OMG What Should I Do? [Cramming] (1 Viewer)

Deathless

HSC
OMG! Today is Sunday, and tomorrow school resumes. I have procrastinated this whole holiday, and I've think I've done too little study and too much Youtubing Stephen Chow films. I have trials in 3 weeks, UMAT in 2 weeks and two big Maths exams also in 2 weeks. A major work due in 2 weeks.

I have done nothing for anything this holiday, except a whole day to English and attending one week of lectures on Modern and Economics; any suggestion how I can cram for Maths and UMAT but still manage to do my major work? What's the best way to cram for Maths, just learn formulas? I've never crammed in Maths before... Also in UMAT, I haven't been able to joni any MedEntry or any practice groups - what is the best way to do last minute preparation?

Thanks

BTW: I'm still watching Stephen Chow's films :( I still haven't found any motivation to practice Maths... How can I get motivated?

tanzaa

HSC
Hahaha I was just panicking myself and going on to BOS to see if anyones got good study methods.
LOVING STEPHEN CHOW TOOOOOO!! (And I've spent (I mean wasted) my holiday youtubing asian movies -_-)

Well I'm in the same situation and my trials are Week 3-4.
What I've done is sort out all the notes and study material that I've gotten from teachers and other sources according to their subject, and put them in an individual pile. So I've got 6 piles for 6 subjects.

This way it's much easier to have access to all your available information as well as keeping track of which subjects you've studied for.

I'm planning to study for 2-3 subjects per day starting from tomorrow for around 4-7 hours altogether. The way I normally study is going through a chapter/topic in the textbook, then doing heaps of questions (past papers, textbooks etc) on that particular part to consolidate my knowledge on it.

Although I've heard a more common method is writing a set of really good notes then just do past papers after that. But I'm sooo short on time I don't think I can afford to write up real good notes haha

Soo yeh that's basically it.
How do you normally study??

Anyways hope you goooooood luck just make the most out of whatever time you've got and it's not too late to study at all.

P.S. just to make you feel better, all of my friends haven't touched a single book this holiday =)

danal353

HSC
Calm down and just do things one step at a time. I had the same problem last year and it's amazing how productive you can be when you have very little time left.

Stop stress and start studying and you'll probably learn more/get more done in the next 2-3 weeks than you have for the past 6 months =)

Good luck!

Nadiaa

HSC
OMG! Today is Sunday, and tomorrow school resumes. I have procrastinated this whole holiday, and I've think I've done too little study and too much Youtubing Stephen Chow films. I have trials in 3 weeks, UMAT in 2 weeks and two big Maths exams also in 2 weeks. A major work due in 2 weeks.

I have done nothing for anything this holiday, except a whole day to English and attending one week of lectures on Modern and Economics; any suggestion how I can cram for Maths and UMAT but still manage to do my major work? What's the best way to cram for Maths, just learn formulas? I've never crammed in Maths before... Also in UMAT, I haven't been able to joni any MedEntry or any practice groups - what is the best way to do last minute preparation?

Thanks

BTW: I'm still watching Stephen Chow's films :( I still haven't found any motivation to practice Maths... How can I get motivated?
i love you because i thought i was the only one in this situation.

assiduous

HSC
I love deathless too. :)
Made me feel better. :)
I have an extended response to do for economics in 8 days worth 20% and i haven't even practised past eco ext. qs yet, still making notes for the ext. response. :( Made like only 12 pages.
I have a chem 15% assessment task on friday (5 days) and i haven't exactly prepared much for it either, i had a booklet i was gonna complete to be ready but i spose i can squeeze that in over the week.
MATHS! I have not touched maths at all these holidays and it's one of my worst subjects. :(

Physics, i meant to get around to learning how to do projectile motion but i never got to it!
If anyone here does PHYSICS, can you explain PROJECTILE MOTION and what each formula is for?

As for english, i'm all good for it, just need to read over my notes for module B.

So, anyone here do physics? who can help me out with projectile motion?

Deathless

HSC
Hahaha I was just panicking myself and going on to BOS to see if anyones got good study methods.
LOVING STEPHEN CHOW TOOOOOO!! (And I've spent (I mean wasted) my holiday youtubing asian movies -_-)

Well I'm in the same situation and my trials are Week 3-4.
What I've done is sort out all the notes and study material that I've gotten from teachers and other sources according to their subject, and put them in an individual pile. So I've got 6 piles for 6 subjects.

This way it's much easier to have access to all your available information as well as keeping track of which subjects you've studied for.

I'm planning to study for 2-3 subjects per day starting from tomorrow for around 4-7 hours altogether. The way I normally study is going through a chapter/topic in the textbook, then doing heaps of questions (past papers, textbooks etc) on that particular part to consolidate my knowledge on it.

Although I've heard a more common method is writing a set of really good notes then just do past papers after that. But I'm sooo short on time I don't think I can afford to write up real good notes haha

Soo yeh that's basically it.
How do you normally study??

Anyways hope you goooooood luck just make the most out of whatever time you've got and it's not too late to study at all.

P.S. just to make you feel better, all of my friends haven't touched a single book this holiday =)

YAY!

lol this is so bad, I'm feeling good because you're doing bad BUT YAY! WE watched Youtubed Asian Movies for the whole holidays, I watched like 4 a day :) [I've watched nearly all the classics and I also managed to watch Shanghai Bund with Chow Yun Fat this holiday, such an accomplishment lol)

I don't think I have made any good notes either, do you (does anyone) want to share 2U notes? I haven't made any formula sheets, but I have for 3U and I'm willing to trade :) Anyone...?

twistedrebel

HSC
YAY!

lol this is so bad, I'm feeling good because you're doing bad BUT YAY! WE watched Youtubed Asian Movies for the whole holidays, I watched like 4 a day :) [I've watched nearly all the classics and I also managed to watch Shanghai Bund with Chow Yun Fat this holiday, such an accomplishment lol)

I don't think I have made any good notes either, do you (does anyone) want to share 2U notes? I haven't made any formula sheets, but I have for 3U and I'm willing to trade :) Anyone...?
I have one, trade?

Deathless

HSC
I have one, trade?
Ok. How should we do it, scan? My 3U notes aren't compiled by me btw (it's from a tutoring centre in which I attend weekly classes; and they're quite good) I'll have to scan mine, is yours on the computer or also needs to be scanned?

klaris

HSC
think of how good it will be to beat all those people you in hate in your trials. motivation, woo

haha and this thread scares me so much for year twelve
/good times

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
calm down.
now get off the computer, get rid of all distractions and start studying.
Tell yourself that you DO NOT want to fail. you DO NOT want to come back saying, "omg why didn't I study?"
now start studying! YOU STILL HAVE TIME

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Quit moping about how little study you have done, organize yourself and just grit your teeth and do it.

tanzaa

HSC
YAY!

"lol this is so bad, I'm feeling good because you're doing bad BUT YAY!"
-_-

I don't have notes but I've got formula sheets for 3U and 2U and its quite basic and thorough. I refer to them when I'm doing any maths homework and stuff.
Anyone want them? I can scan it and send it to your emails or something?

bouncing

HSC
"lol this is so bad, I'm feeling good because you're doing bad BUT YAY!"
-_-

I don't have notes but I've got formula sheets for 3U and 2U and its quite basic and thorough. I refer to them when I'm doing any maths homework and stuff.
Anyone want them? I can scan it and send it to your emails or something?
me :D!!! i have one for 3u but not for 2u - ill pm you my email ? :)

skye_high

HSC
I've watched nearly all the classics and I also managed to watch Shanghai Bund with Chow Yun Fat this holiday, such an accomplishment lol)

LOL, this is irrelevant but is the Chow yun fat one good? i watched the newer one that came out in 08 or 09, it was okay. the chow yun fat version looked so....old
-_-

anyway, dont give up!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Just cram like crazy. Lots of people do it and somehow it works out so it might for you too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)