• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Oh My ****ing GOD. I = Worlds Biggest Idiot (2 Viewers)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
If you could get a doctors certificate you should definately get one... I wonder how you would get one? i.e. what do you say to the GP, "can i get a doctors certificate, cause i jigged school for fun?"

Are there doctors who are willing to sell certificates??
I dont think they can give you a certificate for a day when you were away. Unless you were away 2days in a row, then you can get it for both days. But that would have to mean, you didnt attend school since the day it was due. THis is because doctors can get in a lot of trouble if its found they said they had an appt with you when they didnt. I know this because my dads a doctor and he wouldn't even do it for me ! He made me miss it a second day, took me to another GP and got me a medical cert for both days, so then i got 2extra days for an assessment.... i had a legitimate reason for not having it in on time though, but thats another story.

LordPc

HSC
its not like dropping is an option, from the sig hes doing exactly 10 units
ah, good point, didnt notice this myself.

well then i'd say go for the D. you're gonna need all the help you can get until you kick your habit of last minute rush jobs, cause its gonna fail before the year ends (already has) so hopefully you learn something before it really, really hurts your hsc

spyborg

HSC
N/A
doctor's certificate straight away! dats all u need.

nmbookworm

HSC
Ok here is an update

Got the 'D', went next day, told them I had some flu symptoms, no worries. All resolved, no penalties.

Advice: ALWAYS CHECK THE GOD DAMN ASSESSMENT SHEET EVEN IF YOUR POSITIVE YOU REMEMBER WHEN THE DATE IS.

and lol as soon as i told the doctor i need a certificate because of my 'flu' symptoms, the first thing she asked was if i had been to mexico recently. ROFL.

Thanks for the help

Cheers, World's Most Relieved Teenager

jess39

HSC
Wow. Our school has a much stricter assessment policy. If you can't come the day of an assessment you have to call the school in the morning and tell them, then get a doctor's certificate/other proof that you were away for a valid reason. And if you don't do this you get 0. Like that.

It annoys me that other schools are more lenient with BOS procedures, and it also annoys me when people take days off the day before assessments. But whatever.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Wow. Our school has a much stricter assessment policy. If you can't come the day of an assessment you have to call the school in the morning and tell them, then get a doctor's certificate/other proof that you were away for a valid reason. And if you don't do this you get 0. Like that.

It annoys me that other schools are more lenient with BOS procedures, and it also annoys me when people take days off the day before assessments. But whatever.
Ultimately, other schools' assessment policies don't affect you at all. They pretty much only determine the internal marks/rankings so... stop letting it annoy you.

ibrian

HSC
wow you're school is so soft lol! our school actually calls the doctors you go to, to check. i guess this only applies to year 12 and upcoming assessments in our school. one kid faked the doct cert once in our prelims and got busted haha!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)