Omg- Harry Potter 6 is complete! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeno

Xeno
HSC
Fair enough Argonaut...I know it's unlikely and I'm only speculating....perhaps Lucius Malfoy didn't know that his lover was a Muggle....or perhaps it was part of a Deatheater initiation rite or something....although that would be counter-intuitive given that they hate Muggles etc :confused:

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
have to be Naricissa's doing if Draco was a half blood, he shares more in common in reguards to apperance with his mum rather than Lucius.

I thought the same, but with reference to Snape. I reckon he truly does believe the pure blood mantras, and hates himself because of it. Much like something I saw on Doctor Phil when I had way too much time on my hands :p. Also why Voldermort keeps giving him second chances (or so we assume), has less to do with Voldie's stupidity (because, lets face it. Evil he may be, but he is definatly intelligent too) and more to do with the fact their pasts are very similar. He may be an evil bastard, but he was human once...

somechick

HSC
N/A
Here's another theory guys and girls. what do u think?
I think that Remus Lupin must be evil in some way, because he's just too overly nice. Maybe he's undercover for Voldemort in the Order of the Phoenix. Dunno. His character is too shifty it seems.
And yeah, no offence to Hagrid but his character is getting really boring. I reckon he'll die. It's just why she had to kill of Sirius, because she ran out of character stories/pursuits. He had nothing to live for really, James is dead.
I hope he comes back though. He was so cool. He made the books worth reading.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
White Rabbit said:
I thought the same, but with reference to Snape. I reckon he truly does believe the pure blood mantras, and hates himself because of it. Much like something I saw on Doctor Phil when I had way too much time on my hands :p. Also why Voldermort keeps giving him second chances (or so we assume), has less to do with Voldie's stupidity (because, lets face it. Evil he may be, but he is definatly intelligent too) and more to do with the fact their pasts are very similar. He may be an evil bastard, but he was human once...
I was reading GoF last night, about 3/4 through when Barty Crouch (senior) appears in the Forest when Harry is talking to Krum. Harry runs to get Dumbledore, but comes across Snape first, and we are led to believe that Snape's hatred for Harry is clouding his judgement, i.e, he doesn't care that something terrible could be wrong, he just wants to deny Harry something he so desperately wants.

Up until then I had been positive that Snape was reformed and "good", but that made me think, maybe he knew what was going on.
Maybe he really was working with Barty!Moody and their feuding was all a facade. Maybe he knew what was happening with Barty Senior and maybe he wanted to stall Harry so Barty!Moody could get to him in time.
Or maybe I just like my conspiracy theories too much, because I'm sure that later in GoF or when I get to read OotP again I'll find something to contradict myself, lol.
Just some thoughts.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Perhaps, I must admit that scene did make me a little sceptical, but perhaps there was another reason for it. Harry was about to run off to the staff room and thus, waste even more time in his search for Dumbledore, when Snape appeared. His hatred undoubtly clouding his judgment at the time, however, he did get Dumbledore's attention through the screaming match and saved Harry alot of time without appearing that he had helped the boy. Or maybe I just like making up piss poor excuses for Snape too much ;)

He treads a very fine line though, reguardless of which side he is on. And because he his undeniably intelligent and very good at hiding anything he does not wish the world to see, I don't think we'll find out who's side he is on until the very end. Either way, he'll still be my favorite character ;)

Mind you, you could be just being a true Slytherin and doing whatever it takes to survive the war. Thats the thing with Slytherin though, he could be on either side, or playing both sides, and still be true to what JKR described Slytherins as being - cunning, ambitious, means justify the ends sort of people.

I still reckon he's got some psychological problems - namley his hatred of himself - and of course, his paranoia. All in all, he's an interesting bloke though.

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! HP&HBP is availabe for PRE-ORDER at collins bookshop!!!!!!!!!!! im sooo excited!!! i went to tha shops today and saw the sign in collins!!!! OMG IM SO EXITED!!!!! I pre-ordered today. only bad thing is that they dunno how much it will cost yet. the lady who served me said it'd be around $35-$40-ish tho.

somechick

HSC
N/A
lilmzqt said:
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! HP&HBP is availabe for PRE-ORDER at collins bookshop!!!!!!!!!!! im sooo excited!!! i went to tha shops today and saw the sign in collins!!!! OMG IM SO EXITED!!!!! I pre-ordered today. only bad thing is that they dunno how much it will cost yet. the lady who served me said it'd be around $35-$40-ish tho.
yikes thats a lotta money. The OTP was only $30 but heck.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
when they released number 5 you could buy it in kmart for $20
and there was barely anyone there
less then a line up then where i pre-ordered it

somechick

HSC
N/A
mizz_smee said:
when they released number 5 you could buy it in kmart for $20
and there was barely anyone there
less then a line up then where i pre-ordered it
NO WAY!!

Are you sarious?

im so going to kmart..

lol.. *defiantly* and im not a cheapskate otay! just a broke student!!!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
my mum reckons that in the 7th book, something happens and harry is lead to believe that the entire wizard world was a dream of some kind... no ron, hermione, dumbledore... nothing . thats the fucking most lamest theory ive heard yet!!!

and with the HBP, i rekon its just a new character introduced to us all. we dont know him. .. since there are no 'kings' we've been introduced to in any of the 5 books, how can we know of a prince?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
oh and as for the whole one of the characters dying thing... my personal theory is that its aunt petunia. and harry no longer has that 'love connction' with his mum thru petunia. so his chances against voldemort get slimmer.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
It's Remus or Severus that are the HBP. I'm praying it's Severus, but I'd put my money on Remus. Because the Remus theories fly and hold alot more weight than the Severus ones, however, it would be interesting to have Snape revealed as a Half Blood. Still, I bet he's not Pureblood...

Also, BigW it was $20 too...I'm waiting.

Dieing? I hope it's Hagrid.

speedo

HSC
ne1 who thinks remus lupin is the hbp are wrong.... lupin is half breed not half blood as mentioned countlessly in books 3&5

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
yes but the fact that he is NOT full wizard makes him part wizard thus he is half blood. i dont think it is him tho. i think it is a new character.

as for the theory of the whole wizarding world thingy being a dream type thing - that is honestly the lamest way to end a series of any sort! Rowling would never do that! its absolutley ridiculous!

ishq

brown?
HSC
Grawp?
Wasn't there an article somewhere that said that he would play an important role in Book 6&7?
Maybe he will squash an army of Death Eaters and die a valiant death :)

P.S. Its not fair, as someone said before, that Book 6 is released right before the trials!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Lupin's Half-human ...
And your point exaclty?

ne1 who thinks remus lupin is the hbp are wrong.... lupin is half breed not half blood as mentioned countlessly in books 3&5
Wheres ya proof mate? Where does it say that the half blood prince refers to wizarding blood? And even if it does, Remus is still a Half Blood, which has also been mentioned. Though, as lilmzqt pointed out, it could simply refer to half human half something else. Which Remus would also fall under. Going on, since Remus was named after one of the Twins who founded Rome, the story fits. Remus of Mythology didn't know he was royalty till his grandfather found him in a small village and so the story goes.

That was a little strange, usually I'm arguing the evidence of Snape being a Half Blood..... :p

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
The half blood prince could conceivably be any of the characters.

In The Chamber of Secrets, the book that JK herself said was almost going to be about the half blood prince, Ron says a line in the book that makes it to the movie, only to be said by Hagrid. It goes something like this.

"There isn't a witch or wizard alive today who isn't half blood or less."

Since they'd have died if it weren't for muggles. I think the whole point of hlaf blood is not exactly half/half but just blood tainted by Muggle ancestory, like Harry. I mean, his mother was from a muggle family and witches and wizards from muggle families have been coming into the wizarding world and intermarrying magic folk since the days of Hogwarts founding at least (if you read between the lines).

Anyway, I still think they're be more of a catch to the half blood prince than that, but I couldn't help syaing that.

Harry Potter arguments are a frequent occurence at my place and sorry if I fell into the mode I take with my sister.

Anyway, can't wait until uni holidays because that's about when the book comes out. Definetly buying my own copy because I can't stand waiting for everyone else in my family to finish with it, like I did with Order of The Phoenix (Some of the hardest days of my life).

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
Just pre-ordered it from Amazon.com ...

Thankyou American Express :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)