Omg- Harry Potter 6 is complete! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
she has told people that the half blood prince is not voldemort or harry
so until the book comes out it is up to imagination to think who it could be

Josephine

HSC
I enjoy fanfiction, when you manage to sift through all the bad ones and find the good ones. It depends where you go. 95% of fanfiction.net houses really bad writing, but the other 5% of writers are quite good and often put their fanfics up on other sites. And some of the really famous ones, like Lori Summers for the Paradigm series, and Ebony for the Paradise series, are actually writers in real life (or writers-to-be).

Regarding slash, I don't read it. It kind of squicks me out, and I can't see it being possible in canon, except for maybe Sirius/Remus - I can see where that is coming from. The only one I really read is the Shoebox Project which Mina mentioned (hi Mina! *hugs*) which is absolutely hilarious and really explores their relationship as "friends".

I agree with White Rabbit about the houses and all. The houses are all so stereotyped, sorting students into them isn't really the best way to go about running a school since it forms such an integral part of life. And being in Slytherin, with so many fellow students coming from Dark Arts families, I'd imagine it would be terribly difficult to stand up for yourself. And you have to note that HARRY was about to be put into Slytherin - he has those qualities as well. I think it ironic that Crabbe and Goyle were put in Slytherin, when they have absolutely no sense of "cunning". Hmm. At least the divisions between the houses are beginning to blur a bit, what with Harry realising that his dad and Sirius were as much bullies as Draco, and the Sorting Hat's warning. The "good" people complain so much about prejudice, when they themselves are prejudiced. I hope in HBP that Harry allows Slytherins into the DA (if it's still being continued), or at least convinced to, and realises that people can change.

Snape is a really interesting character as well, ditto to everything that White Rabbit said ;)

My fandom history: started reading books in 1999 at the insistence of a friend, wasn't really obsessed with it too much until the first movie came out in 2001. I started posting at Fan Forum, where I started shipping H/Hr cos it made perfect sense :D Started reading fanfiction at around the same time, I can't really remember what fic I read first, I think it was some kind of D/Hr one from FF.net. Have no idea why lol.

klh

HSC
has anyone managed to work out some clues given by JKR?
I mean she has given us 3 titles of the chapter, one of them called Felix Felicis [ref: HP lexicon]
and that they need a new DADA teacher, so would it be safe to assume that maybe he is the new DADA teacher? Its possible, maybe even probable.

EDIT:This might not be the right place, but i was reading OotP and i just wanted to ask what you guys thought about what dumbledore was mumbling about when harry just had his dream of Mr. Weasley being attacked by the snake and Dumbledore says: 'but in essence divided?" and a serpent divides into 2.

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
maybe, if he's DADA teacher, he won't be killed/memory erased/locked in a chest for the year/exposed as a werewolf/look like a toad? Maybe, if he's really lucky, he'll last more than the year......?

As for the houses, I reckon Slytherin and Gryffindor cross over alot in reguards to characteristics. While the Gryffindors are seen as 'brave', Slytherin as 'means justifies the end', I think they are essentially are the same thing -- although, Gruffindors are reckless wereas Slytherins are rather clever in their ways. Just Gryffindors are the 'good' house in the wizarding world.

And yes, Crabbe and Goyle -- I have NO idea. I guess it was a lack of anywhere better. Though, they do seem to be very loyal to Malfoy, perhaps Hufflepuff would have been a better choice for them... ;)

lala2

Banned
HSC
sorry, i didn't finish reading this thread, but maybe the half-blooded prince is voldemort himself? he is half-blooded...haha, what if voldemort really had royal blood? (hmmm....)

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I'm a bit late, but who wants a screen shot?

Last edited:

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
lala2 said:
sorry, i didn't finish reading this thread, but maybe the half-blooded prince is voldemort himself? he is half-blooded...haha, what if voldemort really had royal blood? (hmmm....)
It was actually stated by JK Rowling on her website when she announced the title of the book that the half-blood prince is neither Harry nor Voldemort.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
who plays cho chang in the new harry potter movie? she better not be ugly.

i heard somewhere that boa was gonna play her. care to elaborate?

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
nicko88 said:
who plays cho chang in the new harry potter movie? she better not be ugly.

i heard somewhere that boa was gonna play her. care to elaborate?
Her name is Katie Leung. As far as her looks go... decide for yourself.

I personally don't think she's that good looking, or at least not as hot as what she's made out to be.

Last edited:

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
PaleReflection said:
Her name is Katie Leung. As far as her looks go... decide for yourself.
I personally don't think she's that good looking, or at least not as hot as what she's made out to be.
i dont think that she was exactly portrayed as "hot" in any sense. i think it was just that harry thought she was a reeli pretty girl and liked her. i dont think she was neccesarily hot to anyone else she may just have been pretty but harry saw much more than what everyone else seemed to see. thats what i think anywayz.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
you're right...she is ugly. lol, asian girl with scottish accent...

now that's something u don't see everyday.

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
nicko88 said:
you're right...she is ugly. lol, asian girl with scottish accent...

now that's something u don't see everyday.
i never said i thought she was ugly - im just saying that that i dont think she was ever portrayed as "hot"

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I think, with the execption of Sirius (before his incarceration in Azkaban), nobody is really portrayed as 'hot'. Every single character has a whole heap of faults in the way they look. Some are portrayed as 'cute' and decent looking, but the only character that we've been given the idea was really hot was Sirius -- even James was just suppose to be good looking, but nothing overly special. Cedric was suppose to be pretty good, as was Krum. Draco possibly is suppose to be good looking (although, I'm not quite sure...). No girl in the books, apart from Fleur has given the impression that they were gorgeous. (and she was half Veela, so it doesn't count :p) I never got the impression Cho was hot, just that Harry found her attractive...

I think i've seen pictures of the girl playing her, I don't think she's ugly, she still looks like a kid though. (then again, she is only 16, so thats possibly why :p) Sounds like a rich little princess though ;) £5,000 for school? £400,000 estate? Rich kids... LOL.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Ok, let me rephrase myself. When I said hot, I meant pretty - Harry sees Cho as being extremely pretty, I can't be bothered to find the exact quote from the book right now, but from what we can gather, Cho is pretty enough (in Harry's eyes) to distract him.
Now she may not necessarily be pretty to other people, but the way I see it is that the books, and now the movies, are from Harry's perspective. I mean, look at the character of Snape - not every one is going to see him as being as mean as Harry sees him, but in the movies these characteristics are carried through, because we are seeing what Harry sees.
So by this reasoning, I just assumed they would choose someone quite pretty to play Cho, as in GoF we will be seeing Cho from Harry's eyes. Who knows, maybe those pictures don't do her any justice. She'll probably be a lot prettier on screen after makeup etc.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
White Rabbit, you're right she does look young. I have to keep reminding myself that these characters are only meant to be fourteen! I think they already looked older than thirteen in PoA, it's so strange to compare Daniel Radcliffe in the first movie to what he looks like now, he has grown so much!

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
PaleReflection said:
White Rabbit, you're right she does look young. I have to keep reminding myself that these characters are only meant to be fourteen! I think they already looked older than thirteen in PoA, it's so strange to compare Daniel Radcliffe in the first movie to what he looks like now, he has grown so much!
that's def, true - he looks so funny when he was young compared to how he looks now - he is much better looking now then when he was in HP PS. and i had the same thing - i keep forgetting she is only 14 and yeh she does look reeli young but oh well...

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
what about Tom Felton? He was tiny in PS! He's a few years older than Daniel Radcliffe too, I think. He was such a little kid and he's almost 18 now, almost as noticeable as Daniel I reckon.

And yeah, we see everyone through Harry's eyes. It's why Dumbledore is this god-like figure, because it's how Harry seems him and such. I agree with the Snape comment too, PR! He probably is a right bastard, but it's made worse because we see him through Harry's eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)