On Campus Enrolment.. (1 Viewer)

addicts

Officially Insane
HSC
So my academic advising/orientation and enrolment is on tomorrow..

I work full time so i will be doing night classes - if i enrol in my units later in the day, does this mean it may be harder to get the right time for the tutes I want?

What do they tell us in the enrolment prep session/academic advising/academic orientation??
Is it compulsory to go to these? I only ask because Im not completely clueless when it comes to credit points and classes etc as I've been to uni before.. :smile:

P.s Im doing b Comm.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Most students are usually day time students so I don't foresee you'll find much difficulty in getting night classes.

As for the prep/advising it should be fairly straightforward, and the orientation is more designed to hook you up with a Mentor who will be your contact point in case you need further help with anything academic related (services, how you're progressing, general academic support). I'm a bit biased when I say you should probably attend if you can but I do know there is an evening session on Thursday as well I think...

addicts

Officially Insane
HSC
ok cool - i was just hoping to keep the nights i have to go to a minimum hence my worry about getting the right timetable -
thanks heaps for this!

Fake-Name

HSC
My enrolment is in five days. I certainly hope I get the times I want. I've perfected my timetable already.

addicts

Officially Insane
HSC
yeah fake-name i went this morning at about about 10 and already the tute times that i wanted were gone! In the end I still got times that suited me though.. good luck !!

builder2818

HSC
I went this morning and enrolled in all my classes. I would be plssed if i didn't get the times I wanted (lucky everything worked out). I'm studying part time at night and noticed that some of the tutes around my preferred times of study were full.

Fake-Name

HSC
Damn.. When did enrolment start? I thought I picked one of the earliest possible times, the 10th.

I really hope I don't get horrible times for some of the popular subjects, there are two lectures for introductory world history and I really want to have David Christian, since I'm a fan of his Big History. I hope I didn't miss out.

addicts

Officially Insane
HSC
i think today was commerce only? .. @builder2818.. what are you studying?

Fisiks

HSC
i was part of the first lot today to start timetabling and few tuts had filled up by then which messed with my planned timetable :(

does anyone know when we will be able to get our campus cards done?

Fake-Name

HSC
Did you have to get your picture taken for your card today?

builder2818

HSC
@addicts i am enrolled in b.comm. I didn't take notice of others but I think you're right - it must have been mainly commerce students.

@fisiks - you could have got your student i.d card at the atrium near the canteen today.

Fisiks

HSC
no they sent us away saying we werent in the system yet

Official

Bring it on
HSC
My Enrolment is tomorrow. Hopefully all the times aren't taken... I've devised the perfect timetable already!

Bloomster

HSC
N/A
I put my question in the wrong thread. Am re-posting here:

I'm going to organise my enrolment on the 17th Feb. Does anyone know what the parking situation is? When I attended Open Day, it was free parking, are the enrolment days the same or do you have pay for casual parking? If so, where do I organise this? Thanks in advance.

builder2818

HSC
I parked in one of the underground car parks and it cost me $10 - i was there for about 3 hours.

F2001

HSC
Why would you pay? I've never heard of anyone getting fined before the Sem starts, esp Sem 1.

Can you even get those overpriced permits yet? lol

rayy_bann

HSC
Hey have any of you guys received your campus ID card?

If so, did you activate it online successfully?

...cause I can't :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)