Oflc (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Sent an email to the OFLC regarding the fuck up they made with L4D2.

Got this back.

You make sense of it.

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
"realistic, frenetic and unrelenting violence"

isnt that what the Original Left4Dead also was?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
the fucking cunts!!!

OH HAY IM 19 YEARS OLD BUT I STOPPED PLAYING GAMES WHEN I TURNED 18, BECAUSE GAMES ARE FOR CHILDREN, AND NO ONE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE EVER PLAYS VIDEO GAMES, SO THERE'S NO NEED TO ACCOMODATE FOR THEM!!!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Yup, told them that too.

"Case by Case...Community Standards"

Um, get people who have a clue as to what games SHOULD be rated and how they should be rated.

Also community=18+ year olds.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
exactly.

ages of gamers under 18 range from, say, 5-17 (inclusive), thats 13 DIFFERENT AGE GROUPS.

ages of gamers over 18 range from 18 - WHO KNOWS? 50? 60?

to me, there's almost no difference between watching a movie and playing a game. If we can have R18+ movies, then why not games?

What is their REASON behind not having an R18+ classification rating for games?

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Jay do some research for a change in the rating system to take effect the Attorney-Generals from every state must unanimously vote for the change to take affect. Michael Atkinson is the SA Attorney-General and is stone walling refusing to have the system changed claiming that parents can't control what kids play.

Seriously don't blame the ratings board they can't make the change.

diesel lee

HSC
The madness wont stop. They wont stop 'till we're all playing Viva Pinata. Even then so, it's far too violent. You hitting a colorful pinata..oh God my innocent little baby mind. I LOL'ed and felt some rage after reading "Under 18". What the hell?

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I think there needs to be a R18+ classification. Without it they are pretty much excluding all the gamers 18 and over which would be the majority of us.

HSC
Uni Grad
I think there needs to be a R18+ classification. Without it they are pretty much excluding all the gamers 18 and over which would be the majority of us.
This, the average gamer is what 34 or something, and ill sure as fuck be gaming till I die. Why not have an 18+ restriction classification? It's a fucking game, why do we need such ludicrous restrictions when it is mere entertainment we seek. Not all of us are crazed psychopaths learning how to kill through the use of games, and anyone who is has screws loose anyway and wont prevent a real life crime if they decide they wanna do it. RAWR!

Last edited:
HSC
lol Viva Pinata. I watered the leaf chick heaps and then she confiscated my watering can.

It is surprisingly involved. Nevertheless, I prefer real games.

And yeah, it is ridiculous that L4D2 is RC because our rating system is fucked. I want my gore, goddammit.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
It's not the classification board's fault
Look at the game, of course it deserves an 18+ rating, it's fucking gore-tastic

atkinson

badquinton304

HSC
"reflects current community standards"
WTF?
Most people dont give a shit about violence.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
The Saw series of movies are worse than Left 4 Dead 2, and they release those happily. L4D1 was actually quite tame compared to some games and movies out there.

We need a change of ratings, obviously, but it won't happen without a stand from the gaming community. Petitions could be signed but that never really goes anywhere. We need to figure out a good way of clearly projecting our views in a manner that they WILL take notice.

I mean, I bet most of "The Board" are 50 year olds that have never touched a console controller.

They should really create the R18+ classification and require I.D. be presented while purchasing. That way if a parent buys an R18+ game and their kid is disturbed by it, IT'S THE PARENTS FAULT!!! (Taking away Michael Atkinson's validity in the situation).

Amogh

HSC
N/A
i know this sucks
but
meh
idc as long as there is :pirate:

HSC
Uni Grad
The Saw series of movies are worse than Left 4 Dead 2, and they release those happily. L4D1 was actually quite tame compared to some games and movies out there.

We need a change of ratings, obviously, but it won't happen without a stand from the gaming community. Petitions could be signed but that never really goes anywhere. We need to figure out a good way of clearly projecting our views in a manner that they WILL take notice.

I mean, I bet most of "The Board" are 50 year olds that have never touched a console controller.

They should really create the R18+ classification and require I.D. be presented while purchasing. That way if a parent buys an R18+ game and their kid is disturbed by it, IT'S THE PARENTS FAULT!!! (Taking away Michael Atkinson's validity in the situation).
Everything here sounds right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)