Oh My God Stop Waxing and Shaving Now! (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
epilating has made my leg and underarm hair more sparse and it takes longer to grow back. love it. just remember to exfoliate. i use a silkymit on my legs, it works wonders :)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
kaylz said:
yeah i thought she was all "say no to brazilians"
getting a hair stuck in your hood stings like a mofo.
say yes to brazilians or landing strips

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I got the same one for $100. :)

Yeah epilating is so much more effective than shaving. I've always hated waxing anyway because it's so messy.

501n2u

HSC
i love my epliator lols but then again i still go get my legs and bikini line waxed because it's just so much faster. also the hair on my legs are light and i dont get much so it doesnt bother me =]

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'm thinking about getting one...shaving is just annoying :s...i'm not a fan of wax, too messy. i used to use a depilatory cream and it worked really well but it smelled funny and if you got it in like a cut or a scratch it stung like all hell, and after a couple of weeks i started getting allergic reactions to it for some reason so yeah i stopped. but epilators sound reaaaallly good! and i have a pretty high pain threshold so it should be all good :D

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
and i have a pretty high pain threshold so it should be all good :D
I tested my pain threshold by epilating under my arms. It was one of the most painful experiences of my life, but the results were so worth it that I'd do it again and again and again.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i love my epilator (braun silk-epil eversoft delux). its got the massaging rollers, and 2 settings (high, but moving it slowly is the way to go)...its so awesome!
i got it at wholesale from harvey normans a few months ago, caus my bf works there..so it was only like $60-70

epilating is SO much better than anything else!
- shaving takes too long, and you waste lots of water in the shower (though i'm good enough not to cut myself much at all)...and it just grows back to quickly!
- waxing takes way too long and you always miss bits and/or have residue on your skin
- depilitory creams are scary. i used this veet spray-on mouse stuff once, it was heaps hard to get a THIN cover everywhere, after a couple of mins my skin underneath felt really hot...and i think it stank a bit too

epilation, on the other hand is really quick (<30 mins usually), doesnt hurt much (you get used to it after your first or 2nd go), and the dots go away within a couple of hrs.

BEST INVENTION EVER!!!!

mind you, really old coil-style epilady's suck major balls
and i dont think i'll ever let my epilator near my armpits or bikini area...too much pain!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
can blokes use them
I suppose you could try, but where would you use it?

To the best of my knowledge, guys are shit when it comes to bearing the pain of waxing etc let alone epilating.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
BronteN said:
hey i was thinking of waxing my arms... what do u mean by waxing is "messy"? what's exfoliating? ><

melimoo and scarrybunny, where do u get waxed? i have no idea where to find one and i want to get one soon ...

thanks!
whoa n00b. Waxing is messy because there's often a bit of wax left on your skin, and a good beautician will moisturise the hell out of you, so you go home covered in cream.

Exfoliating involves using a loofah or a scrub, and getting dead skin off you. After hair removal, exfoliating and moisturising will help prevent ingrown hairs. It doesnt matter who waxes you, it's up to you to prevent them. The beautician just removes the hair, they have no effect on how it regrows.

Check the yellow pages for beauticians, so you can find one in your local area.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
scarybunny said:
whoa n00b. Waxing is messy because there's often a bit of wax left on your skin, and a good beautician will moisturise the hell out of you, so you go home covered in cream.

Exfoliating involves using a loofah or a scrub, and getting dead skin off you. After hair removal, exfoliating and moisturising will help prevent ingrown hairs. It doesnt matter who waxes you, it's up to you to prevent them. The beautician just removes the hair, they have no effect on how it regrows.

Check the yellow pages for beauticians, so you can find one in your local area.
what she said

oh and don't wax/shave arms :/
if you have to bleach
spiky regrowth not hot

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
oh god
if yr wanting to wax yr arms because you have dark hair then i would maybe try bleaching first. i've never done either on my arms, but i've seen some pretty nasty hair regrowth on arms
haha

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
I've never shaved my legs in my life. My mother banned me and said I was only ever allowed to wax!

(I shave under my arms though)

Anyways...I've done the epilator thing before, but I am a religious waxer! Because I have been doing it for 5 years now, my hair barely grows back, and if it does it is soooo sparse! It is pretty awesome!

I found that epilating took longer than waxing does, and wasn't as thorough as waxing.

That being said I don't wax myself, so they are able to reach places easier than I can...

xx

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
i shave my chest/stomach area every few weeks or so, but its a pain in the ass cause less than a week later it starts to grow back and is a tiny bit spiky cause of the fact it was shaved with a razor.......so i guess plucking it out, if it would work there, would solve that issue/make it smoother

pretty good with pain although have never tried waxing or given birth to a child haha
Just try plucking a hair from your chest with tweezers and just imagine a four or five of that happening simultaneously.

The biggest thing would probably to make sure you exfoliate or something to avoid ingrowns. I'd imagine ingrowns on a guys chest to be a mega bitch.

I'd say try waxing first and get comfortable with that, then take the step up and tryyyy epilating.

Skeeta

HSC
Ennaybur said:
what about bikini/G/brazillian?
I havent tried an epilator, but i'd imagine it would be hell.

Waxing is the only way to go in this area i believe.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I'd say try waxing first and get comfortable with that, then take the step up and tryyyy epilating.
i'm with ^ on all cases - start small and controlled, then progressively attack larger areas, THEN attack with different methods (shaving -> plucking -> waxing (pro > diy) -> epilating).
when i first got my epilator, my bf & i joked about doing his hair (mainly chest/back) with it. i told him he'd die with waxing in a salon, let alone me doing it with the epilator
girls TOTALLY have higher pain threasholds than guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)