• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Orientation/Academic Credit session/enrolment (1 Viewer)

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
so on the day of the academic advising session thing, we enrol in uni??? so we'll have to fill out forms and everything??? [get our id foto taken?etc] Do we also have to register for the subjects and make our timetable right then and there??? -=[im juz confused now.. eveyrone is saying dif. things]=-
is n e one else bringing n e one with them? like family or friends?? [i hope not!!!]

theone123

blue essence
HSC
does neone know the easiest route to get there from parra rd auburn and not getting lost :(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
mibiony said:
so on the day of the academic advising session thing, we enrol in uni??? so we'll have to fill out forms and everything??? [get our id foto taken?etc] Do we also have to register for the subjects and make our timetable right then and there??? -=[im juz confused now.. eveyrone is saying dif. things]=-
is n e one else bringing n e one with them? like family or friends?? [i hope not!!!]
see natstars thread on enrolling. Basically you fill in a whole lot of forms have you photo taken and get your id card.

j_davo24

HSC
One quick question. It says u need photo ID, but I don't have a licence or a passport. Does anyone know what else I can use? I don't have a proof of age card either as I'm not 18 yet.

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
theone123 said:
does neone know the easiest route to get there from parra rd auburn and not getting lost :(
i guess you could go on the m4 motorway

ie keep on driving down parra road until u reach the intersection where u turn right to parramatta or left to merrylands ( woodville road), and then instead of turning right or left just keep goin straight which takes u onto the m4 all the way to penrith

SweetSeasons

HSC
j_davo24 said:
One quick question. It says u need photo ID, but I don't have a licence or a passport. Does anyone know what else I can use? I don't have a proof of age card either as I'm not 18 yet.
um, birth certificate, key card, concession card, just bring all the id that you do have, and perhaps bring your mum as well. lol.

j_davo24

HSC
SweetSeasons said:
um, birth certificate, key card, concession card, just bring all the id that you do have, and perhaps bring your mum as well. lol.
Lol. Thanks, ill give the Uni a call tomorrow and ask them. Im sure they get asked that question alot. Lol.

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Just a few questions I want to ask.

1.) What exactly do you do on the Academic advising session?
2.) Can I enrol on the day of the Academic advising session?
3.) I am doing B Business (Accounting). My last name begins with A and it says that those with surnames beggining from A to H doing this course need to be at the AAS from 9am at Werrington next Friday. My family friend is also doing the same course at the same campus as me, but his surname begins with K. Those from I to P start their session @6pm. But can my friend still come with me when I need to go (@ 9am) or does he have to wait for his session to start?
4.) How long does the AAS go for?
5.) Do I have to stay at the AAS for the whole time or can I leave when Im done filling out forms etc?

dre

HSC
heyyy plzzzz help....does any1 know how long these academic sessions go for?

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
Rayanaldo said:

3.) I am doing B Business (Accounting). My last name begins with A and it says that those with surnames beggining from A to H doing this course need to be at the AAS from 9am at Werrington next Friday. My family friend is also doing the same course at the same campus as me, but his surname begins with K. Those from I to P start their session @6pm. But can my friend still come with me when I need to go (@ 9am) or does he have to wait for his session to start?
5.) Do I have to stay at the AAS for the whole time or can I leave when Im done filling out forms etc?
Can someone please answer these questions for me?

klh

HSC
1. welcome, course info, instructions on filling out forms and help to fill out forms. you can ask questions but most questions youwnat to ask are usually answered there.
2. thats what you're there for, given info and forms and then enrolment begins.
3.he can still come with you to the AAS, but i think his documents wont be there. what i mean is he can get the forms and stuff to fill in e.g. hecs form and student declaration, but the fomr with his name stating his course and units to enrol in might not be there since that is not his day. he can come in and get all the info so when he comes in later, he can be more ready.
4.AAS finished quite quickly because there are alot of forms to be processed so they want you to get in and out. They will talk for like maybe 2-3 mins on course and stuff but they will hand out your forms package and hellp you fill out your forms, tell you where to sign, where to put your TFN and stuff like that. but the whol ething might take half an hour or less becasue you gotta wait in line to hand in forms, id photos, getting forms checked and stuff. So best is try to do your forms quickly becasue first in line means first out.
5. AAS: yes, you can leave after you hand in forms and get your id card and tut reg info pamphlet.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh said:
1. welcome, course info, instructions on filling out forms and help to fill out forms. you can ask questions but most questions youwnat to ask are usually answered there.
2. thats what you're there for, given info and forms and then enrolment begins.
3.he can still come with you to the AAS, but i think his documents wont be there. what i mean is he can get the forms and stuff to fill in e.g. hecs form and student declaration, but the fomr with his name stating his course and units to enrol in might not be there since that is not his day. he can come in and get all the info so when he comes in later, he can be more ready.
4.AAS finished quite quickly because there are alot of forms to be processed so they want you to get in and out. They will talk for like maybe 2-3 mins on course and stuff but they will hand out your forms package and hellp you fill out your forms, tell you where to sign, where to put your TFN and stuff like that. but the whol ething might take half an hour or less becasue you gotta wait in line to hand in forms, id photos, getting forms checked and stuff. So best is try to do your forms quickly becasue first in line means first out.
5. AAS: yes, you can leave after you hand in forms and get your id card and tut reg info pamphlet.
It was very quick last year from memory. I had enrolment at like 9:30am or something, at werrington. It took an hour or more to get there, but we were home just before 11. They are super fast there which is good :)

Demandred

HSC
I haven't recieved anything from UWS except for an offer letter. Shouldn't there be more information from UWS? or is that it?

klh

HSC
your supposed to go on the net to find out.
Becasue UWS spends alot of monet on info, like in newspapers, High schools in the Western sydeny area to recruit more strudents, letter informing people about RET and D-day etc.
plus they wnat you to get used the the uws website so you have an extra skill in finding info.
i was surprised lat year but looked it up myself.

klh

HSC
that goes the same as in webCT as well. weekly announcments and stuff from lecturers.
this is a special site that allows you to print off lecture notes and additional info that lecturers give, as well as provide forums and homework adn stuff. you'll find this out later in your first lecture though. All unis do it as well.
plus lecturers hate students who dont read the info they get, they get really annoyed.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Rayanaldo said:

i just went to mine for B social science so i can answer..

1. the advising session.. you just sit around and listen to lecturers talk about your units. that's probably about 30-45 min.. then you get separated into groups, according to what you will major in. more discussion, then you choose your units and fill out a form.
2. yep.
3. you and ur friend can both go on the same day, at the same time. doesn't matter. thats what me n my friend did today, though she was supposed to go tomorrow. they told her that even.. that her day was tomorrow.. but she still enrolled and everything.
4. dunno for sure, about 45min-1hr ? don't remember.
5. you can leave as soon as you're done. it's the lining up n filling out forms that take agesss.. not the AAS itself. i got there at 3 and left at 7.30 =/

klh

HSC
did oyu get help from people on how to fill in forms? lik esi there someone you can go to so they can fill in your forms for you or at least show you how to fill them in?
i hate my academic credit application form...

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Ok dear helpful ppl! Ive got two questions about enrolment/advice day:
1. In regards to the student card, do they need us to bring passport photos or anything? cos i dont remember seeing it on the site...
2. Do they need proof of residency as in ADDRESS wise or just Proof of citizenship? cos i just moved recently and didnt get my driver license changed to my current address yet..

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
funky_a said:
Ok dear helpful ppl! Ive got two questions about enrolment/advice day:
1. In regards to the student card, do they need us to bring passport photos or anything? cos i dont remember seeing it on the site...
2. Do they need proof of residency as in ADDRESS wise or just Proof of citizenship? cos i just moved recently and didnt get my driver license changed to my current address yet..
1. You don't need a pic for your student card ... they will take a photo of you on the day ... so dress up nice and beautiful :uhhuh: (just kiddin about dressing up).
2. When I enroled last year I didn't take any proof of address or citizenship. But it won't hurt to take as much proof as you can ... never know what could happen.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Thanks again Cape!
AW man i hate taking ID pix. they always turn out like mug shots or something. *sniffle* this better not be like my driver license all over again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)