= ) Organisation tipies! (1 Viewer)

xtinkx

HSC
Hiii!!

Im just about to go into year11 and i want to be prepared. I was just wondering if anybody has any tips for how i should be organised ( Folders..note prep..all that good stuff) and any other general tips would be really good.

Love tink

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
1. I'd suggest having one folder for each subject, with plastic sleeves for sheets and looseleaf paper, along with an exercise book.

2. Enjoy yourself along the way. Work hard, yes, but it's the penultimate year, so don't immerse yourself too deep in study. ;)

I_F

felixcthecat

HSC
i ussually have a mixture of notebooks and binders.. it really depends on the subject types you do.. think about whether that subject would have a lot of handouts or not and the amount of writing you do in that subject.
eg. economics generally has a lot of handouts and economic updates hence a folder would be preferable for better organisation of topics while subjects such as maths would have less handouts and probably a lot of work.. (if you do all your hw that is..) so a reasonably thick book (ie 240 page) would be good...
oh and a clear sleeve folder to hold extra handouts just incase certain subjects such as maths have random few handouts...........

and update your notes every day after school (if you don't have time do it on the weekends) so you could refer to it when you forget something during the term...

hope that helps! =P

= Jennifer =

HSC
when doing your notes put the syllabus heading your addressing in a different colour or highlight it and then tick it off on your syllabus so when it comes to your pre lim exams you know you have addressed every single dot point. :) if you need any extra advice or got any q's just pm me :)

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
Create a study/ homework timetable and refer to it regulary. organise the your work in prioritised order and make sure the most important stuff and the things that are due first are given top priorty.
Priorty-->Top-->medium-->low
vary your study, dont spend too much time on a particular subject. file you notes into individual subject folders. and then even further into topics if you pefer.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Start assignments and study early, do a little bit every night instead of most of it on the last night before it's due to reduce the stress.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Riviet said:
Start assignments and study early, do a little bit every night instead of most of it on the last night before it's due to reduce the stress.
'A little bit at a time' one of the best pieces of advice that any new year 11 could be given to reduce those all important stress levels. Remember to all new year 11 that year 12 is the year where everything counts so don't burn out to so but don't be slack either as year 11 can help to build the building blocks towards the HSC as far as skills, some course work, study routine etc.

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
m0ofin said:
Dude, timetables are naaaasty! (Did you get this off the diary things the school gives us?) Unless you're extremely organised, I don't think this is a good idea because it may stress you out when things don't go to plan and that sticking to a fixed schedule isn't very flexible, so I guess it could put you off study. The best thing to do I think is to have a notepad or something where you just write everything you need to do before you study and tick them off as you go. It's just like setting mini-goals for yourself and it also feels good to savagely cross off a major assignment from the list.
I'm fairly well organised and yes it is sad but i used that stupid dairy...although it has some good tips. Timetables for me are flexible, so i dont stick to it strongly just something to fall back on if i have nothing to do, or don't know what to do next.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Jono_2007 said:
I'm fairly well organised and yes it is sad but i used that stupid dairy...although it has some good tips. Timetables for me are flexible, so i dont stick to it strongly just something to fall back on if i have nothing to do, or don't know what to do next.
Using your school diary isn't sad! Everyone used them at my school, anyway.

If your diary is like ours, then it's very useful in keeping you organised. Get into the habit of checking it daily, and make sure you always write your homework in.

Another important tip is to never have loose sheets flying around. This includes school notices, letters, forms, assessment notices, and worksheets. Categorise them and use plastic sleeves wisely. ;)

cigazze

My wit's out to lunch
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
simply just don't get into the habit of procrastinating.
damn straight! i think thats what kills 90% of students. and the other 10% are just superhuman!!! :D

cigazze

My wit's out to lunch
HSC
m0ofin said:
Dude, timetables are naaaasty! (Did you get this off the diary things the school gives us?) Unless you're extremely organised, I don't think this is a good idea because it may stress you out when things don't go to plan and that sticking to a fixed schedule isn't very flexible, so I guess it could put you off study. The best thing to do I think is to have a notepad or something where you just write everything you need to do before you study and tick them off as you go. It's just like setting mini-goals for yourself and it also feels good to savagely cross off a major assignment from the list.

But I guess, everyone's different (obviously) so give each a try and see which works best for you.
yeah, i found that timetables stress me out more than they help, and i do the list thing as an alternative too, but i have friends that are the opposite, so i agree with the fact that everyone's different too :D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Another important tip is to never have loose sheets flying around. This includes school notices, letters, forms, assessment notices, and worksheets. Categorise them and use plastic sleeves wisely. ;)
I find using too many plastic sleeves rather annoying, constantly taking pieces of paper out, if theres heaps in one sleeve. I don't know about you.

I prefer to hole punch the pieces of paper and put them into a leaver arched folder, they are much easier to read.

Timetables never work - you can't plan for the unexpected. um ... can't think of anything else at the moment, except maybe spend time for yourself, watching tv, playing games, hanging out with friends or whatever, as well as studying.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
simply just don't get into the habit of procrastinating.
what he said

also be organised for each of your subjects, i.e. keep notes on the topics, create a timetable for homework and study IF you can stick to a timetable (I cannot personally, but everyone is different) and read any notes that you have taken during the day when you go home, even if you read it quickly, you will still retain more information than if you didnt read them at all.

other than that, good luck in years 11 and 12

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)