Onstage Nominatoins (1 Viewer)

Tim113

HSC
N/A
WOO HOO! My group got nominated!

Hey i was talking to this girl and i was like "GUESS WHAT MY GROUP GOT NOMINATED!!!" and shes like 'yeh me too for my mono' and i was like "WOW KEWL" and shes like ' yeh but i already know my mark and i know that i got in" and i was like errr ok and she was very modest about the whole thing...i wonder why she already knew that she got in? and what mark she got (30/30 she told me)

emmamar

HSC
onstage nom's

im so stoked i've been nominated for performance IP and my GP... 3 other girls in my class have been nominated for performance as well and all 4 GP's were nomed... congrats to everyone who has recieved nominations!!!

emmamar

HSC
*bettyboop* said:
i heard from someone eles that like there whole drama class bar one got in.
that's our class!!!! at MLC!! yay go us!! hehe

AGAIN congrats to everyone you all deserve it for all your hard work!!!

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
I feel cheated, my class had some fantastic IP's and GP's and no one got nominated. I was so surprised, many of the IP's were better than a few that were in onstage last year. Oh well... we had markers from the country so maybe they didnt know all that much about onstage.

V

val_dramaqueen

can we not down-look the country folk?
im a city person living in the country... not all country people are THAT bad :D :p

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
Im not putting them down, they were totally nice markers... I just was thinking maybe they didn't really know that much about Onstage and the nominations process. In other words, Im trying to blame them for my problems.

freaked!

val_dramaqueen said:
do we have to keep repeating the whole "regional schools have a lesser chance of getting nominated" debate? it's driving me crazy!!
it's cause its biased, too expensive to send country peeps to sydney, yadda yadda yadda!!
by the way... am i the only country person who reckons that if you did get nominated, you wouldn't MIND paying to go??!! :rolleyes:
wait that can't be right.... cause if yur remember nutcase last year, they were from boys grammar in canberra and that is at least three hours away so how is that different to regional schools

emmamar

HSC
freaked! said:
wait that can't be right.... cause if yur remember nutcase last year, they were from boys grammar in canberra and that is at least three hours away so how is that different to regional schools
yeah i dont think it is... there have been heaps of schools from places like byron, canberra and so on its just that alot more of the performing arts schools get in rather than regional schools... and thats also bcoz there is this thing that says that you can only have 2 max performances/written projects in onstage from your school but for performaing arts schools they can have more..

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
freaked! said:
Hahahaha. Canberra...hahaha...regional...hahaha. The thought of those two words in the same sentence just doesn't work. :p

6 hours away...thats where I am...that's what I call regional.

chiken_lips

Well all i know is that the whole system is rigged - thas what our teecha sed coz honestly some of ours just put Onstage last year right down the plughole... I heard that they do nominate regional schools in order to promote them and the same with performing arts schools - becoz they're already promoted [ seriously last yr that group from Mac College "Lets break it down broadway style" absolutely sucked and i know from close sources that they made it up a week before hand...]
I dont do performance but some of the ppl in my class - wow - they were fantastic and our school had only one GP nominated...!!

On a different note - when do ppl find out about projects - coz i would love to see if any get nominated from our school.... :cool:

V

val_dramaqueen

Skillo said:
Hahahaha. Canberra...hahaha...regional...hahaha. The thought of those two words in the same sentence just doesn't work. :p

6 hours away...thats where I am...that's what I call regional.
hahahahaaha, ditto katie!
canberra can NOT be classed as regional... when youre out near us or further, then i suppose you can say you're from a regional school! :uhhuh:
Takes about 6 hours from where i am to get to sydney... so.. canberra? meh!

p.s: i will not be talking about the biased/regional/country/nomination thing ANYMORE!! it has driven my mental once... don't wanna go down that path ever again! :mad:

tooL soLdier

HSC
Well our Drama group was the first ever to go through La Salle Academy, Lithgow... we didn't get shortlisted but it's no biggy. We were basically the 'guinea-pigs', and our performance was great as far as I'm concerned. We made a statement about societie's endless chase for perfection (perpetual motion), and we tried to integrate all different kinds of techniques in there. Ohhh and my teacher told me for a fact that we can still get full marks for our performance and still not get in...it all depends on what the markers are looking for on the day and what the producers of Onstage want for their performance etc etc. My I.P didn't get short-listed either... but I spose they must be getting sick of Equus monologues cos I've seen one there for as long as I've been going to Onstage!!
Congrats to everyone who got in... I will definitely be there watching you all!!

*dragon*

HSC
chiken_lips said:
[ seriously last yr that group from Mac College "Lets break it down broadway style" absolutely sucked and i know from close sources that they made it up a week before hand...]

hey! dont knock making it up the week b4! my group only figured ours out a couple of days b4 and we still got nominated. it means nothing.

V

val_dramaqueen

*dragon* said:
hey! dont knock making it up the week b4! my group only figured ours out a couple of days b4 and we still got nominated. it means nothing.
WHAT!!!!!????????
how is that possible? we spent AGES working on ours and perfecting it and NO nomination... damn you smart bastards! :p

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
We spent forever on ours, we worked our arses off! Thats what I hate about performances and why I love submitted stuff. 'Cause you can't do a research project with only a weeks worth of research under your belt!

artfaggette

dongs
HSC
The beauty about doing things in the preceding days is the fact they're fresh and new and performed with an energy that seems to fade when you rehearse the shite out of a piece.

V

val_dramaqueen

Skillo said:
Artfaggette...your avatar is kinda disturbing... :D
i can see how you could find that disturbing... :uhhuh:
hahahaha... but why am i still laughing about her avatar?! :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)