• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Oprah Winfrey is the anti-Christ (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
no, i realised that as soon as i started watching it!

and yes, i agree, if i was there and got a free dvd player, on top of all the other things i would have been so happy! and of course i would have taken it. but then it makes me think, why would i be so happy? i don't need it, and why were those people in the audience so happy? too much materialism.

lol, i like how you say they look like they had never seen food in their life!

~Dreamer

HSC
and what gets to me also is that most of those women are upper class americans, so they could afford all these things... and what really made me laugh is when oprah said 'ive done ur christmas shopping for you'... as if any normal person would buy a $700 hand bag...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol

she's bought them their OWN presents, rather than having done their christmas shopping.

~Dreamer

HSC
but i think oprah would be a bit of a stingbag, she wouldve payed half og the 1.2 million, and even that would be payed by her company. compared to the revenue they bring in p.a that would be a drop in the ocean.
i also read somewhere the reaon she makes so much money is because she doesnt paye her guests like most other shows.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by ~Dreamer
but i think oprah would be a bit of a stingbag, she wouldve payed half og the 1.2 million, and even that would be payed by her company.
I'd say the manufacturers would have donated all that stuff for publicity. The show wouldn't have had to pay for any of it.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
why does she spend so much on her audience when everyone there is already pretty well off? couldnt she have maybe gotten a sponsor child for each audience member or something? that al least would have been doing something useful for the community rather than wasting money on people who already have too much

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
I'd say the manufacturers would have donated all that stuff for publicity. The show wouldn't have had to pay for any of it.
yeah it was one big ad, what better publicity than oprah, i mean it's one of oprah's fave things, of course we'll all go out and buy it :rolleyes:
so yeah, the companies would have donated everything, and watched even more be bought
Originally posted by sleepy_all_day
Oprah is a virus, she spreads, then destroys perfectly good people and uses them to further her evil.
lol

but comparing her with other shows, you can see why people like here. she does do good things, she helps people, she's not jerry springer.

Kos

Originally posted by ~Dreamer
but i think oprah would be a bit of a stingbag, she wouldve payed half og the 1.2 million, and even that would be payed by her company. compared to the revenue they bring in p.a that would be a drop in the ocean.
i also read somewhere the reaon she makes so much money is because she doesnt paye her guests like most other shows.
She makes so much money because she produces her own show so she doesnt have to split the profits.

J

jhakka

American talk shows = crap.

Oprah = crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap... you get the idea.

I hate that stupid animation they play after the credits. I always manage to walk into the room or turn the TV on when the credits finish. That animation pisses me off.

I'm off TV, so I don't suffer watching more than two minutes of Oprah twice a year.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by zahid
OPRAH IS THA BEST.....SHE SHOULD BE PRESIDENT
lol..."dude wheres my country" ?

I would've agreed, but I remember a show she did where she got in a bunch of one-sided experts, and they spent the show trying to convince the audience that the Iraq was was a good thing. (And they succeeded.) It seemed very un-Oprah....but people will accept and agree with anything she says.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Oprah apparently donates a lot of money to charities privately. If that is the case, then I respect her.

I do like Oprah, she makes interesting television (most of the time) and as a personality I respect that she is as down-to-earth as she is considering how much money she makes and the influence she holds.

Hottieflossy

i watched that oprah's favourite things show as well and the audience were behaving like complete morons...and i dont think oprah pays for all of those things she gave away cuz shes doing the companies that create those products a favour by naming the brand on her show or watever...but she is a kind person and gives away millions of dollars to charity and towards foundations to help orphaned children in africa and so on...

s2ophie

HSC
Oprah was good today. Be a princess for a day and oprah gives you allt his free stuff and kindly advertises everything that you get.

Oprah's not bad...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)