OK SO I KNOW I WONT GET 99.95 TO DO MED, BUT I CAN GET BONUS PNTS RIGHT (1 Viewer)

Mdzabakly

HSC
Now that I think about it..... I wonder if I would get into uws medicine with an 86.9 atar, assuming my umat score was 90th percentile or above (my real umat score was 46, 28th percentile) and a good interview score (I obviously did not receive an interview offer)..... I mean my disadvantage was (and still is) very big (look at my sig).

EDIT: If only I received 10 more points for each HSC subject..... then my atar would've been around 96.
What was your disadvangtage ??

Mdzabakly

HSC
1) Financial disadvantage
2) Disadvantaged learning environment (i.e. disadvantaged school)
3) Family member with severe illness/ disability

If u wanna claim like me.... just supply some evidence (don't try to cheat the UAC....it's uncool, especially if u wanna try out for med).

I suspect that I got the maximum 10 EAS points under UNSW's ACCESS scheme.....but that's just my instinct.
Damn i got 2/3, to bad i dont have numb 3 XXDD, jokes thats just sad though :(.
pretty much i just need help 0-0 i think im gonna only get like 70% in english for hsc test, although i could prob get 90+ in everthing else Paper 1 is my weakness!!

Mdzabakly

HSC
EAS isn't limited to the 3 disadvantages...there are different disadvantages as well (u might even fit 4 disadvantages).

70% in english....... that's like an almost fail (just above 50%) raw mark....assuming u do english standard.

As for other subjects.....don't over estimate ur ability.......cos sh!t really does happen.
Ahaha well idk what are the disadvantages?
yea i know, however im doing adv, Im ok at essays, great at Naratives, i just cant answer the damn questions to a stimulus >,< so fail, i just sit there looking at the question and im like... DAFUQUE??

are you planing to defer into medicine?

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Ahaha well idk what are the disadvantages?
yea i know, however im doing adv, Im ok at essays, great at Naratives, i just cant answer the damn questions to a stimulus >,< so fail, i just sit there looking at the question and im like... DAFUQUE??

are you planing to defer into medicine?
LOL mate if you're going to get 70% in English, you're screwed. Also, what are your other subjects that you think you could probably get above 90.

Mdzabakly

HSC
LOL mate if you're going to get 70% in English, you're screwed. Also, what are your other subjects that you think you could probably get above 90.
its just like a worst case senario, i had the same problem with the sc, i pretty much failed my trails for english but got 85 in the end.
its just the answeing questions on a stimulus part, im not sure how much thats worth so i just said 70 XD.
my other subjects are legal, bio, ext maths, ancient, hospitality.

Also there is still 1 year and a half left bfor my hsc so i still have a fchance!! XD

theind1996

HSC
N/A
its just like a worst case senario, i had the same problem with the sc, i pretty much failed my trails for english but got 85 in the end.
its just the answeing questions on a stimulus part, im not sure how much thats worth so i just said 70 XD.
my other subjects are legal, bio, ext maths, ancient, hospitality.

Also there is still 1 year and a half left bfor my hsc so i still have a fchance!! XD
Also, I remember you saying you go to a school ranking 564. So you're almost certainly required to rank 1st in all your subjects.

Mdzabakly

HSC
1) You will eventually know about the different types of disadvantages when ur school hands out EAS booklets (ask ur careers advisor if ur school is slacking off)
2) I see ur problem... solution... ask ur teacher.
3) I don't plan to defer.... I'm gonna work my ass off and try to transfer into med as soon as I can.

EDIT: Ur SC mark for english is a VERY poor indicator of how well u do in HSC english.

I got low band 5 in SC.......but mid-band 4 in HSC english.
thanks. XD i though defer and transfer are the same thing.

i know that, I was just saying i failed the trail for sc but i worked hard and got 85, this time im not failling in my trails !! XD

Also, I remember you saying you go to a school ranking 564. So you're almost certainly required to rank 1st in all your subjects.
yea, im already pretty much on #1 for all subjects and #1 in english as of yet, Pretty much my ranking all depends on how well i can do the english test, all my other subjects im pretty much ahead of all my freinds, already have my sylb notes for bio legal and some for ancient.

Last edited:

Mdzabakly

HSC
In that case.... no need to worry.... just bribe ur school into giving u 100% raw internal mark for every subject......be sick during hsc exams....... make misadventure appeals... and let moderation do it's work. If the gap between ur marks and the rest of ur cohort is ridiculously huge..... and if the average aligned exam mark of ur cohort in HSC exam is reasonably high (say 70s) for every subject...... then ur almost certain to get ridiculously high moderated aligned marks.... and hence get 99.95 atar.

Ok....but to be serious...... that's very worrying.
wait wait what?? are you just joking or ...?? because... that would be awsome idea XDD jokeeess i dont think i could do that, i cant even lie without smiling... im pretty much a goody two shoes XDD...

what was that last part??

Mdzabakly

HSC
Do you mean about getting 99.95 atar? or about "Ok....but to be serious...... that's very worrying"?

I was just joking.... but the method I just mentioned is theoretically possible.
Your either an evil genius who got their powers as a result of radiation just last year ..
or your just a genius and you pracastinated WAYYYYY to much in hsc XD

Mdzabakly

HSC
I'm genius either way!

Nah.....I'm not really evil.... in order to understand the evil.... I must think like the evil.

Plus, if I'm evil.... why the hell am I aiming for medicine?

Procrastination?..... nah....that method didn't take very long to form in my head..... it's actually a simple application of statistics, using General Math stuff (assuming that the Board of Studies is lying when the Board denies using statistical moderation)
Lol there are so many ppl viewing this thread im sure one of them are gonna try your thing XDD

Mdzabakly

HSC
It's not gonna work 100% of the time.... It will actually backfire if the Board conducts an investigation....especially since there raw mark is 100 or near 100 for every subject for a certain student, while the rest of the scores in that school are abysmally low.

Also..... the plan will backfire if average raw internal mark is for example, 60, but average raw external exam mark is lower than that (say 50). That means..... the top student's internal mark gets dragged DOWN during moderation, unless if the student did the exam and scores 100% raw exam mark. Actually...forget the stuff in blue..... I see a flaw in what i wrote there.

i.e. 100% raw internal assessment mark does not always equate to 100% moderated assessment mark...... but it does a hell load of the time.
lulz its still a evil idea.

Mdzabakly

HSC
I wonder how many people benefited from this method (except the part where u bribe the teacher, but otherwise u achieve top internal ranking without cheating.... and actually being genuinely sick during exam and requesting misadventure consideration).

EDIT: In that special case.... the method ain't evil.
Totally +1 rep for you, btw if u ever bcm an evil genius and take over the world jus remember the little ppl

Mdzabakly

HSC
u just reminded me of an ethics survey in a certain subject in med science @ uni.

One of the questions was to choose a candidate for a world leader. There were 3 options. Each option had a brief description of the candidate....no names were given in the question.

After the survey was over.... I found out I picked Hitler.....so much for being evil.

LuiuuiiiiiiuuuulllZzx that's hoorribly funny xD. Why did u chose hitlet vv

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but consider Bond as well! (If you have the money)

Mdzabakly

HSC
Bro.....I would if HECS was available.... for MBBS at Bond Uni....... but.... since there's no CSP for medicine @ that uni.......I'll be forking out as much as a house instead of a 4 wheel drive to pay for tuition fees.......
What's csp?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)