Uni Grad
Re: 0rientation Week

i'm not going to anything edit: :(

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Re: O-week question

it's not compulsory to attend anything, cept prolly soem tute's...

and ffs, some tutor don't really care any way...

but then if u miss out on o wk, then u might as well not come to uni...

zelba

HSC
90s dance night O-week who's going?

So people who's going to the 90s dance night next Thursday?? Do you recommend going even if you don't know anyone?? Do first yrs usually go to this stuff??

OK that's all
Thankyou in advance!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Re: 90s dance night O-week who's going?

anyone can go!

im considering going...and bringing a few of my non-uni friends. it sounds like fun, a night out, a cheap night too lol

im just wondering whether it's going to be worth it. we can always just leave anyway

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

Please post all O-Week Questions here.

Any new O-week threads will simply be closed/merged.

Thanks.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

hey
is the dance party/gerling etc 18+?
and can we buy tix to gerling in advance?

niteshade1312

HSC

I'll def be at the 90's party, and probabaly will make a fool of myself because I am def planning on wearing my uniform. How can i pass up brown school shoes that are FLAT, in comparison to high heels?! That way I can dance the night away!

Also shall be at the arts "Arty Starty" Day.. Hope to see some of you there!

frootloop

HSC

niteshade1312 said:
I'll def be at the 90's party, and probabaly will make a fool of myself because I am def planning on wearing my uniform. How can i pass up brown school shoes that are FLAT, in comparison to high heels?! That way I can dance the night away!

Also shall be at the arts "Arty Starty" Day.. Hope to see some of you there!
You're cool! I think I might rock up wearing my uniform too! Even though I will probably be going to the party on my own. :(

I'm considering changing into my uniform for the party rather than wearing it throughout the day.

Man, my school shoes have totally had it! They're so old and dirty... but they are definately comfortable.

o0_jolie_0o

HSC

i'm reading one of the booklet i received during enrolment day... i noticed it says its compulsory for 1st yr to attend some meeting at 9am for those doing bachelor of teaching, thats the same for bachelor of edu yeh? is anyone doing bach of edu going to that?

stazi

Nightman
HSC

frootloop said:
You're cool! I think I might rock up wearing my uniform too! Even though I will probably be going to the party on my own. :(

I'm considering changing into my uniform for the party rather than wearing it throughout the day.

Man, my school shoes have totally had it! They're so old and dirty... but they are definately comfortable.
OGM BOS MEATUP!!!!

stazi

Nightman
HSC

You'll actually go to the gyms. O-week is primarily for clubs & socs - gyms are businesses.

stazi

Nightman
HSC

It really depends. Mostly $5 for the smaller ones; $10 for some of the larger; $15 (from memory) for SubSci

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC

o0_jolie_0o said:
i'm reading one of the booklet i received during enrolment day... i noticed it says its compulsory for 1st yr to attend some meeting at 9am for those doing bachelor of teaching, thats the same for bachelor of edu yeh? is anyone doing bach of edu going to that?
a bachelor of teaching is different to a bachelor of education. so that probably isn't directed to you. The orientation meetings for first year Ed are not compulsory. I went, and there was a student dressed up as a Duck and 2nd/3rd/4th year students singing a stupid song. Biggest waste of time lol But I guess it's good to meet people in your faculty.

bugs

Considering i payed $604 and amid the claims that the the union supported clubs + socs i assumed that no membership fees were necessary :( .

frootloop

HSC

stazi said:
It really depends. Mostly $5 for the smaller ones; $10 for some of the larger; $15 (from memory) for SubSci
I met someone who reckoned that it cost hundreds to join a club/society. Good thing she was wrong, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)