Operon theory? (1 Viewer)

emmcyclopedia

HSC
[Genetics: The Code Broken?]

Howdy =D

I'm doing the genetics option, and there are a few things that we haven't covered/I'm not confident in.

For the dot point: "Outline the current understanding of gene expression"
- is this where we need to know about operon theory.

I am trying to get a brief understanding of it for tomorrow (obviously don't want bucket loads of info, seeing as the exam is tomorrow...lol)

So can someone validate whether or not this is important, and possibly explain it to me a little?

Thank you =]

(p.s. good luck tomorrow Bio Class of '09! we can do this!!)

PoisedTiger007

HSC
Well, just as a precaution, study the lac-operon example - about how the presence/absence of lactose triggers transcription. If you look at the process carefully you should digest it easily :) I do genetics too. Good luck! How do you find dotpoint 8 of genetics? all about the hox genes, etc?

emmcyclopedia

HSC
hey thanks for that, will do =]

all of genetics is great, but there are just a few patches - like the hox/hom/gene cascades - that i really haven't looked much at.

i hope my bio teacher doesn't have an account (if he does he'll just have to suck it up...), but seriously by our final module he'd given up teaching us.

he should retire =P

yah, so erm... not heaps polished on hox/hom yet!
ah, but the night is young!

good luck to you too - after bio, i'll only have 1 left!! woooo!!

=D

emmcyclopedia

HSC
...the board of studies must have known that I didn't want a question on operon, or hox/hom genes!

ahh, the relief!!

genetics was shweeeeet =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)