Organ donorship (1 Viewer)

Blackalicious

HSC
nah i im sure a few people would want his brain, even if it no longer functioned. :p

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
The defenition of brain dead is vague.

People have been classified as "brain dead" and have come back to life subsequently. You can't just say, "Take my organs when I'm brain dead", because you might come back from it.

Plus if the oxygen is being circulated by your body, there is oxygen going to your brain, which is all you need to keep it functioning.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Plus if the oxygen is being circulated by your body, there is oxygen going to your brain, which is all you need to keep it functioning.
So basically you would want them to stop the oxygen from reaching the brain for 10 minutes first?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by nessie_lee
i'm not so sure about donating blood.. my school is doing it next week, i'm not a huge fan of needles, so i don't think i will... i don't know really.. has anyone ever had one before? do they hurt?
its not too bad...if you're not a fan of needles, the first couple of times may be uncomfortable, but thats it, after a few times you barely feel it.
the prick in the finger to test haemoglobin levels stings more than the big needle.

any other regular donors beginning to get track marks? i am. i feel like a junky ;)

MissGeorgie

Originally posted by Xayma
So basically you would want them to stop the oxygen from reaching the brain for 10 minutes first?
nah coz the organs still need the oxygen....they can only take them if u r still "alive"......i think...correct me if im worng :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)