV Functionality - support for TiVo like PVR options. Will be able to record TV direct. Options include source by channel, director, actor and distributor
* Filter friends list, will be able to filter friends via games
* New clan support - will be able to launch clan games direct from dashboard, can "fold" friends into new clan category in friends list
* Better translations in settings and other options for Japanese,
* German and Spanish languages
* New quick option to delete via X Button in memory viewer.
* Option for having downloadable In-game content not inform when completed download
* Option for having video content not inform when completed download
* Faster settings for viewing unfinished video content downloads
* New option in Games tab - beta and others, will be launcher for MMO and multiplayer betas
* New option in Marketplace Games tab, search by letter, can be inputted via text pad or console
* Smarter game settings - you can be messaged via publishers about new in-game content for your games
* Picture in picture functionality for DVD Drive and some other updated settings
* Improved USB Keyboard settings
* Improved voice chat settings in game and from dashboard
* Faster response times to Redeem Code settings
* Option to play a Redeemed Code game straight after redeeming code
* Console will now recognise low Hard Drive space, will inform you immediately if can't download current item, will automatically download next available that is able.
* Increased space size for gamerpics and dashboard themes
* Themes can now be animated
* Themes may now have sound effects
* Better slideshow capabilities, new options added. New sound effects and integration with Hard Drive/ PC music capable
* New estimated timer for downloads, informing how long download will expect to takes.

Supermodified

HSC
Stas, did you get your stuff for the Demo Party? The games I got were Viva Pinata, Tenchu Z and Gears of War. Seeing as I already have GoW and the other two games aren't really party games, and the fact that Tenchu Z is supposedly a shit game, I'm kind of disappointed. I suppose I can't really complain, seeing as they're free*, but I was under the impression that they were going to send games that would help show how awesome the 360 is. Although I'm looking forward to spending some time with Viva Pinata.

Do you know if we get to keep the games, or do we have to send them back?

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
havent got them yet - he's coming around tonight, apparently. Hahaha those are strange games to give out. Viva Pinata is fantastic, though. Tenchu is the only game I don't have. I guess we get to keep them

Supermodified

HSC
Yeah, I played Viva Pinata today. It's extremely addictive. Excuse me while I go turn hard ground into soil.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Haha wait till you start looking up the pinata wiki on how to attract different species, cross-breed them, etc.

Furthermore, I got: Viva Pinata, GoW and Forza 2

Supermodified

HSC
Forza 2. You are one lucky guy. Oh, has the PS3 shipped? And did you get any games with it?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
didnt get any gaymes. and the ps3 is in my room now. took 2 days to arrive after shipping on mongay :D

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
stazi said:
didnt get any gaymes. and the ps3 is in my room now. took 2 days to arrive after shipping on mongay :D
Wow you got it? for 90 bucks? How? One of those "free" shit sites?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nope will make thread on it tomorrow, maybe. was a mistake by play-gaysia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)