Ordering RAW-R MARKS! (1 Viewer)

Dylanamali

HSC
Hey everyone,

just wondering if anyone is intending on ordering raw marks and if so, are they doing it via the BOS method, or via the application form found on this website.

Because, the BOS method will cost me: $35 for eng, and $20 for each of my other subjects x4 = $115.
I would obviously prefer to use the form on this website ($30 fee) .. but I'm afraid it will just be rejected and I will lose $30 down the drain..

What are other people doing?

D94

HSC
N/A
For raw marks, it's $5.25 per course.

D94

HSC
N/A
i just rang.. its $5.25 plus the cost of a results check.. with a results check being $29 for eng and $15 for other subs..
Oh, so you must order the results check? Is that what you're saying?

Dylanamali

HSC
Oh, so you must order the results check? Is that what you're saying?
yes.. because they can only get ur raw marks by getting ur individual papers and checking it again, well that's what the guy on the phone said.

D94

HSC
N/A
yes.. because they can only get ur raw marks by getting ur individual papers and checking it again, well that's what the guy on the phone said.
Damn....if I apply for all my subjects, that's $155.75.

billybobneck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

just wondering if anyone is intending on ordering raw marks and if so, are they doing it via the BOS method, or via the application form found on this website.

Because, the BOS method will cost me: $35 for eng, and $20 for each of my other subjects x4 = $115.
I would obviously prefer to use the form on this website ($30 fee) .. but I'm afraid it will just be rejected and I will lose $30 down the drain..

What are other people doing?
It's a rip off. Just another way BOS get their funding. $30 per subject, what a joke.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Which is false. It's already well established that the raw marks are in their electronic database. Absolutely no need to require a results check with it. (If it's not already in their database, how could they pass the raw marks on to UAC for the ATAR calculation?) Markers enter marks electronically regardless. The marks aren't on the actual papers.

At least they could be truthful to students. They are imposing an unjustifed financial burden in order to discourage people from knowing their raw marks.

billybobneck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Which is false. It's already well established that the raw marks are in their electronic database. Absolutely no need to require a results check with it. (If it's not already in their database, how could they pass the raw marks on to UAC for the ATAR calculation?)

At least they could be truthful to students. They are imposing an unjustifed financial burden in order to discourage people from knowing their raw marks.
Thta's the way it works at uni as well. The less you know , the better. They are dodgy about everything.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I believe the reason why they are making you get a results check is to ensure that they haven't made a mistake with your marks, before you get the raw marks back.

It isn't the markers who enter marks electronically but clerical staff - for most papers these days still - markers handwrite marks onto a piece of paper which is then scanned. That is why they want the results check. In time when everything is marked onscreen they will all be entered electronically but while the majority are still handwritten on a sheet of paper with up to 19 other marks it is possible that something is wrong - particularly that a NA has been correctly recorded.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Mark recheck - $104

Raw marks - $31.50

Transcripts - $186

Total - $321.50

Fuck off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)