Omg- Harry Potter 6 is complete! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
did the sorting hat actually talk? i thought it was just an animation...

ha! hufflepuff, are you proud?

Zahri

Child of Canon
Floating past the Pillar of Storgé in the Mystic K
HSC
Thanks for the compliments, guys. Merry Christmas to you all - it's the only celebration, along with Harry's birthday, that has consistently made it into the books. Best wishes for the day, and hope that this tradition continues.

On the subject of Ginny - she's a nicer character to have around than Cho. Can we both agree on that? (And terminally upset the half a dozen poor H/C shippers that still exist and truly believe that Harry and Cho are going to get back together in the next book)

Head Boy and Girl - Despite my love for seeing Hermione and Neville as Head Girl and Boy (I was one of those who was hoping for Nev to get Prefect), I'm actually hoping for Ernie Macmillan and Hermione to get the roles. What I'm expecting is for Ron and Hermione to get it, but that will heavily depend on the content of this next book. I'm afraid that, after Dumbledore's explanation in OotP, Harry isn't even in the running for Head Boy. But your ship may keep your Head Student dreams. Mine, after all, already has "Prefect Meetings".

I'm still wondering if Jo's going to pull the other one and render 9/10ths of fandom speechless by having someone other than Hermione be Head Girl, but she was so predictable about Prefectship, and I simply can't think of another candidate. After all, the next three most developed girls in the series are not in Harry's year. Which really leaves Pansy Parkinson and Susan Bones as your options, and as choices they're pretty pathetic.

I'll agree to that 'if Hermione dies' truce occuring - H/R puts a smile on my face. But Jo is unlikely to do it - she already has half of us to contend with if she picks one ship - can you imagine her choosing to have ALL of us after her?

Most of the SQers are well older than me, too. There are two (I think) who are our age, however. It's so hard to find those our age in Sydney - I did know most of the major fans at my school, but one was a mild D/Her, several were of the casual orientation who refuse to touch fandom, and the others were more interested in the Malfoys and Riddle than any of the Gryffindors.

I saw your post about petitioning Dymocks in the city for a party - that sounds like a good plan. I don't mind meeting up with the opposition - it's far nicer to actually be able to discuss theories that I despise than be surrounded by small children who only know spells that have been in the movies and are really to small to be reading the end of GoF, let alone OotP and HBP (the 'look I'm wearing one of those crappy HP robes' kids who want to be Hermione/Harry/Draco so they can do magic. Give me a mini Tonks or a kid pretending to be Dobby anyday). We could even do the unthinkable and read parts of favourite fics to each other - I must confess I have read one or two H/Hr fics that I've liked, but they have been under very strict conditions and needed to fill several criteria, and even then I've got the habit of swapping names in my head when anything more than handholding happens.

Speaking of Tonks, I'm considering dressing up as her. Mostly because I've been meaning to make/get a Weird Sisters' tshirt since OotP, and because anyone who can recognise the costume gets instant brownie points from me.

Josephine

HSC
Firstly, merry Christmas to everyone, hope you're all having a great day :)

Regarding Ginny: she's definitely nicer than Cho, but she's not really on my favourite character list. It just seemed kind of weird that she's a fully developed character in OotP (stemming from that fact that Harry hasn't really noticed her before now)... I much prefer Luna, she's a much more interesting and intriguing character.

With the Head Boy and Girl, I would absolutely love to see Harry and Hermione get the roles ^^ Ernie Macmillan would be an alright Head Boy - he's decent and he's got good grades, but I rather think Harry would be best suited to the role as he's a natural leader. But cos of Dumbledore's reasons for not giving him prefect, I doubt he'd even be considered, although being Head Boy would put him in a good position to lead the school in the case of Dumbledore's absence. The only way I see Hermione not becoming Head Girl is if she refuses, in order to help Harry more. I dunno who would replace her though.

Converting to H/R? Forgive me while I feel squicked out lol. I'm an H/Hr shipper through and through ^^ I wonder what JKR would have to say on the subject. That's if she hasn't been killed by all the fans.

I have to admit that After the End is one of the only OBHWF fics I've read, and that it actually is well written, even though I was thinking the whole way through that H/Hr would work so much better. I guess I just don't like OBHWF and how everything just ties up so neatly.

What do you think on Ron's injury from the brain at the end of OotP? What kind of effects would it have on him? I think it'd be an interesting plot point for JKR to explore... I thought that maybe the brains were of people who had been memory charmed perhaps? Or of previous Death Eaters.

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
Yay! Jojo! You've come once again! (Sorry about yesterday, or more like today's incident which will not be mentioned. But I was a Zombie today.) Merry Christmas guys and I hope you're all having a fantastic day so far! Remember to go out for a walk to releae those full bellies. Zahri; I notice you've found the way to my LJ! I didn't know you had one! *adds to friends list* If I had known I would have added you long before.

Well; to be blatantly honest, Ginny and Cho are very different people in terms of the people in my hate list. My hate for Cho is rather kinetic and is oriented from my annoyance with her in OoTP and the way she treats Harry like he's beneath her. But I guess she reflects the commonly stereotyped teenage girl today. On the other hand, my hate for Ginny is rather the opposite; i.e. kinetic. It has originated from the love of my ship and the hatred of YOUR OTP and it being rather cliched, and icky. Cassandra Claire posted this on the day of the release of OoTP.

epicyclical said:
I hate Ginny even more than I did before. Before, she had no personality to speak of. Now she has one, and it's annoying. Rather than blossoming into her own character, she seems to have become a girl version of her brothers. Ron with breasts. I was also annoyed that much of the character development we got re: Ginny came in the form of information imparted through others. Fred and George telling Harry how great Ginny is at hexing, Hermione telling Harry how Ginny always used to steal her brothers' brooms and go flying, as if JKR realized that in fact she had so far completely failed to characterize Ginny in any meaningful way and is info-dumping on us through her characters in a desperate attempt to show us that Ginny Really Was Secretly Cool All Along. Also, the one thing I ever thought might make a relationship between Ginny and Harry interesting - her connection to Voldemort - was discussed and dismissed in a page, doubtless never to be revisited. I wouldn't say the H/G ship has sunk, but any hope of a palatable H/G romantic arc is out the window. If it does happen, it will be as vile as I always feared.
It does sum up my feelings rather well. :D .*feels your dislike for Cassie*

Ha! Ernie MacMillian for Head Boy! It reminded me of Head Boy campaigns on RPG. I can definitely see him being Head Boy. But I don't think JKR would put anyone else other than Hermione at the position of Head Girl. Funny Zahri; because the thing Dumbledore told him at the end of OoTP about Harry's prefectship is what made me think that Harry'd be Head Boy. I guess interpretations are different and we'll read whatever we seem plausible into canon.

Ron's campaign

Ron's campaign 2

Draco's campaign

Ernie's campaign

Pansy's campaign

Whee! Line parties leave warm fuzzy feelings inside me. They are the very height of anticipation. Ooh, a Tonks costume! I have ordered my PoA duplica Gryffindor robe and tie which I will hopefully wear to the release. When PoA was released I wore a shirt that had the PoA poster and a list of fanlistings at the back . I had an idea that I'd dress up as Snape for the release since I have the dark looks; but I can't bear the thought of being OC in my snape gear. Imagine. Severus jumping up and down, hyperventilating and squeeing. Sorry White Rabbit if the word "Severus" attracted your attention. :D

I actually went to Dymocks again and they said that they don't have anything planned yet and they won't till the Australian distributor (I think Gryffin Press) releases the details formerly. Must ring them. You can too. Their website is here. And their phone number at the branch at Chatswood is 9412 6111. Give them a call and make sure they understand! (After the break of course).

I'm off now. :D

Last edited:

Zahri

Child of Canon
HSC
*bursts into hysterical laughter at some of the pictures* Oh dear!

NOT A BOY!

Josephine, it's lovely to meet you.

Right, Ginny protection time. If hasn't already become obvious, I've been an ardent supporter of Ginny for a long time. As in, since CoS. And some of my favourite scenes include her. True, quite a bit of her development came from obsevations of her brothers and comparisons to them. This is not necessarily a bad thing. However, Ginny';s OotP character didn't come out of nowhere. The girl who went to the Quidditch World Cup was, in many ways, the same revealed Ginny, only toned down. A good deal. And hidden by her two years of crush. Mina, I don't mind you hating Ginny because of your ship. I'm not particularly thrilled about it, but I can understand it. Part of my hatred of, say, Draco, is definitely amplified by D/G. Sorry. I just need to go scrub my mind for a moment to get rid of the memories of bad D/G. And I'm not going to touch the Cassie stuff.

Better now. Josephine, Jo would have to use all that armed protection she joked about after the Mark Evans fiasco if she actually killed Hermione. Speaking of that, do you ever wonder if the whole ship war thing is actually going to end in a big trick, like Neville/Hermione? Because I could live with that.

The brain injury? I've read some interesting ideas about it. Practically, though, I think Madam Pomfrey managed to heal most of the injury done by the thoughts. Ron might just end up with some really cool scars on his arms, however.

I like Ernie for Head Boy. He's so.. pompous. And funny.

I think, for the moment, I'll just email Dymocks. Rather regularly. When it gets a little closer I might join in telephoning.

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
I edited the entry with the pictures and made the pictures show up as links rather than images because they were ticking me off. Besides, I wouldn't want to waste bandwith on an unworthy soul as myself. ;) Whoever knew? Pasny is GirlPower, or more BoyPower!

Hmm; I didn't think the H/G shippers were worrying too much about D/G. Being an ardent H/Hr shipper, sometimes it annoys me to see so much D/G being associated with H/Hr. I mean, I do love Draco, but it only extends to fanon!Draco. I've never felt any love for canon!Draco. Possibly sympathy, but never love. Which brings me to my next question: Have you ever read the Draco Trilogy or did you just hear about it? Just out of interest. Nothing else.

Neville/Hermione? Hmm. I dont know now. Would I rather have it than Ron/Hermione or Harry/Ginny? I don't know that either... *thinks* Oh Dear. This is hard.

As of what happens to Ron due to the brain injury; I think that he'd show symptoms of it afterwards, such as sudden headaches for no reason, fainting during the middle of class, etc. I can completely see that coming. Ron may start hearing voices? But I've felt distant to Ron since GoF and I don't know whether he'd have that big of a role (as in major plot involvement) in HBP.

What do you people think "Spinner's End" is? I think the H/Hr shippers agree that it's where Hermione lives; but JKR did say that "Well we've seen them briefly but they're dentists so they're not that interesting " (Royal Albert Hall, June 2003). Hmm.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
how can u be so in depth about harry potter?
i dont get half the stuff ur saying... but i dont want to either
sure i love to read the books and cant wait for #6
but my life does not revolve around harry potter
the book is meant to be enjoyed not analysed and disected everyday
read it enjoy it... dont look for deeper meanings please...

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
theone123 said:
which volume would have to be the best the HP series?
i live #3 the prisoner of azkaban but im sure others will disagree with me
but i must say the movie does not do the book justice
i was happy with the first two movies but this movie seriously dissapointed me...

Zahri

Child of Canon
HSC
Firstly, let me address mizz_smee.

How can we be 'so in depth'? We enjoy the books greatly and spend a lot of time discussing them with our friends. This has led to us spending lots of time on the computer, discussing them with people all over the world. There are actually more geeky ways we could be spending our time. We find it stimulating to discuss ideas and theories about the next two books. We get enjoyment out of dissecting the books to discuss, argue and, sometimes, write essays about. Besides, it's a pretty easy book to find the 'deeper themes' of. You may as well ask why people choose to English Extension 1 and 2, or study literary analysis at university. We enjoy this. And we learn to use proper English on the 'Net because it's extremely hard to be understood and gain the respect of others when you cannot even correspond in a manner that allows other people to work out what you just said.

All right, Mina. Many H/G people have massive feelings of insecurity towards D/G. I have no idea why, but it turns up in our Fanfiction, in our discussions, everywhere. I just have massive feelings of hatred towards the darned ship. No, it's not romantic and it's not Shakespearian and it bloody does not make sense. If Juliet had been possessed because of Romeo's father, she wouldn't have been such an idiot and married Romeo. Really. No buts about it. Their hatred was abstract, so they could overcome it. Draco and Ginny's hatred is real and event-based, and not likely to end because the other is a pretty face.

I have no love of canon!Draco. I have even less love of fanon!Draco. Especially good ol' Leatherpants!Draco. *shudders* The boy is not a mini-Spike. The furtherest I've made it into the DT without abandoning it, again, is (I think) three chapters into DD. And I try whenever I'm feeling particularly masochistic, which is every couple of months. I've read the chapter summaries that someone does - up to about halfway through DS. I'm just not a Draco person.

Spinner's End? The best theories I've read is about it is it being either Fleur's place or about the three Fates who spin lifethread. My favourite idea I've come up with is it's what Aragog calls his neck of the woods (unlikely but fun). It might be the new Headquarters. At any rate, I think we'll be suprised when we see it. Hopefully pleasantly suprised. Or maybe just "Mrs Figg is a SQUIB?!?" shocked.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Sorry White Rabbit if the word "Severus" attracted your attention. :D
LOL, It really did atract my attention too...... :p

As for Ginny, I don't see the problem with her being 'so much like her brothers'. She has, afterall spent her entire life with them. When you have 6 older brothers, you'd look upto them and end up being like a few of them, in Ginny's case, it's Ron and the Twins whom she was undoubtedly closest to. Ginny is the one female student I can stand, the rest grate on my nerves (apart from Hermione, she's alright I suppose). And the commparrison to her siblings happens with most families, siblings personalities and characteristics are always compared, obersvations made etc.

As for the Malfoys, I don't like Draco character, but I do like reading about Lucius. Only because there must be more to him than this blatantly evil person. I'm not saying he's good, far from it, but I think theres more to him than being a DE. (and it means I'll see Jason Isaacs in the next movie :p) I still reckon that most DE are only following Voldemort to gain something beyond him, they are after all mostly Slytherins who 'do anything to meet their ends'. Perhaps Voldemort is simply just another means to an end. In which, the end will always justify the means. Doubt it though, I just like to think theres more to Slytherin as a whole than evilness and becoming DE's. They have to be relativly intelligent to be, as the sorting hat decribes them, 'cunning'.

As for my favorite book, PoA i'd have to say, followed by GoF. I agree the movie was bad when compared to the book, but the movie on it's own was pretty good. I enjoyed it anyway.

Also, what are SQers?

As for the sorting hat, LOL, I dunno if it was the one from the movie, but everything else was props and sets from the film, so perhaps it was. And yes, it spoke, and indeed I am proud. Sort of, I guess... :p

DaRanjed

the best of the series so far?
For me, it's The Goblet of Fire. So much happens there. The 3 tasks + the Yule Ball. Can't wait till the film comes out like November next year...

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
I like Harry Potter. I like disecting it and analyzing it in every way possible. I like looking for deeper meanings. And I won't stop because someone tells me that it isn't the way it's "meant to be". I don't speak nettalk because I don't understand it, I don't know how to use it and I don't want the person reading my writing and wondering what the heck I'm blabbering on about. </vent>

It is interesting to observe that although H/G shippers know that D/G will never become canon, or is likely as Giant Squid/Cho (sorry if you ship this), they are still insecure about it. I think it has something to do with how much of a fanbase it has, and the sheer temptation and lusty side of it. Am I making sense? Maybe not.

The dislike for Ginny originated from her "OMG! HARRY R0X MY S0X" thing which led to a rather non-existant personality; and the sudden "OMG! HARRY DOESN'T ROCK MY S0X" thing in OoTP which led to a existant, but annoyingly existant personality.

I have little love for members of the Slytherin house in canon. But fanon; it's tempting. Most BNFs are from Slytherin!Slash anyway. I don't think there's more to Lucius than "weevil and rich". Although possibly Snape. I felt so sorry for Severus during the pensieve scene in OoTP and my heart just went out to him; but my love for Harry stops me from liking Severus too much. Which brings me to my next question for White Rabbit. Do you read slash? Er, by slash I more mean Snarry? I noticed many fans who like Severus also share a love for Snarry. Sorry for generalising but just my observations.

White Rabbit; SQ stands for Sugar Quill it's an online OBHWF community for fics, art and discussions although mainly R/Hr. It has a reputation for producing Angua, self proclaimed ship captain of the Good Ship, and a few oldbies and mods who are BNFs in HP fandom and have a wide minion basis. Zahri will know more about it more than myself as I am merely a lurker.

Spinner's End is actually a place in England. It's close to a place near "Grainger's Lane" which lead me to think...Granger. I shouldn't get my hopes up too high. I haven't heard the theory about it being Fleur's place. Care to elaborate it? Or link someone who has elaborated it fairly extensively?

DT was what hooked me thoroughly into online fandom and continues to me my "escape fic" ever since. Speaking of which; fandom history. We want fandom history. I read Harry Potter in 1999 and fell in love with it, went on online fandom around 2001, read DT first in 2002, and loving Harry Potter since, and probably till the day I die. I also love Dan Radcliffe.

Zahri

Child of Canon
HSC
You're talking to a H/Ger. Of course I have strong views on Giant Squid shipping (it's a peculiarity of ours, please don't ask). I'm a Dennis/Giant Squid shipper.

I don't know why we fear D/G - it's utterly ridiculous. It's just one of those things.

I do read slash, mostly when I'm in a particular mood. H/D is about the most boring ship I know of - the only stuff I've ever been able to stand is Ari Munami's Lightning Letters and Seamus is Seamus. Mostly because of the ideas in the former and the humour in the latter. The inability, however, of a great deal of the slash community to actually write PG-13 fics is a source of constant woe to me. I don't mind the heavy stuff, but sometimes I'd like to actually be able to read a story without committing to them getting in bed, several times, before the end of the story. As for Snarry - it's better than quite a good deal of the options. I've read most of the classics and better stuff. Still, my current favourite slashfic still has to be AJ Hall's Lust Over Pendle. Mostly because of the way it's so "OMG, the idea is crazy but it works!" Even if it does feature a redeemed Draco.

SQ is basically home to the OBHWF corner of the fandom. Sure, there's Checkmated, the H/G Network and dozens of other, smaller sites, but everyone is registered on SQ forums. And half of the other sites are spinoffs from SQ, or spinoffs from spinoffs. We're famous for being the home of most of the BNFs of OBHWF, for being one of the first major groups to separate from HPfGU and still be around (back in the good ol' days when everyone who was anyone was on the list, because it was the only reliable source of HP discussion). SQ's fourth birthday is coming up in the next few weeks, whereas Fiction Alley is going to turn three. And, for the record, I've never heard of Angua declaring herself as ship captain. Evil Orx, yes. Head of the SQ Debate Team, yes. Several other titles that have slipped my mind currently. But she knows, as well as anyone, that Cap'n Kathy is our Captain, Moey is First Mate and the rest of us are crewmembers, enjoying the ride.

I hadn't heard that about Spinner's End. Isn't it near Dudley? You want to hear the Fleur theory? You asked, remember. Harry is going to leave Privet Drive early, for a happy reason. Naturally, 87% of people instantly think 'birthday party'. But what if it wasn't because of a birthday? What if it was a wedding? Bill marrying Fleur? Because Harry is growing up now, and seeing another aspect of his world would be really neat.

Yes, it's a really OBHWF theory. So?

Fandom history: first read the books in 2000. Found fandom sometime around September 2002 (if I remember correctly). First site was Mugglenet. Found fanfiction sometime in November 2002. Didn't really ship anything to begin with. Found SQ and FA sometime around February, and Gryffindor Tower not long after. Finally had to stop being Swiss and work out what I supported. Realised I'd always unconsciously supported R/Hr. Started on AtE and HQoW, decided that I was definitely R/Hr, and that really I was more interested in H/G. Haven't looked back since.

minapotter

MP@LJ//HP//SW//LOST//
HSC
Wow. You learn something everyday. Note to self: H/G shippers have particular...fascinations for anything/Giant squid. Must not touch sensitive spot. Must not get involved in another ship debate featuring Giant Squid.

I have read some pretty good slash. It's true I have little to no respect for the ship H/D but I have alot of friends aboard that ship so I read alot of H/D. My favorites so far have got to be Aja's Love Under Will and Rhysenn's IP, which are both fantastic. Just to prove I do love fics that are MWPP and not NC17; I'm adding ShoeboxProject to the list because although there are elements of het; I really love the interaction between Sirius and Remus. Oh; how do OBHWFers feel about WeasleyCest? Because you know WeasleyCest is after all very OBHWF.

Speaking of which; the Fleur theory- yes I had this little Bill/Fleur thought creeping up in my head which I chose to ignore...but hey. It does make sense.

Zahri said:
Yes, it's a really OBHWF theory. So?
*coughs and ignores*

Angua declaring herself Ship Captain? Well- maybe I've only heard this bit of interesting trivia because I hang around her LJ. Alot. Well; not just because I like to laugh at her entries but because she used to post alot about US politics and she was also very left wing...ohkhay. I'm rambling. She just calls herself "Cap'n" and alot of her minions who follow her around with distinctive names and icons call her "My Captain" or something very similar. Although I know that she isn't really an official captain as such. Woe my love for angua the militant R/Hr shipper is so strong! Woe!

I love her essays which are always "Ron and Hermione's Relationship Is Clearly Canon As When Observing Canon, They Are Having A Relationship, The Feeling May Not Be Mutual, But Ron Likes Hermione, And On Rare Occasion They Actually Relate To Eachother. But Who Gives A Flying Fuck. It's Canon." Ohkhay. Will stop going on about Angua. Will stop going on about Angua.

Zahri; about your Fandom History; so, AtE was your first fic? Am I right? I have to admit my very first experimental fic was R/Hr and Harry/OC. And it was a badly written teenage fic although at the time I loved it. Poor me :( .

HBP is released on 7/16. Although I would love a licence plate like that :)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
HBP is released on 7/16. Although I would love a licence plate like that
16/7! Unlike america, our date format is logical ie date/month/year.

Yeah, Im not a big fan of fanfiction. I've read a few that have been decent, but generally I'm going to agree with Argonaut, most of it does suck. It's good when I'm bored and can find a good story, but they are so few and far between I haven't even tried from a while...

As for slash, no, don't like snarry. It, aside from turning my favorite character into a paedophile, basically, it's just wrong. I don't see any of that kind of behavior redeeming or whatever people put it forward as, it's just morally and legally wrong. LOL, and no worries, generalise all ya like, mate :p

I've liked Snape ever since PS. I'd never been a big fan of Harry, so the way Snape treats Harry doesn't really matter to me ;) No, it's more I find Snape alot more interesting than Harry. But then, when you compare an 11-year-old to a 30-year-old, the latter is bound to have a few more layers. You see, Snape is like an Ogore. And Ogores are like Onions. They have layers and more importantly, they make people cry. ;)

He has never been black and white, from the first book, he was saving the life of someone he hated, and yet he still did it. As the books went on, and we learn more of him, we understand him less, and thats why I like him, you never know what side he's on, wether it be Voldemorts, or Dumbledore's or maybe - and quiet possibly - he's screwing everyone over to save himself, or he's just fighting for himself. He's complex and mysterious which is something very few characters can claim. They're either good or evil with no room for interpretation.

Which also brings my Slytherin thing in. While I agree that in cannon, the characters we mainly see - ie Malfoys, Lestranges, Crabbes, Goyles, Pansy etc - are all pretty horrible. But, you also have to remember, it's through Harry's eyes we see em', so his natural hatred of the house will make him bias, to target those truly horrible people within tis house. There are bullies and nasty peices of work in his own house, I think his trip into the pensive will show that nasty Gryffindors do indeed exist. Peter Pettigrew shows that those other than Slytherin do become death eaters. And up until OotP, I think most people, even myself, would have agreed the hexing and what not was a two way street, but that one little Pensive scene shows it possibly wasn't. I would have expected that Snape would have been attacked as pay back, but according to James, it was 'more the fact he exisits'. While it doesn't proved a good reason for turning out like he did (although, I'm hoping we do get more background in the next two books), it does show James and Sirius for the bullies they were, and that the Slytherins aren't always the bad guys.

But then, they have always been the 'outcast' house, the evil ones under the lake. From the moment they enter Slytherin they're somehow below the rest of the school. The loss of a Slytherin isn't as bad as the loss of a Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw or, god forbid, a Gryffindor. You can tell, in the eyes of most, lossing Slytherins are seen as acceptable losses, in order to save the other three houses. The way Snape favors his house is a little more than just 'keeping up apperances', probably pay back too. Undoubtly through school, everytime something went wrong when he and MWPP were around, he got the blame, even if it clearly wasn't his fault. Much like he places blame on Harry when Draco does something and he knows it was Draco.

The fact that so many Slytherins end up as DE is a testiment to how little the school as a whole cares, imo. Sure, you have your Malfoys that are bound to end up following LV, but nobody has even tried to deter them, or help them, as far as we can see.

Once again, I just see Slytherin as being more complex than any other house. People see 'cunning' and 'ends justify the means' and think evil. Then you see Snape who uses his cunning to fool Voldermort, and his 'end justifies the means' attitude is that no matter what happens to him, as long as he keeps spying LV just might meet his end, even if it means saving his school day enemy's kid alive, saving him from situations he constantly gets himself into.

So, as far as I'm concernced, Slytherin isn't evil, its just the schools perception of the house. They're by no means an 'angel' house, but they have no inbuilt characteristic that would turn them evil, it's that they are told they are the evil house. They're told that enough and they believe it.

Well, that made very little sense, but I felt a need to defend Slytherin because I don't think they're as evil as they're made out to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)