old fashioned weight loss experiment (1 Viewer)

arrested development
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
i kind of freaked out about it, cos one of my guy friends is 13% and hes a quite hefty guy
but girls are supposed to have more fat for boobies and hips and tummies (must protect those babies!)

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
lol very nicely put...
i like ur style :uhhuh:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
it was one of those scales that measure body fat, i question how reliable they can be anyway? you are just standing on it. it even claims to be able to measure your water content

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i never understood how they worked. the one on the biggest loser did that. If it mmeasured your height etc i could see how it may work but yeah i dont get it :confused:

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Get as much fruit into your diet, in the form of juice, salads whatever.
I wouldn;'t eat too much fruit if you're trying to lose weight. Some fruit early in the day is okay, but you have to remember that sugar is full of fructose, which is a sugar! Eat plenty of vegetables and take a multivitamin. Similarly, juice is full of sugar also!!

Catwalk

HSC
hey perfume!
yea definitely let us know how you go.

i want to lose 2 more kgs so if this works for you, i'm gonna join in! haha

perfume!

HSC
Day 1
Monday 3rd July 2006
Weight: 54.7 kg
Time I got up: 9am (slept through alarm)

Breakfast: apple, 4 weet bix w/I light milk
600mL water

Exercise: 1 hour walking, stretching b4 and after, 100 skips with skipping rope, 50 star jumps
100 arm lifts (2kg weight/100 each arm), 20 push ups, 100 sit-ups

Lunch: 2 tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and ham
600mL water

Exercise: 1 hour walk @ 3pm

Dinner: chicken, tuna, ham, cheese, snow peas
plus, I had a fruit crush drink (1xkiwi fruit, strawberries, blueberries, 1xpassionfruit
and pineapple juice with ice blended together)
600mL water
...i also had crushed ice with this vitamin c syrup

lol its so hard cause mum just did a huge shop and bought 4 tubs of choccie icecream, and topping! my fave biscuits and chips!
im gonna make it through though- I wanna go at least 2 weeks… if I give up now all that exercise would have been in vain.

Yeah- everybody join in! im so inspired! I fell like this is going to work- though results wont be evident for quite sometime.

Thank for all the advice- I’ll try to concentrate on veggies more than fruits after reading what you’s wrote on the sugar content of fruit. You guys are really encouraging.

if anyone else does decide to do it just post here what your doing and how it works out.

HSC
perfume! said:
Day 1
Monday 3rd July 2006

600mL water

Exercise: 1 hour walking, stretching b4 and after, 100 skips with skipping rope, 50 star jumps

600mL water

plus, I had a fruit crush drink (1xkiwi fruit, strawberries, blueberries, 1xpassionfruit
600mL water

lol its so hard cause mum just did a huge shop and bought 4 tubs of choccie icecream, and topping! my fave biscuits and chips!
im gonna make it through though- I wanna go at least 2 weeks… if I give up now all that exercise would have been in vain.

Yeah- everybody join in! im so inspired! I fell like this is going to work- though results wont be evident for quite sometime.

Thank for all the advice- I’ll try to concentrate on veggies more than fruits after reading what you’s wrote on the sugar content of fruit. You guys are really encouraging.

if anyone else does decide to do it just post here what your doing and how it works out.

WOW .. u sound so insipring hehe ..

i lost 5 kgs in 30 days tooo .. but through gym everyday....

but now i guess i mite as well run every 3 days/? eyahh .. im definalty goin on a diet after HSC...

people are like you either gain weight druing the hsc or lose.. it ..

Goodluck Perfume !!!.

vintage.love

HSC
N/A
i've been wanting to lose weight for ages as well so i'm gonna join you!

i feel so bad posting what i ate today cos you eat so little!! you need to eat more, diet or no diet!

DAY 1
Weight: 52 kg
Exercise: ...none?

Breakfast: oats + milk
snack: apple, mandarin, grapes, kiwifruit, 2 lollies! lol
Lunch: leftover beef + veggie stirfry, 1 baked potato
snack: apple, mandarin, strawberries, low fat cheese
Dinner: chicken (wasn't hungry)

too much fruit!!!

what else can i snack on that's filling but low in fat?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
perfume! said:
Day 1
Monday 3rd July 2006

600mL water

Protein??

Don't stretch until you've warmed up.

600mL water

Quantities? I still advise you to enter the foods you've eaten into www.fitday.com OR post the amounts you are eating and I will do it for you. It is crucial that you actually know how many calories you need to be eating, and how many you actually are eating.

600mL water

Eat the fruit earlier in the day.

Discipline: That which divides those who can, from those who will.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
secret said:
She's right.

Fruit will put weight on you if you consume to much, it's full of sugar.

Sugar is the main reason why people are fat, it's the main contribution anyway. Yea, eating pizza, KFC, Mc Donalds contributes, but not neally as much as sugar.

That's why most girls who consume vast amounts of choclate have fat asses. No offence.
I'm not a she! :p

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Dude, why are you so obsessed with her protein intake?

She is trying to lose weight, not gain muscle.

A little protein is good but merely for the fact that it fills you up and suppresses appetite.

Suggesting protein shakes for someone trying to loose weight is really unnecessary as it will increase dairy intake.

Also, because she is only really doing a moderate intensity exercise for between an hour to two hours a day at 57 kilos she really only needs at most 75 grams of protein. Anything more will just add calories which is detrimental to her aims.

If she were to have a protein drink which is around 30g of protein she will totally blow out her protein intake.

With the name Hypertrophy, I understand why protein would be such a focus in your diet, but for weight loss it only really benefits in filling you up.

HSC
N/A
Can I just step in and say something...

Yes calorie counting can be beneficial, but massive "how many calories did you eat today? How percentage was protein?" etc etc can be too much for a lot of people. In fact, I know a couple of people who have developed an ED or borderline ED (which is still very not good and very scary) through obsessing so much about things like this.

If you are interested in long-term weightloss, then I suggest this - whatever changes you make, make sure they are ones that you will commit to for the rest of your life. If this means that you go in baby steps and work on one small improvement at a time (such as "I am going to integrate regular exercise of ANY intensity into my routine" or "I am going to eat less junk food and more unprocessed foods" or even "I am going to cut down on chocolate"), then please do so!!!

It is no crime to realise that you are human and do not have the willpower to undergo a major "transformation". The best eat healthy/tone up method is the one that works for you, not other people! :) This isn't to discount everyone else's methods and suggestions, but please - I would hate to see anyone do damage to their bodies or self-esteem just because they've rushed into something that either wasn't right for them, or something they weren't ready for at this particular point in time.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Egronk said:
Dude, why are you so obsessed with her protein intake?

She is trying to lose weight, not gain muscle.

A little protein is good but merely for the fact that it fills you up and suppresses appetite.

Suggesting protein shakes for someone trying to loose weight is really unnecessary as it will increase dairy intake.

Also, because she is only really doing a moderate intensity exercise for between an hour to two hours a day at 57 kilos she really only needs at most 75 grams of protein. Anything more will just add calories which is detrimental to her aims.

If she were to have a protein drink which is around 30g of protein she will totally blow out her protein intake.

With the name Hypertrophy, I understand why protein would be such a focus in your diet, but for weight loss it only really benefits in filling you up.
I hardly think that recommending a protein source in the morning is being "obsessed". When you wake up in the morning you are in a catabolic state and protein is of fundamental importance!!

True, her main goal may not be to "gain muscle", but it shouldn't be about muscle break-down either.

I don't see the necessary connection between protein shakes and dairy. Milk should be avoided because of the sugar it contains, but protein shakes can, and should, be made with water when aiming for fat loss. Unless you are commenting on the fact that whey is a derivative of cheese?..

Yes calorie counting can be beneficial, but massive "how many calories did you eat today? How percentage was protein?" etc etc can be too much for a lot of people. In fact, I know a couple of people who have developed an ED or borderline ED (which is still very not good and very scary) through obsessing so much about things like this.
It is important to at least know how many calories you should be eating to lose weight, and constructing a flexible diet that meets that number. It doesn't mean one needs to count their calories everyday and ensure they meet this number with exact precision. For me, it just seems stupid to follow a diet that is nothing more than a guess of what you should be consuming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)