Other girls doing Engineering Studies? (1 Viewer)

dddman

Banned
HSC
KD said:
For those reading the dddman survey as an indication that "UNSW Engineering is the worst for undergrads" :rolleyes:

The report found (from a UNSW perspective) only 10 graduates (6 unemployed) looking for jobs from all fields. Engineering at UNSW graduates probably over 500 or 600 students in Engineering each year (and the survey covers two years worth of grads). This is why I state that you should always look behind all the numbers.

i have more than one, how can u attack it if u dont even open it, idiot...such an individual yourself best describes you and your university, arrogance at its best.

hyparzero

BOS Male Prostitute
HSC
I'll settle this, females and males both suck at engineering, at least in my school. so there

dddman

Banned
HSC
hyparzero said:
I'll settle this, females and males both suck at engineering, at least in my school. so there
how about this, your shit

MoNNiE

HSC
Guys,
Your abit off topic here, nevertheless what uni your going to, this thread is just about how many girls are doing engineering studies!

Not which uni is best for engineering! I know its debatable...and there are reasons behind it!

Personally it really doesn't matter what uni you go to, aslong as you display the desired skills (and possibly beyond) as advertised by the employer, then bingo. Whether you come from UTS or UNSW, i guess it is up to the individual whether-or-not they want to just get their studies over and done with, or they want to go work full time/part time study etc etc.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages!

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Studying engineering can be kinda homoerotic in a very male way, all the talk about pins and members and shafts, and what not, in a lecture theatre full of boys acting like they're still in year 9.
Don't forget elongation and strain on shafts:D

Also, if you do engo at uni and you're a girl, there's this really cool perk where you have (entirely serious here) at least 5 guys, literally following you around all day (like sheep) at all times, competing for your attention. It's like going to a prison, but not quite as much so.
I dunno about others but we don't follow the few girls that do engineering around ALL day. Usually only when we're leavng lectures ad tutes

lisa45

HSC
i am one of 2 girls in my class of 7 and im whippin the boys arses lol. but doing this course has made me realise i would hate to becom an engineer so instead i want to do a bachelor of construction management!

nitrodavid

HSC
some one said girls do chemical engineering nut are there any girls out there planing on doing aeronautical or mechanical engineering??

oh yeah dont forget Fux Alloys (check definitive guide volume 1), conrod and diaphram (as in suspention)

vorahk

HSC
adhara said:
Hi! I am just curious about how many other girls are out there doing Engineering Studies. I know I am the only girl at my school who chose it (for about the last 5 years) and I cop a lot of teasing for being the only girl.

I was wondering about other girls out there doing the course. SO please, post your thoughts.
you should be popular amongst the guys, i wouldnt mind having a few in my engo class, sausage fest isnt cool.

im in a all boys class for physics as well T_T.

moo_moo_molly

Yo mumma
HSC
I don't do engineering at school... I go to a crappy public school where they didn't offer it ... but I'm considering doing it at uni... I applied for early entry into UOW....

thehootman

HSC
LottoX said:
Well in the brochure for the co-op scholarship, there are as many females as males who won engineering scholarships featured. Mining, Industial and Chemical.

Also considering the largely male-dominated candicature...
Um - have a look at all the scholarships that you are given not on how well you do but the fact that you are a woman - there are heaps. Also in the co-op scholarships there are major advatages given to women because the uni's are trying real hard to balance the sexes.

I havnet lost a mark in engineering yet and there are no females in my class.
However i think its an interest thing. Men seem to be more into cars and machinery, women (generally) dont.

cripsy

HSC
I'm a girl doing Engineering Studies this year, and I've been searching for other girls who are doing it too... It's nice to know that I'm not alone!

mezza-canuck

HSC
G'day, im the only girl in my school to engo, theres only 7 people in my class, we started Yr11 with 22, (2 girls) now theres only me :(

i thought i might be the only girl in the state doing it (im glad im not!!!)

TTMSHU

Master of Ranged Combat
HSC
Well, all i can say is good on ya for taking an interest in engineering.

When you get to uni, you'll be in a room full of guys again, and you'll probably never know how much we appreciate your presense.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Eh, they don't offer Engineering Studies at my school, but if they did, I would definitely be in the class. I'm going for Engineering in uni, so it's really a bummer that I can't study it at school.

To all the girls doing engineering studies, I'm with you in spirit.

lala2

Banned
HSC
My friend is doing first year USYD Chemical Engineering (combined with Commerce, but that's another story....) and she says approx. 40% of chem engineering students are female. Anything else doesn't really have a significant female population. As you can tell, my friend and her female friends can all have a good giggle at the better-looking guys in Engineering--they've got choice ;)

Horseypie

HSC
The only girl from my Engo class dropped, but she was pretty much a sausage anyway ;).

Newcastle Uni ftw.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
pfft...girls can't be engineers...

:D

But seriously, good on all you girls.

steelbath

HSC
Hey! you ass, yes we can. I'm the only girl in my engineering class, and im not a sausage either (whatever the hell that means).

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
oooo ! gosh i dont know why I wasnt here sooner ! I'm also the only girl in my engineering class. My class is pretty big compared to here, we have like 18 guys or something like that and I'm the only chick. In physics there are 3 girls. I'm also one of em. =] Seriously, being a chick rocks. I don't quite understand why more girls dont do it. The environment is different (but smelly = =") and plus my class is full of bludgers besides a few of the asians and me. I hope to own all their asses in the HSC ! ( thats if i keep it) =]

j248078394

HSC
my class has a girl doing engineering out of 11, l asked her why she chosed it she said she didn't know what it was and her friend(one of the guy in the class) told her it was about cooking...
poor girl
anyway she droped it this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)