Official Xbox 360 Thread (1 Viewer)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
those hacks at eb parra have broken the street date for dead space, real incognito though (they won't put it on shelves). just in case you can't wait one more day. i oughtta report them

poWerdrY

HSC
i saw at EB today xbox 360 60gb selling for 499 with 4 games (the usual holiday package ie kung fu panda and lego indiana jones, and also saints row 1 and some racing game). should i get it, or are there other better deals around? or should i get a 20gb for 399 and upgrade the hardrive (how much is a 60gb and 120 gb hardrive anyways)?

stazi said:
email s.madorski[at]gmail.com with:
1) Pic/scan of purchase receipt
2) Pic of you holding the 360 box (bonus points for funny pics)
3) Postal address
4) Choice from the following games:
Gears of War
Dead or Alive 4
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball 2
Arcade Unplugged
Heroes of Might & Magic
Ninja Gaiden 2 (No box/manual)
Project Sylpheed (no box/manual)
Shadowrun (no box/manual)
hey, stazi, you still up for this deal? and if you are, is there a list of newer games?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah deal stilla vailable. Lots of newer games - I'll email you the list after I get an email about it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Has been a grand few weeks of being an Xbox owner hasn't it?

*pats GoW2 box*

Haven't had a chance to strip her down and put her into my big box yet, been out drinking, but tomorrow I shall ravish her before I finish off Dead Space

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm, make that GoW2 on a new 40 inch LCD...fucking expensive month

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Samsung LA40M81BDX 40", got it for $1299 at Domayne today from the big carpark sale thing they've got going.

It's an ex-display model, but with 3 years warranty, I'm not too fussed :)

And damn it looks nice

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nice - make sure u find optimal settings online for this unit. will make it look even better. times infinity

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hehe calibrated using the DTV forums settings when I first booted her up, was a little too bright for my liking and most people seemed to agree.

Pretty impressed with it overall, playing through the older games to finally see them in the higher res.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah brightness/contrast should be done to your own taste and room. i used the halo 3 collector's edition disk to tune it perfectly for those two things

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
So that's Dead Space and GoW2 done, Far Cry II, Fable II and Fallout 3 next week

HSC
N/A
god... why cant they hurry up and release Little Big Planet? that things gonna be the bomb.

poWerdrY

HSC
OMFG!!! another XBOX PRICE CUT!!!! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG

and can you believe apparently it's only in AUS and NZL. that's pretty unusual isnt it?

Microsoft has today announced that it is cutting the price of the Xbox 360 range in the lead up to the busy Christmas season.

All models have seen a significant drop in price. The Arcade model has been reduced $50 from $349, to an impressive $299. The price of the Pro and Elite consoles have both been slashed by $100, with the Pro coming now in at $399, and the Elite at $549.

"Gaming is set to be one of the hottest categories this year. Consoles are a great gift for the whole family. Now that we’re making gaming even more affordable Australians can have more fun for less this holiday," boasted Jeremy Hinton, Xbox Australia and New Zealand marketing bigwig.

"Xbox 360 is the cheapest next-gen console on the market, has the biggest number of next-gen games and it’s the home of Xbox Live, the largest social network on TV."
http://palgn.com.au/article.php?id=13195&sid=bd674517171186e3c8210dbfb284e8b8

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Stazi, are the xbox360 street team still doing the free game deal? If so, can you provide the details and what games are offered free. I'm hoping to get that GAME xbox 360 deal tomorrow. Thanks!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hey mate,

Choose one of the following. Please note that only the games with [cased] next to them come in a box

'AAA'
Gears of War 2*
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Boltz

'AA'
Fable 2
Far Cry 2*

'A'
Fracture
TNA Impact: Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Beijing 2008 Olympics*
Soulcalibur IV*
Too Human
Project Gotham Racing IV
Lost Odyssey
Project Sylpheed
Gears of War [Cased]
Gears of War
Dead or Alive IV
Dead or Alive Extreme: Beach Volleyball 2
Arcade Unplugged

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)