Orientation and Course Planning~ (1 Viewer)

M

MichelleV

Hi there :)
I was wondering if anybody could explain exactly what Orientation day and the Course Planning day are about?

I have to get time off work to attend both, so I'd like a bit of a heads up on what exactly goes on so I can have any questions prepared and whatever.

M

MichelleV

I didn't receive a mail, I looked online.

It changes for each of the campuses :/

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
6-10 is Course Planning and from 20th + is orientation aka Week 0, lol

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
concession cards are one with the student ID's, you'll understand when you go get one.

The Course Planning was useless, lol just retold what i had already read. :|

Shooky_Nooky

HSC
Uni Grad
concession cards are one with the student ID's, you'll understand when you go get one.

The Course Planning was useless, lol just retold what i had already read. :|
Yeah, I was retold the basic stuff I knew too, but the small BBQ for law students wasn't too bad. I just thought it was hilarious how everyone nearly ran out of the room just to get a sausage on bread lol (I'm trying to ignore the fact that I was one of those people :p)

thrillkiller

HSC
yes it was basically pointless, she just went through everything i'd already read online but atleast i was able to get my ID and concession and familiarise with the campus so it wasnt a complete waste i guess

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Orientation day for me was a waste of time. They just went through everything I had already known from what i had read online, but nonetheless, I met a few people, got my student ID card (this is also your concession card) and I learnt how to get to and from the campus using public transport. Lol I had never taken the train or bus by myself so I was shit scared to take public transport on my own for the first week or so hehehe..I was such a noob.
Still, in would advise everyone to attend orientation day...despite the fact that you come home and think that it was an absolute waste of time. As for the course planning day? I don't know what that is..sorry. I don't think we had last year, or maybe I just wasn't aware of it. Have you all been to your academic advising session?

thrillkiller

HSC
Orientation day for me was a waste of time. They just went through everything I had already known from what i had read online, but nonetheless, I met a few people, got my student ID card (this is also your concession card) and I learnt how to get to and from the campus using public transport. Lol I had never taken the train or bus by myself so I was shit scared to take public transport on my own for the first week or so hehehe..I was such a noob.
Still, in would advise everyone to attend orientation day...despite the fact that you come home and think that it was an absolute waste of time. As for the course planning day? I don't know what that is..sorry. I don't think we had last year, or maybe I just wasn't aware of it. Have you all been to your academic advising session?
whats the academic advising session?

HSC
Uni Grad
My course doesn't have a course planning session; and I haven't heard of academic advising session? I'd also like to know what that is.

I'm shit scared of public transport, I haven't been on it alone before. lol

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Hmm I'm guessing they call it course planning session now. They basically just teach you how to enrol...add units. You also get to talk to some students who are in their final years of study in that course and they just tell you a little about some of the extra curricular activities that you could take part in and they tell you a little about the buddy programs...pass and some other stuff. Helpful..esp if you are first in your family to go to uni.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Lol public transport is scary if you travel a fair distance like me..omg coming back home at night when peak hour is long over and the train is empty and no daylight savings hehehe...ahhh good times.

thrillkiller

HSC
public transport is scary for me too. I have like not clue how to use it haha. I need to take 2 buses to get there and 2 to get back. 4 buses a day :(

guess ill just have to get used to it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)