Optus Fusion plans (1 Viewer)

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
havnt changed to hi def yet. I dont think a tv episode is worth 1gb.
Which ISP are you with?

Last edited:

jackiesaurus

HSC
You shouldnt think of fusion as internet, is more like: awesome phone plan with internet tacked on.......
So yes at face value its a very good plan if you use the phone alot, only thing is
- dropout, slow at peak hour shit arse service: apparently this is localized to mine and only 2 or 2 other exchanges, but it pisses me off to no end

- uploads counted
- no offpeak
- optus phone monkeys are the least experienced, uneducated idiots who have no clue about how the internet or any hardware works at all, their customer service is appalling, it took me 2 months to get out of them that their hardware had a problem [my local exchange had too many ports or some shit],

edit: i would not recommend TPG, they have had a history of dropouts, problems with playing games, shit service etc...if you are a gamer they are a bad idea, some with dodo, they are cheap for a reason and thats because they fucking suck. I have had extel before, awesome company, awesome limits and they KNOW THEIR SHIT, just dont go whining to them about anything because part of their business model is having customers that arent retards, if you are taking up customer service time they might let you go.

Who i have been with:

Extel:excellent in everything

iinet: never any problems at all, they were ok i guess. basically how the internet should be, you just connect it and thats it, not hear from them for years, you dont have to complain to your gas company every few months do you. internet is a service.

netspace: good limits, one or two small problems over like 5 years, great for gaming, lots of free downloads and free game servers, a bit too expensive though

ausdata solutions or some crap: no problems, cheap as piss, good limits, run by some guy in his garage i think lol. porbably not operating any more, but he was great to me, sorting things out asap etc, even rang me up when i forgot to disconnect after i moved out asking what was up when he could have just kept charging me.

Optus: bad problems, decent value shit customer service
Hi ! Im on the optus $69 fusion plan with unlimited calls to home phones nation wide and unlimited free calls to Optus GSM mobiles. My phone bills used to be MAXIMUM like $65 a month; so i feel the plan im with is worth it :p But 2gb is starting to disappear by the middle of the month, sometimes 10th day.. I think i need a better fusion plan. Or just ditch optus becoz the service is run by monkeys (i agree) and instead of the promised $69, they sometimes feel like charging me $75 :confused: I think Optus is alriight, no probs so far but the bills. ive had to call up a lot about that. And who doesnt hate calling optus?

So what i wanted to ask was.... How is extel?? And what are the prices for it? Are they cheap and is there any fusion plan available.. been on a fusion plan from optus for about 2 years now and now im afraid of non fusion plans lol:spzz:

jackiesaurus

HSC
Im changing to exetel 100%
they are the cheapest on the market by a long shot.
only down side is they have to use telstra unfrustructure.
ie, you have to have a telstra line in your home

ADSL2 Plans – You Continue The Rental Of A Standard PSTN Telephone Line From Your Current Provider
$p/m..........off peak..........peak
$35.00..........60 gbytes..........6 gbytes
$45.00..........60 gbytes..........12 gbytes
$55.00..........60 gbytes..........24 gbytes
$65.00..........60 gbytes..........36 gbytes
$90.00..........60 gbytes..........54 gbytes
off peak is midnight to midday.
uploads are not counted

ill be on the $55 plan most likely.
yay extel prices.. im thinkin of getting extel/whatever after reading this post :) looks good if you really use up that 60 gigs lol. Im a net noob but tend to watch movies and youtube thiings ALOT but the fastest ive ever used up my 2gb ($69 optus fusion) was in 10 days, and that was when i got a little addicted to youtube and downloading torrents :haha: off peak time sounds reasonably good, but i prefer not to leave my comp on all night. will proly be tempted to wake up at 1am to turn it off. Why are the on and off peaks so unbalanced? I watch videos online during the day and i think most people do... Can ne1 tell me how much a 10gb extel plan will cost with phone line etc, if they know? Thanks people:wave:

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I can not go with optus where i live, bigpond is so expensive too, it is ridiculous ,we have no choice though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)