Orkopoulos attempts suicide (1 Viewer)

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
I hope that was sarcasm.
Yeah, facing the consequences of his disgusting actions as an individual in a position of power. Poor guy? More like poor teenagers needing cash enough to be fucked by this goddamn predator.
More like poor form to not be successful in suicide

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What is it with these high profile botched suicide attempts? How hard could it be, honestly.
Perhaps a cry for sympathy?

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Yeah, funny how it's going to backfire when he is not greeted with sympathy but urged to complete the task.

Generator

HSC
N/A
dieburndie said:
I hope that was sarcasm.
Yeah, facing the consequences of his disgusting actions as an individual in a position of power. Poor guy? More like poor teenagers needing cash enough to be fucked by this goddamn predator.
More like poor form to not be successful in suicide
Keep in mind that as of now he has only been charged, not convicted. That the Police claim that they have a strong case doesn't change this fact.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Yeah I know, If all the allegations are miraculously false, then I will retract my statement.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
dieburndie said:
Yeah I know, If all the allegations are miraculously false, then I will retract my statement.
As mentioned innocent until proven guilty. I have no idea what kind of case the prosecution have. I'm not keen on this trial by media and this weird attitude people have that anyone who is accused of a crime is automatically guilty. Its perverse.

We can talk about all those kinds of things if and when he is found guilty. Up until then the presumption of innocence applies as it should regardless of how dastardly the offence.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
wheredanton said:
As mentioned innocent until proven guilty. I have no idea what kind of case the prosecution have. I'm not keen on this trial by media and this weird attitude people have that anyone who is accused of a crime is automatically guilty. Its perverse.

We can talk about all those kinds of things if and when he is found guilty. Up until then the presumption of innocence applies as it should regardless of how dastardly the offence.
That's what I thought when I heard that it was just based on the allegations of the alleged victims.

The Party was so quick to stick the knife in - despite the politics of paedophilia - no foreplay, no nothing. Really disloyal and sad stuff when presuming his innocence. I would have respected NSW Labor more for standing by their man, respecting due process/rule of law and acting swiftly/harshly after a guilty verdict.
Where's the love? Cold, cruel world.

spell check

HSC
the nsw liberals are hardly going to criticise the govt for a failure to recognise the due process of law

if they could they'd institute trial-by-debnam where non-white people are presumed guilty and locked up for the period between the ages of 12 and 35

Aryanbeauty

HSC
He probably refuse to continue his weekly payments to the teen and then the teen goes public! If the allegations are true I have no sympathy for him or the teens. it seems to me that both side took advantage of eachother's weakness and so deserve what happened to them!

hazaar

Greenie
HSC
Innocent until proven guilty.
It disgusts me how so many people so easily jump on the 'guilty until proven innocent' bandwagon. Are we at all skeptical of the media anymore?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Iron said:
That's what I thought when I heard that it was just based on the allegations of the alleged victims.

The Party was so quick to stick the knife in - despite the politics of paedophilia - no foreplay, no nothing. Really disloyal and sad stuff when presuming his innocence. I would have respected NSW Labor more for standing by their man, respecting due process/rule of law and acting swiftly/harshly after a guilty verdict.
If they keep him there for, say, another three months, and he gets convicted, the ALP becomes even more of a joke than it already is. His sacking was inevitable.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Iron said:

Whilst he is innocent untill prove guilty, the fact is, the Office of a Member of Parliament is more important than the man/woman itself holding such office, and such an office should be beyond disrepute, whether the charges are true or not, the mere fact that they were brought should be sufficient for his immediate dismissal to preserve the (supposed) integrity of the parliament

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
townie said:
Whilst he is innocent untill prove guilty, the fact is, the Office of a Member of Parliament is more important than the man/woman itself holding such office, and such an office should be beyond disrepute, whether the charges are true or not, the mere fact that they were brought should be sufficient for his immediate dismissal to preserve the (supposed) integrity of the parliament
There's a laugh. An MP should be sacked as soon as some boffin(s) off the street convince the cops to prosecute? What an age we live in.

Sure he'd probably be politically dead, even if innocent, and sure it was politically important to not be associated with him, but this is meant to be the party of principle - the exemplary one which holds values like comradeship as sacrosanct.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
I was obviously moving forward with the premise that he is guilty. If he is not convicted for one of the thirty charges against him, which to you people it seems is the most likely outcome, then I don't support the man committing suicide.
Without proof that he is guilty, of course he shouldn't be punished in practice.
But I don't consider myself a trial, and my judgement is irrelevant.
I reserve my right to make conclusions based on the most likely situation, it's just my opinion, not something legally binding.
Jesus.
And also, it would be a really great advertisement for the Labor party if they didn't sack a minister charged with sexual assault.
Even if it isn't strictly ethical, they didn't have any choice

Generator

HSC
N/A
dieburndie said:
I was obviously moving forward with the premise that he is guilty. If he is not convicted for one of the thirty charges against him, which to you people it seems is the most likely outcome, then I don't support the man committing suicide.
Bloody hell, you sure know how to be an annoying little twerp, don't you? Unlike you, many of us aren't jumping the gun, and to state that there should be a presumption of innocence in no way suggests that a person is of the opinion that the charges will or will not result in a conviction.

If you want to continue along with your pathetic little (and ignorant) trial by media, then go right ahead, but don't try and suggest that those of us who hold to the notion of innocent till proven guilty are joining you in making an assumption before the charges have even been contested in court.

Last edited:

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Generator said:
Bloody hell, you sure know how to be an annoying little twerp, don't you? Unlike you, many of us aren't jumping the gun, and to state that there should be a presumption of innocence in no way suggests that a person is of the opinion that the charges will or will not result in a conviction.

If you want to continue along with your pathetic little (and ignorant) trial by media, then go right ahead, but don't try and suggest that those of us who hold to the notion of innocent till proven guilty are joining you in making an assumption before the charges have even been contested in court.
Ok, I take back what I said because I too support the notion of innocent until proven guilty.
You really didn't need to be such a goddamn shitfucker about it though, you overreact all the time.
I'll say I got caught up in the fact that it is extremely unlikely that all charges were coincidental, and repeat that I don't think anything like that should contribute to any sort of consequences for Orkopoulos until after a fair trial.
Don't argue with anything I've said in this thread anymore, there's no point.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
withoutaface said:
If they keep him there for, say, another three months, and he gets convicted, the ALP becomes even more of a joke than it already is. His sacking was inevitable.
I don't think anyone was questioning his sacking. The ALP has to distance itself from him regardless of whether he is guilty or innocent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)