Optus Fusion plans (2 Viewers)

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
who thinks they are shit?
We are on the $129 fusion where you get 30gb internet.

Its fucking shit.

Going to change my internet connection to exetel which gets me 24gig peak and 60 gig off peak for $65 (naked)

only down side is we loose the unlimited calls from optus.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
nah, the peak/off peak hours are demented.
at least with exetel its midnight to mid day.

oh, i heard they have too many drop outs.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
nah, the peak/off peak hours are demented.
at least with exetel its midnight to mid day.

oh, i heard they have too many drop outs.
I loved optus's 40 gig plan.

20 Gigs on-peak and 20 gigs off peak (midnight to Noon)

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
Im looking for other home phone providers which offer exactly the same thing as the optus fusion plans minus the internet.
cant find anything

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
I loved optus's 40 gig plan.

20 Gigs on-peak and 20 gigs off peak (midnight to Noon)
yeah bro, i cant believe i got off that plan. Our home bill was getting too high and my parents wanted to get the fusion. I fucking hate this shit, and therefore i must initiate change in the family.
Ive realized i need minimum 60 gigs to survive a month.

Last edited:

Claudeski

HSC
$99 fusion reporting in - shitsucks
planning on switching to something or other.. 20gb is not enough

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
nah TPG is awesome 50 GB for $50, hardly ever get drop outs.

For the phone bill issue, why not use VoIP?
yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and what time is off-peak for TPG, 1am to 6am, thats a BLOODY JOKE!

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
With cable ive got around 2MBps a few times.

how the fuck am I going to live with 600-800kbps.

lol

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
Im changing to exetel 100%
they are the cheapest on the market by a long shot.
only down side is they have to use telstra unfrustructure.
ie, you have to have a telstra line in your home

ADSL2 Plans – You Continue The Rental Of A Standard PSTN Telephone Line From Your Current Provider
$p/m..........off peak..........peak
$35.00..........60 gbytes..........6 gbytes​
$45.00..........60 gbytes..........12 gbytes​
$55.00..........60 gbytes..........24 gbytes​
$65.00..........60 gbytes..........36 gbytes​
$90.00..........60 gbytes..........54 gbytes​

off peak is midnight to midday.
uploads are not counted

ill be on the $55 plan most likely.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
BBJ, all ISPs use Telstra infrastructure. Telstra owns ALL the lines.
That does NOT mean you need to have Telstra at home.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
You shouldnt think of fusion as internet, is more like: awesome phone plan with internet tacked on.

iam on $129 fusion, we make $2000+ in phone calls a month. The good thing about the $129 is theres no excess, and it caps to 256k which means you arent fucked over wtf is this slow shit if you go over, and you arent charged $300 if you go over.

So yes at face value its a very good plan if you use the phone alot, only thing is

- dropout, slow at peak hour shit arse service: apparently this is localized to mine and only 2 or 2 other exchanges, but it pisses me off to no end

- uploads counted
- no offpeak
- optus phone monkeys are the least experienced, uneducated idiots who have no clue about how the internet or any hardware works at all, their customer service is appalling, it took me 2 months to get out of them that their hardware had a problem [my local exchange had too many ports or some shit],

before that they blamed my computer having viruses or my modem being poor quality. Fuck those fuckwits, they knew all along they had a problem but they acted as if they are that fucking brain dead, it took some genius at whirlpool to figure it out and there have like 200 complaints to the TIO about it.

So yeah if they fixed their service, which my exchange is schedualed to be mid june, everything should be sweet and i will be an okish happy customer, fusion is good value as long as you dont go over your limit and use the phone alot[and if you are $129, do whatever the fuck you want cause no excess charges and our capped speed is still pretty fast]

edit: i would not recommend TPG, they have had a history of dropouts, problems with playing games, shit service etc...if you are a gamer they are a bad idea, some with dodo, they are cheap for a reason and thats because they fucking suck. I have had extel before, awesome company, awesome limits and they KNOW THEIR SHIT, just dont go whining to them about anything because part of their business model is having customers that arent retards, if you are taking up customer service time they might let you go.

Who i have been with:

Extel:excellent in everything

iinet: never any problems at all, they were ok i guess. basically how the internet should be, you just connect it and thats it, not hear from them for years, you dont have to complain to your gas company every few months do you. internet is a service.

netspace: good limits, one or two small problems over like 5 years, great for gaming, lots of free downloads and free game servers, a bit too expensive though

ausdata solutions or some crap: no problems, cheap as piss, good limits, run by some guy in his garage i think lol. porbably not operating any more, but he was great to me, sorting things out asap etc, even rang me up when i forgot to disconnect after i moved out asking what was up when he could have just kept charging me.

Optus: bad problems, decent value shit customer service

Last edited:

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
BBJ, all ISPs use Telstra infrastructure. Telstra owns ALL the lines.
That does NOT mean you need to have Telstra at home.
I was told that I needed to be connected on a telstra line before exetel connected me up. Once naked DSL is connected then they said I should call up telstra and disconnect.

bbj just wonderin why you decided to take a miss with tpg and go with exetel? was it cause of the drop out thing?
well a few of my friends are on TPG and they are happy. But tbh its their off peak times. Totally fucked up from 1am to 7am.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
back in the day i only knew about public trackers and 12gb was suffice. When I found some private trackers I used up all my bandwidth in 1 week or so.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
I still don't understand how you could sustain 60gb per month even with private torrent trackers. Do you like watch/play every single new torrent regardless of its quality?

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
totally depends.
During uni months I wouldn't be able to finish 60gigs.
However when the semester break comes by I could finish the 60 gigs.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
who thinks they are shit?
We are on the $129 fusion where you get 30gb internet.

Its fucking shit.

Going to change my internet connection to exetel which gets me 24gig peak and 60 gig off peak for $65 (naked)

only down side is we loose the unlimited calls from optus.
thats fucking shit especially if it isnt wireless broadband

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)