• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Olympia Milk Bar Stanmore (2 Viewers)

philphie

Banned
HSC
yeah that's from the facebook page. brave soul whoever took it. i'm surprised you can actually see him in a photograph, i would have thought he'd be invisible

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
you should go in and ask for a mars bar, and then when he says he has to wait 3 months for the order, actually come back in 3 months time and be like "oh hey, yeah i'm just following up that order i made for the mars bar. you said it should be in today?"

i bet that would make him loveyou

philphie

Banned
HSC
yeah it won't be there, because i've already tried that one, longest 3 months of my life. i think one day we should just get like 100 people storming into the shop all at once to have a milkshake. we just have to make sure all the ambulances going around parra road all friday night are waiting just outside to get our stomachs pumped

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Wow, this is really, really cool. Makes me feel sad that there aren't any other historical derelicts like this elsewhere in Australia.

My theory is that he's slowly researching and saving up the money to restore the place, just like it was sixty years ago.
I read on the facebook group about the place that someone offered to pay to restore his window and was going to go in and ask the guy if he wanted it done but I didn't hear the outcome.

It would be really cool if it was restored though

philphie

Banned
HSC
I read on the facebook group about the place that someone offered to pay to restore his window and was going to go in and ask the guy if he wanted it done but I didn't hear the outcome.

It would be really cool if it was restored though
they wanted to leave it as it is, they didn't want to mess with the character of the place

philphie

Banned
HSC
Wow, this is really, really cool. Makes me feel sad that there aren't any other historical derelicts like this elsewhere in Australia.

My theory is that he's slowly researching and saving up the money to restore the place, just like it was sixty years ago.
the guy is probably fucking loaded and probably owns every other building on that stanmore part of parra road. but these postwwii migrants just like owning things, not fixing them up. loads of places in Lewisham are like this

philphie

Banned
HSC
If he began serving people, though, he could make a mint. The place is almost a cultural icon.
he hates people so that'll never happen, plus people think it's a health hazard in there

And now i'm surprised that there wasn't a group of delinquents who trashed the place in its 60 year history.
well i'm a delinquent, but i visit to perve not trash

philphie

Banned
HSC
the guy speaks english fine. he's been here more than 50 years

ClassOf2013

HSC
Found this thread and decided to resurrect it because I actually went in to the Olympia today with a friend. I don't really see what's so bad about the owner, he didn't say all that much but he was polite enough. I had a caramel milkshake, it was surprisingly pretty darn good, served in one of those old school metal milkshake cups, and a bargain at $3. My friend had vanilla and he said it was pretty good too. The place itself was incredible, it's like a museum, it's pretty much intact from the 1950s. Definately worth a visit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)