OMFG i won a notebook (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
so there i was sitting in my seat at a LAN party with my two mates on either side of me and im thinking "damn what a waste of potential study time this day has been" and then a woman comes up to me selling raffle tickets and 5 minutes later im thinking "damn what a waste of a good $50 bucks"...

later that day...

they start picking out the tickets...third prize...."red A 20"...i look down in disappointment at my green coloured tickets...second prize "Blue D 15".....another sigh of disappointment over comes the hall as one winner steps up with happiness leaving a trail of misery behind them...so far a few sticks of RAM, cooling devices and monitors have already been claimed and were no longer there to glare at us with their shiny new casing, seductively calling out "i could be yours..."

"and now 1st place"

i looked down at my tickets, with about 20 out of the 25 being green C. "Green C, Green C, Green C, Greeeeen.....C....." the words repeated in my head as litres of blood pulsed their way through.

"1st place....Green C 70"

a pause, the length of a heartbeak, over came the hall as the words registered...

"shit, shit, shit" i thought..and said...as i rose from my seat and proclaimed that I...I was the victor! and to me goes this new LG notebook from which i now enjoy

5 days after my presentless 18th birthday did i stand before a crowd of hundreds who marvelled, or possibly cursed, at my winning of such a glorious prize.

there was also another "1st prize" which was a pretty high end desktop computer and the specifications of the notebook appear to be a little lower than earlier advertised but bleh...i have finally won something of value and w00tness it is.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
amazing story. congrats!

I brought my notebook on thurs too:)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Congratulations! What sort of machines were they?

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
here are the specs for the first prize, the "good" "first prize"

1st prize
Prey System
Antec P180 Tower - Spray Painted with Prey logo
Antec 500w Phantom PSU
Gigabyte S series GA-M55plus-S3G AM2 Motherboard
Gigabyte Radeon X1600XT ATI VGA card
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+AM2 CPU
Corsair DDR2 2G Memory
Western Digital Caviar 400G Hard Drive
Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset
Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Mouse
Creative Fatal1ty FPS soundcard

and the specs for the "second" "first prize"
LG Notebook
Model : TX-A2BDA
Processor : Intel® Pentium® M ULV Processor 773
Display : 12.1" WXGA (1280 x 800)
Graphics Card : NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 7300
Graphics Memory : 256MB(HyperMemory)
Memory : 512 x 2 DDR2(533MHz, up to 2GB)
HDD : 60GB
ODD : External DVD Super Multi Dual Layer (DVD-R/RW, +R/RW, RAM)
Wireless Technology : Intel Pro/Wireless 2915ABG (802.11a/b/g), Dual Hexa-band
Bluetooth : Yes (BlueCore 4)
Modem : 56kbps Modem
LAN : 10/100 Mbps Ethernet
Expansion Slot
Multi Media Card Slot : 5-in-1 (XD, SD, MMC, MS, MS Pro)

but the actual gfx card appears to be a 945GM intel, instead of the nvidia which they claimed it would be, but i cant complain. its all good.

edit: the processor also appears to be an "intel t2400", and according to my trusty 10cm ruler, the display is about 14.3 inches (probably a tiny bit less), but everything else appears to be right.

Last edited:

JhK89

HSC
thats a fkn awesome notebook hope i have that kind of luck.. in the hsc.. zzzzz

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
damn nice one buddy
congrats

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Congratulations!

i used to have an LG laptop. it was really good, but i sold it because i wanted one with a shiny screen :p

but i'm concerned that you spent $50 on raffle tickets...i'd be annoyed spending more than 10.

the most i've ever won is a cake in a cake raffle in yr 2 :)

Last edited:

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
im kind of concerned about that too...a few jokes were made about the beginning of a gambling addiction since that was first time i took a risk with money. im one of the last people i know whos willing to spend, let alone throw away such an amount of money but i did a few estimates of the value of the prizes and chances of winning and the gamble seemed to be in my favor.

plus i think ive grown accustomed to not spending much on myself (honestly i think a pair of jeans, maybe a shirt or two and a total of about $300 worth of hardware are the only non edible items ive bought in the last three years) so i had a nicely developed little stockpile in my piggybank.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
yeah it was at sgl

breaking, im sorry i cannot live up to your obvious coolness

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Congrats! I forgot that SGL was on...ahh well next time maybe!

klufs2003

jesus lol
HSC
lol grats man, SGL im guessin? hehehe

i was gonna go but i would have felt guilty for goin lanning 2 weeks b4 hsc. fukn pissed off coz of all the comps and prizes they had this time.... WHY DID THEY HAV TO HAV IT 2 WEEKS B4 HSC!!!

my mates won the dota comp lol, 2nd win in a row at sgl lol

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
were those guys APOC?

we versed them first round in dota and got owned pretty bad (my two team mates were...not very good)

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
rofl i was there at sgl on sat... didnt pay the 25 bux registration, even when they went around checking wristbands, he looked straight at me and didnt even notice i wasnt wearing one and the fact i had so much shit leeching on dc++... i threw my burger in the swimming pool, took about 1000 pens and free shirts rofl.. n wrote my name down about 25 times for that other raffle...all day it cost me like 3 bux and that was for 2 cokes... wasnt much shit to leech but that actually interested me.. u wouldve noticed our group, we were the noisiest muther fukaz there sitting against the wall

btw, congrats on winning the notebook man...

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
haha thats awesome. See kids? lans are cool cause u win shit.

My pc probably rips theirs in gaming...except for the fatality gear... >_< i want some fatality gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)