• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

One Year To Go...... (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Hey Class of 2006!
Just want to let you know that there are 365 days or exactly a year (from tomorrow morning) to go until our HSC exams! (unless of course the examination dates change, but so far it is scheduled to begin on Thursday the 19th of October 2006).
So how are you coping with the HSC course so far? Anyone crumbling under the pressure already? Are you working your ass off or are you breezing through it at the moment? Are all your assessment tasks for all your subjects crammed into a single week or fortnight like mine? Anyone studying ahead? Anyone thinking about dropping a subject? What do you think of your own HSC subject selections? Are you making the most of the final year of your social high school life or are you too busy for that at the moment?..................

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

HSC course has not shown its full potential yet lol :p. The work load isn't much but the revision and studying has built up already in my case, I'm trying to keep it consistent but it is kind of hard.

I have no clue when my assessments are, but we should be getting a HSC course booklet with all the assessments.

My subjects are all interesting and fun, but chemistry is still the dullest subject I have since we are still doing year 11 work, but teacher said we were starting year 12 work next week so looking forward to that.

Planning on not going out much, well not as much as I did before ;)
But looking forward to spending 3 weeks in Japan in the summer holidays :):D

xx__savannah

HSC
Quite frankly, I'm surprised at how suddenly work has come on. Two assignments, drafts for English, exam notification, excursions coming up. I'm trying to keep up with it, though. I've started summarising English notes for 'Road Not Taken' and downloaded and highlighted submitted essays from here.

Then again, maybe I'm feeling the pinch because I'm studying for a HSC exam in 2 weeks and a 12 hours...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
*sighz* i feel guilty as well, since ive been lazy after da hell i wen thru in muh prelims lol. i hope i ged bak in study mode soon, anyone else feel dis way?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Bookie, what do you mean patience. The HSC has started already...

Kadlil, lucky you... a holiday this christmas for you.

Trebla, yes, im slowly fitting into the hsc mood. I still want my extension courses to START! NOW! Ive totally forgotten about year 11.

Savannah, The road not taken, is the only easy text in the stimulus. Its about a guy going on a physical jouney but metaphorically he's on a journey of life.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
You guys are studying really hard. Much harder than i am atm.
Im not reading ahead or making any notes. I feel really guilty about this.

HSC
I've taken Year 11 fairly easily, but studied very hard for the yearlies and did pretty well. I've organised myself for the first time in my life... folders, filing and shit -- I feel pretty ready. :cool:

xx__savannah

HSC
I know that, just I always lots all my notes on texts last year and had to re-write them, so I'm getting organised.

Just curious, would you say the persona in 'RNT' is regretting his decision which was based on nothing but a whim, later romanticising it to save face?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
remember nothing is impossible and that a person kan FALL mani times, but is nvr a failure until he gives up, good luk class of o6` .. we've onli gOt wun yr left =)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
remember nothing is impossible and that a person kan FALL mani times, but is nvr a failure until they gives up, good luk class of o6` .. we've onli gOt wun yr left =)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
Just want to let you know that there are 365 days or exactly a year (from tomorrow morning) to go until our HSC exams! (unless of course the examination dates change, but so far it is scheduled to begin on Thursday the 19th of October 2006).
I hate to say this but that's my birthday! u_u
This sucks...
It's taken a week but i'm over it. It's time to turn over a new leaf. Too bad it's gonna be downhill for most people. Good luck class of 2006 and work hard!!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
*sighz* i feel guilty as well, since ive been lazy after da hell i wen thru in muh prelims lol. i hope i ged bak in study mode soon, anyone else feel dis way?
yep! i have to pull my socks up. The only time i take study seriously is when it's 2 days before an exam.

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
WoW! 3 wks in japan! cool kadlil

the only differences i see are eng and chem, pushing the class, other classes are basically unchanged...like i still sleep in maths and phys xD

Bookie

Banned
HSC
hopeless said:
remember nothing is impossible and that a person kan FALL mani times, but is nvr a failure until they gives up, good luk class of o6` .. we've onli gOt wun yr left =)
Gee, you better pick up your English.

Smart Dunce said:
Bookie, what do you mean patience. The HSC has started already...
Well, I mean relaxation. Dont stress out. I'm not. I know you guys will start and say that it will bite me on the arse, but I reckon being calm is the key. I'm doing all my worksheet exercises in note form and I've had a good read of my notes [not as much as possible], but I reckon I've got it covered. If I study three hours a night, I reckon I could get a 99. But more liekly is the 1.5 - 2 hours of study that I will actually get. Now I have to work hard for a 98. But I'm up for it. Good luck 06ers and dont start nother shitty "omg its here" or "omg its starting" thread.

P

pLuvia

Our english classes are the only ones being rearranged

Which is good thing because only 6/28 are keeping advanced :p, including me :)

And we get a better teacher

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
pffft chillax 06ers! you can bludge at least the first half of the year...jus get your assesments in

Riviet

HSC
N/A
xx__savannah you copied my ticker timer thingy, the exact same counter and design... -_-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)