one music taste a deterrent? (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
you're all retarded

each to their own, why does it bother you?
i have already explained why.

it's so difficult trying to relate to someone with no common ground whatsoever, especially when music tastes correlate with other interests

billstery

HSC
yeah- most people who have crappy taste in music reflect it in their personality, honestly.

for example most guys who enjoy 2 and a half men will have a crappy taste in music, usually very RnB and mainstream influenced (I'd imagine, and from experience), and lol noone who likes two and a half men is worth dating- you'll be able to notice the difference between the people who do and don't.

The same thing goes for girls, but thats not as apt an example, I'm sure someone can do better than me here, I don't really think its shallow at all tbh, some people just suck at these things.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol for serious you are a retard if you say yes

the only thing you dont like about the person is their taste in music

something that could easily change and something that is entirely subjective

wtf

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I have to say yes. If they like Nickelback and Jessica Mauboy it's a pretty reliable signal that we have incompatible personalities.

untouchablecuz

HSC
ok lets stop being amatuer Freud's here

how often would music even be a subject of discussion?

williamc

HSC
yeah- most people who have crappy taste in music reflect it in their personality, honestly.

for example most guys who enjoy 2 and a half men will have a crappy taste in music, usually very RnB and mainstream influenced (I'd imagine, and from experience), and lol noone who likes two and a half men is worth dating- you'll be able to notice the difference between the people who do and don't.

The same thing goes for girls, but thats not as apt an example, I'm sure someone can do better than me here, I don't really think its shallow at all tbh, some people just suck at these things.
2 n a half men is a good show u dumb slurry, and so does the rest of America and Australia (most watched comedy tv show??!)

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
2 and a half men is ok i guess

i couldnt really give a fuck what they listened to, i know perfectly good people who listen to rap/rnb.

so u guys are saying u wouldnt date Gella cos she listens to rnb??

Edit: she plays mw2 u nerds

Last edited:

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
you're all a bunch of pretentious wanks anyway who would get into arguments about phoenix being better than temper trap or someshit so this is dumb thread

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
any girl that listens to rave/hardstyle is pretty scummy, also goths.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
scenario

katy perry likes her own music plus some rnb and akon and hardstyle

do u date her or what

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I really don't care I wouldn't like to be judged on my music tastes and I would thus not do that to someone else (particularly because I know some of the stuff I like makes music elitists want to trow up). My b/f and I have some cross overs in tastes but generally its quite different but it makes life less boring, we take turns with who's iphone is being played in the car etc and thus are exposed to new types of music. Neither of us have a fav genre, if we like a song, we like it. You don't need similarities in everything!

Its a bit silly to judge soley on music taste, my music taste may indicate that I am an immature teenybopper but that is far from the truth.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I think it's good to have some aspects of music taste overlap, so there's not too much of an argument about what you listen to in the car, but you don't want your tastes to be exactly the same.

My bf and I have fairly different tastes, that are slowly getting more similar as we each teach the other about different genres of music.

So I've finally gotten him to enjoy Pink Floyd and appreciate The Wall, and he's taken me to a rave or two and I've danced my arse off.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I wouldn't care if Katy Perry only listenered to terrorcore and speedmetal.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
What if Katy Perry wanted to drink Baileys from a shoe?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
what if katy perry wanted to date some douchey british pirate

Oh wait.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
ok lets stop being amatuer Freud's here

how often would music even be a subject of discussion?
almost instantly, actually. how else would you pinpoint tastes apart from a generic "so what are you into" which will probably centre around music anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)