Omg- Harry Potter 6 is complete! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
YES! YES! YES! i do! what do you look like, i'll look for you. i'll be the one with the big poster saying,"I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!" i'll even camp the night before if i have to.

...not.

zhongie

HSC
Anyone thought of Hagrid as the Half-Blood Prince? He is half giant, and half human, after all...

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
think of it...if he's called half-blood prince, then his father must have been a king...?

duh.

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
nicko88 said:
YES! YES! YES! i do! what do you look like, i'll look for you. i'll be the one with the big poster saying,"I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!" i'll even camp the night before if i have to.

...not.
Funny. Very witty. Your sarcasm/mockery deserves five stars. You deserve membership at FandomWank.

Er, don't you think "prince" is metaphoric in a sense, i.e. doesn't have to be an aristocrat? Because the title prince isn't going to apply to any character we know of. Unless Prince Harry decides to make a cameo entrance.

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
Erk, don't think of it. I wasn't insulted. Snarkery is common. "You're a freak" is generally well-accepted.

On brighter news; JKRowling.com is updated with news, and a p.s. Hmm.

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
minapotter said:
I think Neville will live, and become a Herbology Professor at Hogwarts.
i think so too. she has already said that one harry's classmates will stay at hogwarts and teach and that its NOT ron and that its NOT neccesarily who we think - ie. hermione. (that the first person who came into my mind.) so yes - i think it will be neville in herbology.

Zahri

Child of Canon
Floating past the Pillar of Storgé in the Mystic K
HSC
minapotter said:
This reminds me of The Good Times where the shippers, or more precicely H/Hr shippers and the Good shippers on FAP used to fight, er no, "debate" over the fact that Ron was going to die. You're not a R/Hr shipper are you? I thought the interview with JKR only reflected the plot in GoF, so, she was saying that Ron wasn't going to die in GoF. The K2K theory makes sense to me...and for the issue of Ron's wand *coughcough*, I think because the Second War has started; there will be more deaths. And this will include sacrifices (not sure about the innocent). The comment made about Arthur being the Minister of Magic; well, whereas "Die Ron Die" was out of instinct, Arthur being MoM was a wish mixed with sarcasm. Or alternatively, just because Arthur isn't MoM in HBP, it doesn't mean he can't be MoM after it...
Don't worry - I'm worse than a Good Shipper - I'm one of those dreaded H/Gers who like OBHWF. Chocolate and Snitches forever!

To be polite, The Good Old Times of the Great Deathmatch Debates between Angua and her team and Pallas Athena, her team and Falcon are now long over. All current debates are merely poor rehashes - after all, Angua and Pallas Athena used to spend hundreds of pages arguing over how tiny parts of Emma affected shipping. And (I'm really sorry) no one nowadays displays such pigheadedness and longevity as Falcon at the height of his involvement.

K2K just always seemed so convenient to me, rather like the "Snape is a vampire" theories. All right, it actually has a heap more evidence and common sense than that tired old theory, and K2K seems completely rational and sensible in the face of the Remus and James Switched theory (which has to be one of the most stupid notorious theories, stupid enough to practically get a "what were you drinking?!?" response from Jo and 87% of the fandom). I still don't like it. Some of the basic ideas, though, are quite sensible and rational, like the equation of the seven moves representing the seven books. The Draco stuff is complete conjecture, though, and Ron just is not the person to face Bellatrix. Bellatrix is tied up in Neville's story, not Ron's. If there is anyone, Ron and the Weasleys are tied to the Malfoys.

So, who do you promote for Minister? I'm supporting Amelia Bones - she'd be wonderful.

Minister for Magic, though, does seem to be quite a longterm role - Fudge has held the role for at least 4 years - closer to a minimum of 5, as he was already Minister at the start of the series, despite acting like one who had only just gained power with his flocks of owls every morning to Dumbledore for advice. Unless the new Minister dies, it's unlikely we'll see Arthur in the role within the series.

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
H/G? 0_0 *RUNS AWAY SCARED* Ohkhay. Will refrain from telling you how awful I think H/G is because er, it brings out the bad in everyone.

I agree that The Good Old Days are over. I absolutely loved Angua and Falcon. I still think I follow Angua's LJ and the whole "I'm the Captain! Follow me! Hear me roar!". Am sorry to say; but her R/Hr essays not only make me punch a hole in the wall; but they're annoying as well. I've read many essays on ships but her essays just make me want to scream because of her tone!

Although she may be classified as a BNF; I think she only recieves the recognition of a BNF due to her, well, er, wankiness and her posts at FAP. Well, Angua's Long and Obssessive quest in search for the true identity of Fandom Scruples, her comments on the fandom Black List. Wow. I love Angua. Wah. Call me insensitive but I do miss the BNF DeathMarches.

FAP ship threads are boring these days, ever since they made the VENOM threads and the Can't Stand (insert ship name here) threads. And, most of all, er, Pumpkin Pie and The Good Ship temporarily holding truce? Posting in eachother's threads? Deciding to put eachother's ship names in their thread names? What has the world come to?

I can understand why an OBHWFer would hate the K2K theory. If I was one; I'd rip the guts of the person who suggested it in the first place (a figure of speech please don't hurt me). Well there are quite alot of stupid theories in HP fandom. Such as the "Ron is Dumbledore" and "Ron and Hermione were secretly going out in GoF and OoTP"(sorry if you support this theory) theory. To make it fair I'll take a theory out of my ship: the Hippogriff is love theory. I mean, the entrance of corned-beef loving otters who live in Bristol thing was hilarious. *loffs JKR*

Speaking of who-is-tied-to-whom in canon; honestly these pureblood families have got it tight. They marry eachother in almost disturbing ways. Talk about being in-bred! *temporarily ignores restrictedsection.org and WeasleyCest Appreciation threads*

I agree with Amelia Bones as a possible MoM candidate. She's definitely got the enough insight, and resources to be MoM. If Bones doesn't become MoM; anyone in the OoTP in a high ranking position in the ministry have high chances as well. I never thought Arthur would become MoM ; at least while Harry was at Hogwarts. Perhaps long after the war, Arthur will recieve the recognition he deserves, but a guy in a corner office suddenly becoming a head figure seems unrealistic to me.

Zahri

Child of Canon
HSC
minapotter said:
H/G? 0_0 *RUNS AWAY SCARED* Ohkhay. Will refrain from telling you how awful I think H/G is because er, it brings out the bad in everyone.

I agree that The Good Old Days are over. I absolutely loved Angua and Falcon. I still think I follow Angua's LJ and the whole "I'm the Captain! Follow me! Hear me roar!". Am sorry to say; but her R/Hr essays not only make me punch a hole in the wall; but they're annoying as well. I've read many essays on ships but her essays just make me want to scream because of her tone!

Although she may be classified as a BNF; I think she only recieves the recognition of a BNF due to her, well, er, wankiness and her posts at FAP. Well, Angua's Long and Obssessive quest in search for the true identity of Fandom Scruples, her comments on the fandom Black List. Wow. I love Angua. Wah. Call me insensitive but I do miss the BNF DeathMarches.

FAP ship threads are boring these days, ever since they made the VENOM threads and the Can't Stand (insert ship name here) threads. And, most of all, er, Pumpkin Pie and The Good Ship temporarily holding truce? Posting in eachother's threads? Deciding to put eachother's ship names in their thread names? What has the world come to?

I can understand why an OBHWFer would hate the K2K theory. If I was one; I'd rip the guts of the person who suggested it in the first place (a figure of speech please don't hurt me). Well there are quite alot of stupid theories in HP fandom. Such as the "Ron is Dumbledore" and "Ron and Hermione were secretly going out in GoF and OoTP"(sorry if you support this theory) theory. To make it fair I'll take a theory out of my ship: the Hippogriff is love theory. I mean, the entrance of corned-beef loving otters who live in Bristol thing was hilarious. *loffs JKR*

Speaking of who-is-tied-to-whom in canon; honestly these pureblood families have got it tight. They marry eachother in almost disturbing ways. Talk about being in-bred! *temporarily ignores restrictedsection.org and WeasleyCest Appreciation threads*

I agree with Amelia Bones as a possible MoM candidate. She's definitely got the enough insight, and resources to be MoM. If Bones doesn't become MoM; anyone in the OoTP in a high ranking position in the ministry have high chances as well. I never thought Arthur would become MoM ; at least while Harry was at Hogwarts. Perhaps long after the war, Arthur will recieve the recognition he deserves, but a guy in a corner office suddenly becoming a head figure seems unrealistic to me.
I do love how mentioning I'm H/G always immediately raises everyone's barricades. It's funny like that; any outside observer would (rightly) place the biggest divisions as the R/Hr - H/Hr split, but they would be unlikely to notice how a H/Ger admits to being such and a whole group of people suddenly pretend the person: a) doesn't exist; and b) has a mind full of Harry and Ginny having a dozen babies (and starting during school). I swear, it's all Imogen's fault. If she had never written Carpe Diem, the rest of the fandom wouldn't be so ready to believe that we're all emptyheaded twits.

If Angua makes you punch walls, Pallas Athena and Falcon make me kick through the skirting board. I think it's actually a good reaction - we probably wouldn't despise each other so much if that tiny little bit didn't ring annoyingly true.

The creation of VENOM really milked the poison out of FAP. And it was the centre of the debates - CoS Forums have nothing on the original DeathMarches. As for the truce - I'm certainly not involved. I'm polite in public, but I'd never play at thead-visiting. It's just a way to see something that will ruin your day.

If I may be so bold, can I please add the daft "Draught of Peace" theory to the "Are they on CRACK?" pile? As well as "Harry and Ginny are going to go out because they parallel James and Lily" - I hate the theory and it gives my ship a bad name. I'll certainly let you add "Ron and Hermione were secretly dating in GoF and OotP" - there is a slight possibility that something was going on at the end of the year, but it doesn't really count as it would almost certainly be post-Ministry and therefore a topic for HBP. As for Hippogriffs! *sigh* That, the Great Semicolon Debate and TOAST never cease to amuse me. ('pologies if you believe in TOAST)

Arthur becoming Minister only works if you kill half of the Ministry first.

And isn't Dellevue lucky! She's currently so far over the moon that both TLC and SQ have sent out rescue missions to her.

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
I think the spread of Carpe Diem didn't start with the opposing shippers. I think I first heard about it when I was lurking on the threads at FAP. In fact, very few opposing shippers have read it I think. I think they've just overheard conversations on it from other shippers like myself. Being a OBHWFer, I thought Carpe Diem would be equivalent to Hero with A Thousand Faces for us H/Hr shippers, i.e. Ship Bible. If Carpe Diem isn't your ship bible, then do you have a ship bible? *eyes*

I agree that we'll get along fine if we despise Angua, Falcon and their minions. Although ship wars are one of my guilty pleasures, I think we can lead a ship debate without having to throw chairs at eachother. Do they have ship wars at the CoS forums? I just have a general prejudice against Mugglenet and CoS forums because, well, the quality of the debates aren't as high as those of FAP; but if there are ship debates going on; I wouldn't mind contributing.

I think the number of "Are they on Crack?" theories are infinite. Although I did enjoy The Great Semicolon and The Great Hyphen debate. *wimpers*.

Delleve is definitely very lucky :). Everyone wants to be her. And her comments at TLC are hilarious. Is Delleve a shipper? It didn't occur to me why she'd hang around SQ. Hmm. If she's on the Good Ship; you'd know because the shippers would be gloating.

Do you have plans for HBP yet? Er; besides reading it? I mean, are you planning to go to a particular bookstore? Because I'd love to meetup and squee with a fellow fan.

Zahri

Child of Canon
HSC
minapotter said:
I think the spread of Carpe Diem didn't start with the opposing shippers. I think I first heard about it when I was lurking on the threads at FAP. In fact, very few opposing shippers have read it I think. I think they've just overheard conversations on it from other shippers like myself. Being a OBHWFer, I thought Carpe Diem would be equivalent to Hero with A Thousand Faces for us H/Hr shippers, i.e. Ship Bible. If Carpe Diem isn't your ship bible, then do you have a ship bible? *eyes*

I agree that we'll get along fine if we despise Angua, Falcon and their minions. Although ship wars are one of my guilty pleasures, I think we can lead a ship debate without having to throw chairs at eachother. Do they have ship wars at the CoS forums? I just have a general prejudice against Mugglenet and CoS forums because, well, the quality of the debates aren't as high as those of FAP; but if there are ship debates going on; I wouldn't mind contributing.

I think the number of "Are they on Crack?" theories are infinite. Although I did enjoy The Great Semicolon and The Great Hyphen debate. *wimpers*.

Delleve is definitely very lucky :). Everyone wants to be her. And her comments at TLC are hilarious. Is Delleve a shipper? It didn't occur to me why she'd hang around SQ. Hmm. If she's on the Good Ship; you'd know because the shippers would be gloating.

Do you have plans for HBP yet? Er; besides reading it? I mean, are you planning to go to a particular bookstore? Because I'd love to meetup and squee with a fellow fan.
Carpe Diem (and it's sequels), The Chaser by Firebolt 909 (and it's sequel) and Ginny's Gift (and ITS sequels) by Ashwinder are ship bibles (without capitals) of pre-OotP. Naked Quidditch Match by Anya has cult status, as does Jeconais's reworking of the idea This Means War!. But the true Ship Bible for most H/Gers is still After the End. Just like the R/Hrs. And I bet that you're rolling your eyes and sighing at the sound of AtE.

CoS Forums terrifies me - they have debates, the debates are extremely poor, the quality of posters is not that great and the rest of the forum is NOT GOOD. It was my first HP forum, and I'm still in shock that I managed to stick around to find others.

Definitely the "Are They On Crack?" theories are infinite. *glares at all the ones that say Arthur/Percy/Charlie/FrednGeorge are going to turn and become Death Eaters*

Yes, Delleve is a SQer. Trust me on this. For if forum posts were sound, the posts of the SQ Sub crew looking for their currently most famous member would have ruptured my eardrums.

HBP? I haven't set anything yet. I was thinking of maybe going into the city - depending on how things go in January, that might be to meet a few other SQers for a line party. If I don't go to the city, I'll probably be down at Parramatta trying to be at the front of the queue at a bookstore this time - I was second last time, and out-geeked the poor staff member who was trying to drum up interest by a long way. (Come off it, if you can't answer the hard questions from So You Think You Know Harry Potter without blinking, you really shouldn't call yourself a major fan, and he was asking some of the EASIER ones. Like "Who is Stan Shunpike". Really.) And lent my wand to some little kids to play with for a bit.

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
Yes. Indeed I was rolling my eyes at the mention of AtE. *still rolls her eyes*. I've heard of Ashwinder, but was never exposed to the, well, general high status of it. And indeed Anya's great with Naked Quidditch (one of the OBHWF fics I actually like). After the End. *sigh*. I'm not sure what attracts you to your OTP; but I think you'll agree with me that ships aren't oriented from its relevance to canon. It's merely one's incline and one's perceptions of a "Well Suited Couple". Only after this is established can one actually say that their OTP issocanon.

Who do you think will be Quidditch Captain in HBP? I mean, I completely support Harry for Quidditch Captain, but Katie Bell is also a likely candidate.

Ooh, there are SQers in Sydney who are also as knowledgeable of fandom? I'd love to meet them! Last time I was at a Line Party at a bookstore in Central and I enjoyed it immensely. I still don't know which bookstore I'll be at; but I'm sure I'll get there well before the 9 am release. I predict that it's going to be a 9am release like last year. I'd love to come to the line party you and the SQers are/or not planning to attend.

Haha. Sounds alot like my line party. Although we ignored the stupid trivia ("What's a galleon?") going on, theorized who was going to die in OoTP and read The Draco Trilogy out loud on our camping chairs. :D. Although if I don't go to a line party; I'll probably go to the bookstore in Glebe. Last year they hosted this big event where a steam train picked them up from Central and took them to the bookstore. Although there are too many kiddies there as well... *thinks*. Oh well.

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
minapotter said:
I see what Mizz Smee was trying to say: you mean, like the prospect of Hadgrid being the HBP. He's not a half blood wizard, he's a half blood giant, ergo he could be the HBP. But what could apply to Neville? *thinks*

Wahh. I hope it isn't a new character either. No room for speculation then. Meep.
i like the idea that the HBP may be Hagrid, it sorta fits in a little with OoTP (at least in my mind anyway)

Zahri

Child of Canon
HSC
As far as Ashwinder goes: she was a Queen, she was a fic-writing Queen, therefore her ficcage is considered part of the ship bible.

Shipping definitely subjective and not completely based on canon. I can argue the canonness of my choices as well as any, (though not as well as Acemyth and his incomparable essay, which does the LOVELY thing of calling H/Hr's and H/Ger's alike in the way we both believe we have the setup, the characters just have to get a move on and DO SOMETHING!)

As far as Quidditch Captain goes, I'm not sure: as far as I'm concerned, it could be Harry, Ron, Ginny or Katie who gets the job. I wouldn't pin my money on any of them. I like to think it's either Ron or Ginny, mostly because of the "Well, [Ron]'s already there! The question is, whether the new Quidditch Captain will allow him to stay!" quote from the World Book Day Chat, but that's just me. I can just see Ginny threatening to kick Ron off the team.

We have a good almost-dozen Quillers in Sydney that we know of. More than several of whom's opinions and views I have great respect for. Like I said, I have no clue if we're going to try and have a line party - it's something we're probably going to discuss in January. I do so love how half the bookstores act as if the only interested parties are 6 years old. And discussing the likely deaths is an eminently feasible thing. And as I can't ever say anything polite about CC and the DT, I won't even attempt it. Whatever we do, there will be too many kiddies.

I wouldn't mind actually attending a lineparty with some other fans, even if they are spawn-of-the-devil oppositionists. It'll keep us warm, having loud arguments and quoting scenes as evidence from memory.

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
Ooh, thank you for the high compliments previous posters, Amoz and Nicko. Merry Christmas to everyone who reads it, because it's officially beeen four hours since Christmas Day. I am actually very bewildered that I'm having a very content based HP canon and fanon discussion in a forum totally irrelevant. But I am loving it very much!

For Quidditch Captain; I find it highly unlikely that either Ron or Ginny will get the captainship *ducks* because of the WBD quote and the fact that Ginny was never officially in the Quidditch team and her sudden promotion would seem alot like Arthur being MoM. But I don't know what goes around in a OBHWFer's head (I don't really want to either), so I'll leave it at that.

Hmm; which brings me to- Head Boy and Head Girl. I think fandom agrees mostly that Hermione will become Head Girl, but for Head Boy; I think fandom is evenly divided between their favorite HP boy. (Harry, Ron, Draco, Seamus, Neville, Moaning Myrtle (yes surprisingly she's a he) etc). Of course I like the idea of H/Hr as Head boy and Head girl because it'd be nice :D (think of the "Head Student Duty" walks at night! *squee*). But if I speak from a completely ship neutral POV, it's good to argue that although Dumbledore would nominate Harry as Head Boy; he'd decline it because, well he's had enough and he's got More Important stuff to do. Ergo, the Head Boy-ship will go to Ron.

I think some have the theory that if Hermione by any chance dies during the series; R/Hr and H/Hr will have a massive truce and become R/H shippers (yes I mean Ron and Harry) and declare slash to the Whole Wide World.

Ooh, YES! If you guys don't mind having a er, enemy/opponent whatever you like, around, I'd love to join you and the SQers! There are more than a dozen pumpkiners in Sydney as well but most are too old for me to hang around with comfortably in RL. Erk. For OoTP I recall; my friends were sitting in camp chairs taking turns reading "The Good Bits" from DT and the PoU series which forced the kiddies and mummies to move toward the back of the line; so that saved the arm strength (GET OUT OF MY WAY!) and the whinage (I WANNA BE HARWEEE!). Erk; but I promise I will be very generous with my treats! (Starbursts, lime wands, BBEFB etc). *bribes*

Hmm; please let me know when they discuss it!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Ya know, I haven't slept since.........well, for about 36 hours. I'm not very....uhh, whats the world.....Nup, it's gone.

Suffice to say, everything about the theorys and K2K (wtf?) has gone *woosh* over my head.

But then, most of these theories I don't really buy into, just the few I concoct myself that usually make zilch sense, but keep me ammused.

As for HBP, nah, I'll get it from the airport, WHSmith and get my discount! Even if it's cheaper at BigW, the fact I can get a discount is enough to keep me happy...

Also, you know the lovley Boxed hardback set, with JK Rowlings' signature embosed in gold on the front? They will release the next two in the same style, wont they??? Because I'm buying them next week, but I don't want to be missing the last two in that style....

And guess what?? I went to America week or so ago, and got a free VIP tour of Warner Bros (Go my mum for winning it and taking me!) and went to the Harry Potter Museum! It was very very exciting! Had prothestics from the CoS, costumes from PoA, the set from PS of 'Under the Cupboard', Honeydukes lollies, a Dementor! THE SORTING HAT! (which sorted me into Huffelpuff....) It was awsome, time of my life in that place! Mind you, it was one of two good things on my trip there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)