Option: Communication (1 Viewer)

Katieeee

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
yeah, i wrote look for information from reliable sources such as online scientific journals and stuff.

heeey, you're going to UOW. just a pre-warning in case you don't already live here, that it's the most boring place ever :sleep:
LOL don't worry I live nearish to Wollongong already. Kiama... its close enough for my likiing :wave:

HSC
Katieeee said:
LOL don't worry I live nearish to Wollongong already. Kiama... its close enough for my likiing :wave:
ooh okay, yeah i know kiama. i used to go to that park near terralong street and stuff with the stage on it and that boat that rocks. hey wait, kiama high... i think my business teachers' wife teaches there. is there a mrs rowe there, just randomly?

Takuto

HSC
i didnt even mention the role of the tympanic membrane

i thought all we really needed to do was describe a first hand and second hand investigation to identify similar structure and function

oh and i spammed the 2nd hand investigation researching tympanic membranes and reliability, accuracy

BrookSteven

HSC
NOOOOOOO!!!

Why did they ask about the ear? Everyone knowns the eye, not the ear. I forgot how to draw the ear, so I somewhat made it up and labelled it all. The labels were correct, but I realised I forgot the auditory nerve. I wish I did The Human Story in class, that option looked EASY. I was going to answer it, but two of the questions were a bit too esoteric and required studying.

Katieeee

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
ooh okay, yeah i know kiama. i used to go to that park near terralong street and stuff with the stage on it and that boat that rocks. hey wait, kiama high... i think my business teachers' wife teaches there. is there a mrs rowe there, just randomly?

Yeah she is an English teacher at my school. I've never had her though.

HSC
Katieeee said:
Yeah she is an English teacher at my school. I've never had her though.
i thought it so. yeah, i've never met her but my teacher used examples in business, she was sometimes involved in them. six degrees of separation lol

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
hard out made crap up.

wasn't bad, i will score good marks in it. my crap i made up is good :)

adnan91

HSC
They said describe from secondary resources not the process of obtaining secondary sources then u would say reliable stuff

Takuto

HSC
adnan91 said:
They said describe from secondary resources not the process of obtaining secondary sources then u would say reliable stuff
same thing..?

adnan91

HSC
Takuto said:
same thing..?
I mean using secondary sources you describe the structure and function of tympanic membrane. Not say that my secondary sources were reliable-they didnt ask that

dolbinau

HSC
It didn't ask for reliability etc.. but just as when you design experiments you always need to include it, and risk assessments, controls etc..At least I think.

Takuto

HSC
yeah thats what i thought

whenever you hear secondary sources

keep mentioning reliability, validity, accuracy

lol, got that from success one

adnan91

HSC
dolbinau said:
It didn't ask for reliability etc.. but just as when you design experiments you always need to include it, and risk assessments, controls etc..At least I think.
But the describing of the experiment was the first part.

dolbinau

HSC
adnan91 said:
But the describing of the experiment was the first part.
It was an analogy - I'm saying just because they don't tell you to directly doesn't mean you don't have to :p.

danz90

HSC
dolbinau said:
The question was:

HOW could you use a first-hand investigation and information from secondary sources to determine if this structure functions as a tympanic membrane.

Initially, I outlined the structure and functions of a tympanic membrane, what it needs to do to actually be a tympanic membrane.
I had points such as:
-Equal pressure on both sides of the membrane
-Impermeable to water
-Transforms sound wave energy to mechanical (kinetic) energy which vibrates middle ear ossicles.

And for each showed how a first hand investigation could be used in combination with info from secondary sources, to INDICATE that the structure functions as a tympanic membrane.

I reckon maybe 5/6 for me on that one.

adnan91

HSC
danz90 said:
The question was:

HOW could you use a first-hand investigation and information from secondary sources to determine if this structure functions as a tympanic membrane.

Initially, I outlined the structure and functions of a tympanic membrane, what it needs to do to actually be a tympanic membrane.
I had points such as:
-Equal pressure on both sides of the membrane
-Impermeable to water
-Transforms sound wave energy to mechanical (kinetic) energy which vibrates middle ear ossicles.

And for each showed how a first hand investigation could be used in combination with info from secondary sources, to INDICATE that the structure functions as a tympanic membrane.

I reckon maybe 5/6 for me on that one.
Thats the function of the eustachian tube?

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
1. Prodce a large sound near insect. record and observer movement on hind legs. such as twitching, movement etc.

2. rip off its legs (remove the apparent tympanic membrane) and repeat experiment. record obs.

really crap, but i put 2 analogys. either way i shold score some marks

adnan91

HSC
dolbinau said:
It was an analogy - I'm saying just because they don't tell you to directly doesn't mean you don't have to :p.
Ya im sure its fine to mention reliable sources but im just saying cuz I DIDNT. I mentioned secondary sources have desribed the tympanic membrane as flexibe, empty cavity enclosed by eardrum. This eardrum vibrates in response in sound waves...:)

Takuto

HSC
it said HOW could you

lol

you didnt really need to state information on tympanic membrane i reck

just how to get it

anyone else?

lol im scrwed again arent i, u had to use real info haha

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)