Oh My ****ing GOD. I = Worlds Biggest Idiot (1 Viewer)

nmbookworm

HSC
Curse this day.

I have a bad habit. You see for all my school life i've left things till the last minute and somehow managed to get top marks. Perhaps I work well under pressure, who knows, who cares. Either way, the Viva Voce was was due today (Tuesday 5/5/09), or so I thought. So instead of preparing much earlier I waited till monday morning and thought to myself, "I shall stay home from school today and tomorrow and put all my effort into this Viva Voce to be delivered in the interview, Tuesday afternoon 2.30pm at the school library"

Thus I come to this afternoon, Viva Voce all done, myself quite proud of my last minute efforts. Text a school friend to ensure her im not dogging the assessment. And lo and behold she says; It was yesterday...

Disbelief! No way! Too shocked to respond! I check the assessment sheet and sure enough it was due MONDAY 4/5/09 same place same time.

AARRRGGGHHHH.

Never before have I missed an assessment or been this unlucky so I now look to this community to find guidance in my next step. Do I go tomorrow and fill out a misadventure form and say I was sick (and get the D certificate to prove it) or do I own up to my mistake and if i do that, what would most likely happen, automatic 0 or penalised or what?:bomb:

Please help. Wether its a sneaky idea to still scrape up marks or anything, I dont care.

Cheers, The Worlds Biggest Idiot

EDIT: As of Wednesday Arvo 4pm the issue has been resolved but feel free to post anyway

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
err you probably only get 15% deducted, depending on your policy.

PS. the 5/5 is today.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
If I were in your position, I think I would definitely try and get a doctor's certificate... You could try and be all honest, but this is the HSC and chances are you probably can't really afford to get a 0 mark on this assessment...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i don't think its even POSSIBLE to get 0 mark for handing in an assignment one day late.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Doesnt it go...

10% = 1 day late
50% = 2 days late
100% = any longer

Dude, get a doc's cert. It's the HSC, not who should be the most honest.
Not saying you are, but it really shits me when people get all moral about things like this. In the end, your teachers more likely to accept the fact that you were sick, rather than commend you for your honesty in forgetting..!

Oh, and, it's really easy to forge a certificate too, if that's your trouble. If your school's anything like mine, they wont even look at the certificate, so long as it's there. Just a thought.

LordPc

HSC
seriously, i'd say drop the subject. unless you are acing advanced and extension english, 1st in school and find it a bore, then I dont think you will be able to use your method of waiting till last minute to actually complete a major work.

it just requires too much research and too much writing to be completed at the last minute. so id say just drop it altogether.

if you ignore all this, go for the D

samthebear

HSC
seriously, i'd say drop the subject. unless you are acing advanced and extension english, 1st in school and find it a bore, then I dont think you will be able to use your method of waiting till last minute to actually complete a major work.

it just requires too much research and too much writing to be completed at the last minute. so id say just drop it altogether.

lol i was just pondering about the major work too :haha:

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Just put up with the 15%. It is only one assessment and you can definently make up for it. Mine is on Thursday and if that had happened to me i would just take the 15% or as someone has said try and get a doctors certificate somehow. Speak with your director of studies and they might even be able to reduce the percentage loss.

Lukybear

HSC
If you could get a doctors certificate you should definately get one... I wonder how you would get one? i.e. what do you say to the GP, "can i get a doctors certificate, cause i jigged school for fun?"

Are there doctors who are willing to sell certificates??

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
If you could get a doctors certificate you should definately get one... I wonder how you would get one? i.e. what do you say to the GP, "can i get a doctors certificate, cause i jigged school for fun?"

Are there doctors who are willing to sell certificates??
At my local GP they pretty much hand the doctor's certificates out like candy. You just walk in and say you've had a cold, taken a couple of days off and need a certificate for school... Don't really need to say anything more than that.

EDIT: just make sure they don't try and quarantine you for swine flu...

Last edited:

random-1005

Banned
HSC
curse this day.

I have a bad habit. You see for all my school life i've left things till the last minute and somehow managed to get top marks. Perhaps i work well under pressure, who knows, who cares. Either way, the viva voce was was due today (tuesday 5/5/09), or so i thought. So instead of preparing much earlier i waited till monday morning and thought to myself, "i shall stay home from school today and tomorrow and put all my effort into this viva voce to be delivered in the interview, tuesday afternoon 2.30pm at the school library"

thus i come to this afternoon, viva voce all done, myself quite proud of my last minute efforts. Text a school friend to ensure her im not dogging the assessment. And lo and behold she says; it was yesterday...

Disbelief! No way! Too shocked to respond! I check the assessment sheet and sure enough it was due monday 4/5/09 same place same time.

aarrrggghhhh.

never before have i missed an assessment or been this unlucky so i now look to this community to find guidance in my next step. Do i go tomorrow and fill out a misadventure form and say i was sick (and get the d certificate to prove it) or do i own up to my mistake and if i do that, what would most likely happen, automatic 0 or penalised or what?:bomb:

please help. Wether its a sneaky idea to still scrape up marks or anything, i dont care.

cheers, the worlds biggest idiot

hahah

random-1005

Banned
HSC

its not like dropping is an option, from the sig hes doing exactly 10 units

Kaatie

HSC
our school is 0% if not in the day, they tell us thats the hsc policy all schools have to stick by?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)