Omg- Harry Potter 6 is complete! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
And where's Snape in that list?

While he probably isn't the HBP, I still reckon he isn't a pure blood, simply because it would be an interesting storyline. Anything centreing on Snape is good in my opinion.

Though, I have to say I think it might be Remus, seeing as how most characters names reflect more than just their personalities, and if you were to buy into that theory, Remus would fit perfectly. Remus and Romolus didn't know they were royalty until their grandfather found them in that small village, perhaps this will be much of the same. Our Lupin doesn't know he's royalty until some long lost family member finds him in Hogsmead or something.

Then again, maybe it's Dobby. Afterall, CoS was going to be called HBP, perhaps Dobby is indeed the HBP? Although, I reckon Tom was suppose to be the Half Blood Prince JKR of the Chamber of Secrets, being Half Blood and Slytherins' Heir, and the Half Blood Prince of the 6th book has absolutley no connection to the second book.

So, I hope it's Snape but reckon it's Lupin.

Also, Mizz Smee, I get what you mean. Just because this person is labled 'The Half Blood Prince' doesn't necisarrily mean JKR is reffering to wizarding blood, it could refer to just about anything, it's just the majority of us assume it's wizarding blood being refered too. So this Prince could have half Vampire blood or something. I like the idea, and reckon it's something JKR would use to trick us with. Reckon we might find something else out about one of the main characters being a half-breed.

I don't think it will be a new character though, thats not fair.

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
Zahri said:
Typical Pumkin Pie-er. *shakes her head* First thing you do is try to get Ron out of the way.
K2K is one theory that I'm not very fond of. Yes, it makes some sense. No, I don't think it will happen. As to the tealeaves - Jo's aware of how the fandom feels about Ron's joking predictions. She's already confirmed Arthur Weasley won't be Minister for Magic (at least in the next book). I'm not believing magical writing tealeaves. Besides, she said herself "As if I'm going to kill Harry's best friend" (Time Magazine, 2000, check QQQ if you don't believe me!) and that renders all the other 87 quotes about "I'm not telling you, ner!" to be simple distractions. As for Unicorn wands - Cedric is dead, in his grave and rotting. The Second War has already begun. The time for innocent sacrifices has been and passed. Besides, Ron's wand is one of the three in the Trio trifecta. All three wands are special to JKR and, quite possibly, to the story.
This reminds me of The Good Times where the shippers, or more precicely H/Hr shippers and the Good shippers on FAP used to fight, er no, "debate" over the fact that Ron was going to die. You're not a R/Hr shipper are you? I thought the interview with JKR only reflected the plot in GoF, so, she was saying that Ron wasn't going to die in GoF. The K2K theory makes sense to me...and for the issue of Ron's wand *coughcough*, I think because the Second War has started; there will be more deaths. And this will include sacrifices (not sure about the innocent). The comment made about Arthur being the Minister of Magic; well, whereas "Die Ron Die" was out of instinct, Arthur being MoM was a wish mixed with sarcasm. Or alternatively, just because Arthur isn't MoM in HBP, it doesn't mean he can't be MoM after it... .

White Rabbit said:
Also, Mizz Smee, I get what you mean. Just because this person is labled 'The Half Blood Prince' doesn't necisarrily mean JKR is reffering to wizarding blood, it could refer to just about anything, it's just the majority of us assume it's wizarding blood being refered too. So this Prince could have half Vampire blood or something. I like the idea, and reckon it's something JKR would use to trick us with. Reckon we might find something else out about one of the main characters being a half-breed.
Sorry, will include Snape in list. *edits*

I see what Mizz Smee was trying to say: you mean, like the prospect of Hadgrid being the HBP. He's not a half blood wizard, he's a half blood giant, ergo he could be the HBP. But what could apply to Neville? *thinks*

Wahh. I hope it isn't a new character either. No room for speculation then. Meep.

Josephine

HSC
<rant>Wahh... why does it have to be released the holidays before the Trials? WHY?</rant>

I don't think Ron will be the one to die, at least in this book - JKR always said that the trio is stronger together than apart, and if Ron died, how would Harry even stand a chance against Voldemort without one of his best friends? And Ron is too major a character. Remus may be the one to die... but then there are no good Marauders left *sniff* I'm guessing probably Hagrid. *sigh*

Regarding the HBP, I don't think it'll be a new character. A new character to have the title name and such an important role so late in the series? It could be Remus, how he's a werewolf/human. Or it's probably some person who hasn't had that major a role in the series yet.

Jo

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL! Thanks mate :p I really really hope it's Snape, or he at least gets a decent role.. ;)

And no, don't reckon Ron will die. And I don't want Remus to either...

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
Meep. I just rang Glebe books at Glebe who did an amazing release party for the fifth book last year and asked them what they were going to do; they said that they don't have anything concrete at the moment, but they were taking suggestions, names and phone numbers. So if you have nothing else to do, give them a call and demand a party. 95522526. And if you have nothing to do once again, contact Dymocks in the city and whine at them, because they like that and they're sore people who have to be whined at. "I DEMAND PARTEEE1!!!!!@#$%!" Hopefully, they'll get the message. 92350155 and ask for kids.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Sarah168 said:
Im happy thats its coming out so early but I dont want a 150 page book....hope its looong
My fear is that it wont be as good as the rest. Lets face it, Order of the Phoenix was a bit sub-par.

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
I'm sure it won't be 150 pages. In fact; CBBC Newsround estimates that the book would be longer than GoF but shorter than OoTP given from the RRP of the book and a Bloomsbury person saying that "it's a little shorter than OoTP".

And as for OoTP being subpar; I think it depends how you regard it. In terms of characters; if you were a very big Harry fan and a very big, er person-who-died's fan, it would have ruined your experience. And in terms of the prophecy being rubbish in general, that means you should read the book again...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
My fear is that it wont be as good as the rest. Lets face it, Order of the Phoenix was a bit sub-par.

excuse me sparky. Sub par?!?! PFFFFFFFFFFFTT I dont think so :vcross:

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I have to agree Order of the Phoneix wasnt as good as say Goblet which is my favourite...ohh im soo excited.

I hope Hagrid dies..he's just getting plain annoying now

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Sweets said:
I have to agree Order of the Phoneix wasnt as good as say Goblet which is my favourite...ohh im soo excited.

I hope Hagrid dies..he's just getting plain annoying now
that's just harsh. hagrid's a good bloke. if anyone should die, it should be the fat lady who teaches herbology - now cmon, she's just a bitch!

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
havent read it yet. anything to look forward to?
i heard that it's aimed at a more mature age of readers?

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
nicko88 said:
that's just harsh. hagrid's a good bloke. if anyone should die, it should be the fat lady who teaches herbology - now cmon, she's just a bitch!
What's wrong with Professor Sprout!

Anyway... v. v. excited :)

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
nicko88 said:
Naahh i used to like Hagrid but his whole animal obsession ect has just gotten old.
Proffesor Sprout isnt important enough to be killed off.

My bet is Percy will die. I dont know where that came from but i just thought of it all of a sudden and its going to be all sad because he didnt make up with his parents before he died ect...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
cherryblossom said:
I thought phoenix was disappointing....:(
Yeah, bit over rated.

I DID still enjoy it however.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Yeah, Percy sounds good.

Perhaps Ginny though? Important enough to make a difference to Harry, but not a big difference to the Storyline...

Dont care about Hagrid, at all. Never did like him.

As for OotP, it was good as a fan of Snape and even McGonagall, but certainly not as a fan of

Sirius. Just falling through the Veil. I didn't mind the bullying Snape Pensive scene, because it certainly took both him and James off their pedestool, and also explained a little behind Severus' hatred or, well, everything

So, yes, not as good as say Goblet or Azkaban, but still a good book.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Sarah168 said:
excuse me sparky. Sub par?!?! PFFFFFFFFFFFTT I dont think so :vcross:
Okay,

Remember I'm the guy who's nick comes from Sparky, the mascot of a quidditch team in Quidditch Through The Ages...

I don't know, I read it twice, I didn't like the way Harry's character changed, i didnt like the emphasis on minor details, I didnt like a whole bunch of the story being people sitting down and retelling! It seemed like the book was written in a rush!

Plus, it was too long. Now, put that next to GOF and you can see, she spent ages writing it, its an AMAZING book! Everything is described in ENOUGH detail, its beautiful. But i still Loved Order of The Phoenix, but it was below the standard set by GOF!

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
nicko88 said:
cant u guys sense the sarcasm...?
Yes indeed.

OoTP wasn't really a bad or good book. I think it just depended on whether you liked it or not.

Is anyone planning on going to a particular book store? Would they like to bunch up at 6 in the morning for a 9 o'clock release? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)