Oh My God Stop Waxing and Shaving Now! (1 Viewer)

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
BronteN said:
what do u reckon the drawbacks/side effects of waxing are? apart from 1) the initial pain of having hairs pulled out, and 2) having to moisturise, exfoliate everyday ? how much should it cost to get waxed at a good place?
Drawback is definitely having to wait for the hair to grow back, although it really is worth it in the end. It takes a month until I am able to wax again, and the hair on most of my legs just doesn't grow back anymore.

I guess the only problem is the expense really.

As for how much it costs, it really depends on where you live and the kinda place you go. I usually get waxed at my local Ella Bache and the price is pretty decent ($50 I think for full leg, around there). Other places are cheaper and others can be quite costly.

A 'good place' is one that friends and family reccomend, and people say that the waxers are good and friendly.

xx

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
OMG I bought an epilater earlier this month too, and it's the best thing ever! It was only $60 from myer and is made for young or sensitive skin.
It hurts to use a tweezer to pluck a hair from my legs, but its less painful to use the epilater (the first time I tried it it I was TERRIFIED). And as the hair grows back, it gets finer and therefor less painful to remove, and also less noticeable. Yay!

kaylz

HSC
i bought one the other day and i could only use it for a bit at a time - then i realised the noise was bothering me, so now i epilate while listening to my ipod:/. does anyone else find that?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Yeah the noise is massively intimidating and annoying I know lol

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i also listen to my ipod while epilating! otherwise i get bored. i use it on my legs & underarms, wax my bikini area.

mike i would say stop shaving because that is BAD & just book an appointment to get yr chest/stomach waxed instead. it will benefit you in the longterm, definitely.

Skeeta

HSC
haha oh god i told my mum on xmas eve that i wanted to buy an epilator, her face DROPPED. I was like oh cool you got me one for xmas thats awesome mum!

*Open presents*
Its an electric lady-shaver, its okay. Pretty smooth, easier than shaving. Regrowth isnt a big deal for me, because i'm so fair - but yeah oh man did i stick my foot in it.

She said she was deciding between the shaver and the epilator for about a week :eek:
She said they only last a few years so i guess i'll just get one when this thing dies.

aussiechica7

HSC
How long does it take to grow back? How often do you reuse it?
On what parts of the body can it be used?
What are the issues with getting an allergic reaction with your skin/red dots/etc.?
What are people's opinion of permanent laser hair removal?

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Over laser I'd go with Luminex. I'm getting my pits done and after about five treatments, there's hardly anything left. Quick and almost completely painless.

HSC
N/A
Luminex? Never heard of it... but like the sound of almost completely painless!!!

Dammit, evolution needs to hurry up. We don't want or need hair in certain places... it can go...ok?

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Strawbaby said:
Over laser I'd go with Luminex. I'm getting my pits done and after about five treatments, there's hardly anything left. Quick and almost completely painless.
I epilated my underarms. I almost died but it was worth it.

ccc123

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Oh. my. god.

I recently bought an epilator from Myer. This deserves its own thread from its sheer goodness. You know how when you buy like a bra or a pair of jeans and theyre just so FRIKIN GOOD that you need to share this awesomeness around? This is what it is. You don't understand. Epilators are effing awesome. Basically what it is is a rotating device with small 24 carat gold tweezers that catch hairs as short as 0.5cm (my model does anyway). You just use it like a razor.

The brand and model I got is Emjoi Bodybare Ultimate. There's a few different Emjoi ones but I bought the most pricey there.... Myer's having a sale so you get 10% off. So it ended up only $125.

If you're lazy and you can't be bothered shaving all the time and find waxing just a tad too messy or unreliable, go invest yourself in an epilator. They're awesome. They cost anything from $70-$150.

I realise that some people have different pain thresholds or have different reactions in the whole "pluck" sensation. It doesn't hurt for me at all. Sometimes I get a tingle, but that's really all there is. A tingling feeling. Get a pair of tweezers and pluck a hair off your leg and if it doesn't hurt, the epilator is for you.

Its been like 2 weeks and I had forgotten I epilated my legs. I wore a summer dress today, felt my legs and they're still so sexy smooth! Seriously guys, I hate shaving and waxing. Hate it with a passion. I've even made threads about it in the past and really begged for alternatives. This is so awesome. I know this sounds like an ad but I love it as much as I love my ghd and ipod!

Get one. No seriously. You'll love it.
lol, i used an epilator and i thought it killed. So it was back to spiky legs for me...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Luminex? Never heard of it... but like the sound of almost completely painless!!!

Dammit, evolution needs to hurry up. We don't want or need hair in certain places... it can go...ok?
If you want evolution to hurry up then all women should stop shaving/waxing/epilating and just allow the ones without hair naturally to get the most sex.

aussiechica7

HSC
"If you want evolution to hurry up then all women should stop shaving/waxing/epilating and just allow the ones without hair naturally to get the most sex."
LOL

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
withoutaface said:
If you want evolution to hurry up then all women should stop shaving/waxing/epilating and just allow the ones without hair naturally to get the most sex.
That's not me...
My legs are MONET'S, from far away they look smooth and hairless, but up close, if I don't shave/wax/epilate, I'm like an albino wolf. :eek:

gelina

HSC
Shaving and waxing is a waaaste of time. I don't understand why you would do anything OTHER than epilating. You save money in the end.

Though epilating sensitive areas isn't a good idea. Waxing salon, it is.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
The first few times i epilated was fine, but the last two have made me come up in little, pimple-esque bumps on my legs. Maybe a dozen of these painful red lumps come up, then they get a very small whitehead on them. It sucks because the first few hair-free days are spoiled by ugly bumps. They only come up on my lower leg.

Any ideas as to why?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)