Omg- Harry Potter 6 is complete! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
There isn't a witch or wizard alive today who isn't half blood or less
This always was a little strange to me, seeing as how Sirius points out families like his own, the Malfoys, Lestranges ect are Pureblood only because they inter-bred and marry their cousins and brothers and the family dog ect ect... So, on one hand, you have the above statement, but then, it's pretty much contradicted by Sirius saying that their are indeed purebloods, they just have a few extra chromosones...bit like Tasmainians.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
scuse my ignorance, but isnt this coming out in june?
and if so isnt it a bit to early pre order?

MoNNiE

HSC
Orange Juice said:
scuse my ignorance, but isnt this coming out in june?
and if so isnt it a bit to early pre order?

its comming out 16th july ...

and.. early to order.. hmmm i ordered ootf 6 months early.. and then cancelled cus i saw it on sale on the way to tuition the day it came out..

hey picture release of victor krum..
how do you ppl rate it :p

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/images/2005/01/gofaprilviktorkrum.jpg

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
hmmm i always thought that krum would be blonde but hey thats just me...
he still good looking though

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Blonde? He's Eastern Euro, they're almost never blonde...naturally anyway.

I pictured him looking...dumber. Dunno why... So far only Snape, McGonagall and Trewlany lived up to my expectations.... and Fred and George ;)

magician

HSC
White Rabbit said:
So far only Snape, McGonagall and Trewlany lived up to my expectations.... and Fred and George ;)
Yeah, I'll agree with that. All of them are exactly how I pictured them in my mind when I was reading the novels. :p Particularly Snape and McGonagall.

ishq

brown?
HSC
That cannot be Victor Krum!
I pictured a black haired, gaunt, lanky dude. With a big nose.
Something like Alan Rickman - just darker.

He is way..hmmm...yeah...bulkier...

MoNNiE

HSC

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Worldwide release.

As for the EDT Harry Potter? Hehehe, funny... but sounds like it could be OK. Citrus and Floral, perhaps something similar to Ralph? Or even Echo for Women from Davidoff. Nothing else thats Citrus/Floral comes to mind... wait! Amor Amor from Cacharel, could be similar.

Have a bad feeling its going to be a bit flop like Ralph Cool, True Star or any Tommy Hilfiger and sell only because of the name. Or we might be plesantly suprised, I sure was with Britney... LOL.

jennylim

HSC
hmm, i was thinking aragorn from lotr. but then again i was also thinking gandalf should have stepped in as dumbledore, not that michael gambon!! argh!!

and in response to some posts a few pages back, i'm an SQer and i live in sydney. hahaha, u don't know how good it is to find other like minded souls. erm...so obviously i'm a very very strong R/Hrer. lol...i don't understand how u can ship H/Hr after reading the yule ball? and *ducks flying tomatoes* i admit to being an H/Ger, too.

fanfics i love: AtE, Ashwinder's Ginny's Gift and the sequel, Angua's fic, Alchemilla's the Test of Time, Arabella's HQoW...ok, lots of stuff on SQ lol. but alll R/Hr stuff!! reading about harry and hermione is just so wrong.

what i'm annoyed about is that HBP is released in the holidays before my trials. i bet my asian parents aren't going to let me buy it when it comes out, because i'm bound to read it and waste a day when i could be studying. hmph. well c'est la vie, i guess...

Last edited:

jennylim

HSC
oh...and because i've read a few posts where ppl don't understand the acronyms, i'll just translate a few.

SQ: sugar quill. a website for fanfiction and discussion. home of the good ship R/Hr (ron and hermione as a couple). address: sugarquill.net. people who are members of this are SQers.
OBHWF: one big happy weasley family...the ppl who believe that harry should hook up with ginny, ron with hermione, percy with penelope and so on to create...OBHWF
angua: an SQer who has written several large essays on why harry is not right for hermione, and so on.
R/Hr: ron and hermione. H/Hr: harry hermione. H/G: harry ginny. H/C: harry cho...etc etc etc. you're all intelligent enough to work that out.
AtE: after the end, a really really big fanfic about life after hogwarts and the war. written by arabella and zsenya, the headmistresses of sugarquill.
HQoW: hermione queen of witches...hermione diary fics. really very amusing stuff.

lol....yeah....i'm a pretty big fan of harry potter and harry potter fandom.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Yeah I thought Sirius, Lupin and Pettigrew all looked wrong. And Krum in that picture looks like a footy player, complete opposite of the sort of guy who is supposed to be a quick, nimble seeker.

I just remembered something I read the other day. The first draft or so of Book 6 is finished. Now just five months or so of editing

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
My problem with Sirius was I always saw him as the 'best looking boy in school', which is what he was portrayed as, and I always forgot he spent 12 years in Azkaban.

God that made no sense, pretty much througout all the books, I'd picture what he looked like pre-Azkaban and so, thats why I was let down in PoA, because I never really pictured a Post-Azkaban Sirius.

David Thewlis did an OK Remus mind you.

Ian McKellan did an exellent Gandalf, but I don't think he'd have made a good Dumbledore, mainly because I'd always be seeing Gandalf... I loved Richard Harris' Dumbledore, but Michael Gambon did a decent job, but I liked Richards better, bless his soul.

Hagrid was pretty close, and as much as I like and respect Robbie Coltrane (go Cracker!) Hagrid still gets on my nerves.

Once again though, Alan Rickman, Dame Maggie Smith and Emma Thompson were the only ones who really lived upto my (rather unrealistic) expectations. (It's still makes me laugh, after seeing those Alan/Emma movies when they're married, screwing each other or when they were partners in Judas Kiss, and then thinking 'well, thats Snape and Trewlany together. Hehehe. My god Im so easily ammused)

Lucius wasn't what I expected, but I was, uhh, plesantly suprised, mind you :p (Jason Isaacs, for his age, his hot. :p esspeically with his pimp stick)

MoNNiE

HSC
pimp stick?lol
Lucius was nothing as what i would have imagined to look like..i think it was because of the long white hair :p

i'm kinda not happy with their choice of cho chang >____<

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
LOL! Nah, he was nothing like what I expected... but, like I said. Plesantly suprised ;)

I never gave Cho much thought, so I'm not fussed either way, LOL. Just another plot device that I really didn't care much about ;) Anyway

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
You won't believe this - I just got a sneak preview of Harry Potter from a trusted source:

DRAMATIC Opening! SECRETS!

Harry encounters TROUBLE!

Harry gets together with his FRIENDS and solves the TROUBLE!

We learn that was only the little TROUBLE! And more TROUBLE! is coming SOON!

DUMBLEDORE acts like a NICE GUY! And we all LOVE him for that!

HARRY has Christmas! RON is still POOR! Her-something is still OBNOXIOUS! Snape is still DEMONISED because he doesn’t worship AT THE ALTER OF HARRY! Gasp!

ROWLING rips of from Lord of the Rings and people LOVE IT!

Some more generic FANTASY stuff HAPPENS! The book is now presented in a SCRIPT form to SAVE TIME!

HARRY ALMOST DIES! The power of love SAVES him!

His parents who are meant to be DEAD annoy us FURTHER!

HARRY learns SECRETS!

A minor/major CHARACTER dies!

ROWLING makes another TRILLION!

BUNCH OF BORING STUFF!

END OF CHAPTER ONE.
I must say I'm surprised. Shocked and surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)