OK, let me put it this way: is anyone NOT going (1 Viewer)

mitch_f1

HSC
Hey
I was just wondering if anyone is not going to schoolies, for whatever reason. Or, if your a past HSC'er and didn't go, do you have any regrets?

Reason i ask is that I am considering not doing anything. On the schoolies week, but I am considering a Euro/American trip in mid next year for several months.

Mitch

volition

arr.
HSC
Are you planning to go to uni? won't the trip to euro/america interfere with uni? I reckon just go to schoolies, but that's just because it's cheaper. If money isn't an issue then sure, go ahead :)

mitch_f1

HSC
Taking a year off before uni. I am going to euro/america with dad on business trip, staying with friends, and working with friends.

purplemonkey

HSC
lol...i didnt go to schoolies, mainly coz i couldn't be bothered and i hate the beach. (thats where everone was going...apparently theres no snow in december/january :p ) hehe...but my friends bought a whole lot of lsd and ended up going on a heap of different 'trips' anyway...i was the only clean one in the share house, shit it was so funny, they're like "dude, you do realise you've got a purple iguana on ur head?". I had to look after them...ahh the good times...so no i dont regret not going to schoolies...i hung out with awesome mates for about two weeks at one of their houses and had the raddest time ever. The year off before uni is pretty popular, ur euro/america thing sounds rad man...lots of peeps at uni did contiki before they came and said they're really glad they didn't go straight to uni..but i went straight there and it hasn't made a difference (well i don't think)...sorry to be not much help :p but i think you should do whatever you want the most (personally i would go overseas, but thats just me ;) )

Some_Guy

HSC
mitch_f1 said:
Taking a year off before uni. I am going to euro/america with dad on business trip, staying with friends, and working with friends.
Going to schoolies + That, sounds expensive. So given a choice I would personally go ahead with the euro/american trip.

Americans do have some good qualities to them.

"OMG your aussie accent is so sexy! fuck me!!"

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I won't be going, instead I'll be overseas in Asia having fun.

oersorctibe

HSC
I won't be going. Mostly because when everyone was planning it, I didn't think I'd be able to pay for it, seeing as I don't expect my parents to pay for me. A few months later I got a job, now I could afford to go a few times... but it's too late - every one else has booked it. And what's the point of going without friends. "Oh well".

proffesor_rock

HSC
I'm not going on Schoolies, couldn't really be bothered organising anything. Instead the money is going towards my new amp, which is probably going to be better than any Schoolies trip anyway, haha. Me and the few other people not going on Schoolies are just going to hang at someone's house for a week which should be fun.

shariken

HSC
well I don't think any of my friends are going. We had all these ideas like going on a cruise, going to nz, going to great keppel island and now we're apparently going *camping* somewhere and I haven't been told about it. I'm not keen on the camping idea at all, the wilderness doesn't like me and I don't like it lol

And I haven't saved any money at all because I got so tired of them changing things all the time.

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
as if u'd go to schoolies! its almost as organised as school itself - so many rules and regulations - and ppl still think its a "holiday"? haha y waste ur money! I've been saving up and am planning on taking a gap year travelling Europe. And who going on schoolies is gonna remember half the stuff they did lol

tristambrown

HSC
I would do anything to avoid schoolies... ive never actually gone with the intent of going to schoolies - ive just accidently happened to be in places peeps decide to invade for schoolies.

I accidently ended up in surfers one year it was on & in the space of an hour had at least 5 different (reade seperate occasions) drunk kids (would have been at most 15) try to pick a fight with me for simply walking down the street.

Another year I again forgot about schoolies & went to byron for ny only to find the streets full of rampaging morons throwing glass bottles at things and laughing at how incredibly funny pissing on things was..... The only good bit was when one of the drunken fools got on a bicycle, got his thong stuck in the chain then lost control & rode straight into the police stations front gate with the local cops watching.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i'm not goin to schoolies. wish i was though; hangin' out wid friends for a week, no parents, being dependant sounds A ok' to me.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I am also not going to schoolies however going on a family holiday so that makes up for it.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well, I didn't go to schoolies and I really didn't care at the time, nor do I now. Sat at home, watched the Simpsons and Futurama, read books, went on BOS 24/7, racked up L's hours, etc. Now that is my idea of schoolies!

Monielle

HSC
I wasn't going to go but now heaps of my mates are staying at the gold coast main beach tourist park and they're camping and its only around 90 bucks for the whole week for each of them so i'm going to go down for a few nights and then to kingfisher bay at fraser island for a few nights then for the second week one of my mates hs a house at fraser so we're going to stay there for a week or drinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)